GT Football Awards 2017 Season

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I always thought Brant had great potential. He reminds me a lot of Ron Rodgers: not the fastest guy in the world and sometimes has trouble with pass coverage, but an absolute stopper against the run game. I also said that if we can get BJS out there at the same time we might have another Rodgers/Brooking LB combo. Still, I think it'll be hard for BJS to beat out Alexander, given the way he's playing nowadays.

Well, we'll see. Until then it would be nice to see Brant play like that or better for the next two weeks. If the rain holds off, I bet he will.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
One of our best players.

Go Jackets!
Jerry please give a thank you to coach roof from the guy in the foam gt helmet who hollers to him " go get um!" during the player walk up. At first he was stoic when he would go by, but now he has a rye small smile.
Obviously Brent is enjoying flying around and says thanks.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don’t recall ever calling for someone else to start over Brant and I’ve been very complimentary of how he’s played all year but he was terrible last year. Big props to him for turning it around. He’s actually done pretty damn well protecting the middle of the field in pass coverage all year too.

X2, he had a soph slump last year but definitely improved this season. Now we have to find a way to get him and B. Swilling on the field together!

Well one of our no talent defenders recognized,sweet still won’t change the narrative of some. Way to go Gatorade player of the year for Tennessee.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Congratulations to Brant, but . . .

The LB who's quietly made the most improvement over last year out there is #9.
Yeah blowing away the rest of the team on tackles. Simmons has been an impressive boost this year too. Leading team in sacks, tfl, forced fumbles, and blocked a punt

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Having Gray and Mitchell back made a big difference for our defense IMO. That's a lot of experience, communication, and getting others lined up that we missed against UVA.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21712577/2017-freshman-all-america-team

P: Pressley Harvin III, Georgia Tech

i
Harvin ranks 18th nationally and tops among freshmen with a 44.1 yards-per-punt average. He finished second in the ACC in punting, and 32 percent of his punts were downed inside the opponent's 20-yard line. He was fifth in the league in net punting, averaging nearly 40 yards per kick after returns.

GTFLETCH

Banned
That sucks.... Unless TQM is already being moved back to AB, Tobias Oliver won Scout Team Off POY and should have a shot at the starting QB spot along with LJ. But if TQM is already annointed starting QB, we are in trouble as a program... Maybe we win 6 or 7 games if we get some breaks our way this year. But that 37% has to improve to 50% ASAP... Maybe He is a Captain and will be like S.Days play all Backfield positions!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That sucks.... Unless TQM is already being moved back to AB, Tobias Oliver won Scout Team Off POY and should have a shot at the starting QB spot along with LJ. But if TQM is already annointed starting QB, we are in trouble as a program... Maybe we win 6 or 7 games if we get some breaks our way this year. But that 37% has to improve to 50% ASAP... Maybe He is a Captain and will be like S.Days play all Backfield positions!
In what parallel universe is TQM already anointed starting QB?