GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Before he left Florida, he went on a little "mission" to dunk on every basketball goal in his neighborhood. Probably not the safest prank to be had considering homeowners have guns and like to use it, but it was funny.

I hope he makes another video of him dunking on one basketball goal in every state on his way up to Milwaukee.

IIRC, that was a thing but not his thing.

Several people, including NBAers like Jaylen Brown, were doing that last year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We're getting shellacked but that doesn't necessarily come as a huge surprise with all the bandwagon Nova fans they've picked up over the past couple years. Still, it's great exposure for the program to even be talked about in the same poll as them.

The brand of Georgia Tech basketball is heading the right direction (unlike, much to my chagrin, the football program :(). I foresee McCamish being a pretty trendy pick for a lot of recruits in the near future, much like the SEC and Big 12 have become as of late.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We're getting shellacked but that doesn't necessarily come as a huge surprise with all the bandwagon Nova fans they've picked up over the past couple years. Still, it's great exposure for the program to even be talked about in the same poll as them.

The brand of Georgia Tech basketball is heading the right direction (unlike, much to my chagrin, the football program :(). I foresee McCamish being a pretty trendy pick for a lot of recruits in the near future, much like the SEC and Big 12 have become as of late.

The results are blasphemous

That GT team would Hulk Smash that Nova team

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Doubt we get him but this is interesting why he is leaving kentucky?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180730-161336.png
    Screenshot_20180730-161336.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 86

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
It could be both,Memphis is the leader to get him right now maybe he feels comfortable with penny as his coach,jmo I was shocked to see him decommit from kentucky

My guess is that likely means Wiseman is going to Memphis as well (also played on Penny's AAU team) and they want to play together.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jeffries had a KY offer and was committed to them. He likely was under some pressure to stay home and play for his former AAU and HS coach (and former teammates).

Penny and asst Mike Miller are going to recruit the hell out of Memphis (both had Memphis based AAU programs). Between them there are 6 Top 65 players who they coached last year - it's a really deep yr in Memphis.

I think they will have top 5 recruiting classes with Penny and his staff. But he will be under alot of pressure to produce with that talent.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Jeffries had a KY offer and was committed to them. He likely was under some pressure to stay home and play for his former AAU and HS coach (and former teammates).

Penny and asst Mike Miller are going to recruit the hell out of Memphis (both had Memphis based AAU programs). Between them there are 6 Top 65 players who they coached last year - it's a really deep yr in Memphis.

I think they will have top 5 recruiting classes with Penny and his staff. But he will be under alot of pressure to produce with that talent.

Probably why he hired a former NBA COTY. I mean, the Tubby smith hire was bad for Memphis because of who they are. I think this staff is a gd homerun for this program. They are going to be really good but they do need to work in some 4 year guys. Antonio Anderson, CDR type players.