GT Football Awards 2017 Season

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Figured we could post any awards throughout the season in this thread.

Congrats to Braun

He killed it, no doubt, but I bet his perfectly executed cut block on the TQM highlight play is what got him over the hump for the award. It was just textbook, and because it was a national highlight everyone saw it.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Walton had 201 yards on 11 carries for miami. From a stat line perspective he killed it. Now ti was toledo though so eh
I'm really sick of all the hype for Miami this year. What have they done to earn a top 15 ranking? I didn't know beating up (but letting them hang around) two tomato cans was worth a damn.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Week 5 ACC Awards

OL of the week - Kenny Cooper
DB of the week - A.J. Gray

Cooper being named OL of the week tells you what you need to know about our interior OL. Spoke about it in a couple of other threads, but our GCG is really good. This award completes the tri-fecta as all three of them (Braun, Devine, and Cooper) have won an award for their play this year.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Cooper being named OL of the week tells you what you need to know about our interior OL. Spoke about it in a couple of other threads, but our GCG is really good. This award completes the tri-fecta as all three of them (Braun, Devine, and Cooper) have won an award for their play this year.
Now we just need one for Will Bryan as well. I'm not really sure how you can single any one of them out when they're all playing at a ridiculously high level this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 of our OL on 1st team All-ACC at year's end.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Now we just need one for Will Bryan as well. I'm not really sure how you can single any one of them out when they're all playing at a ridiculously high level this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 of our OL on 1st team All-ACC at year's end.

Yeah, I said this about Will Bryan in another thread: He's probably the unsung hero of our OL so far. He's giving us starter quality at OG and OT with his flexibility. What he does gives CPJ a lot to work with. Hopefully guys get healthy and Will can continue that role because that's such a big reason why we've been playing well on the OL.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I said this about Will Bryan in another thread: He's probably the unsung hero of our OL so far. He's giving us starter quality at OG and OT with his flexibility. What he does gives CPJ a lot to work with. Hopefully guys get healthy and Will can continue that role because that's such a big reason why we've been playing well on the OL.
Fully agree, but I really like our OL with Parker, Will, Kenny, and Shamire all in at the same time. Even though Will is better at G, I think the combo of him at OT and Devine at OG is better than Will at OG and Lee at OT. It's really picking nits when looked at in the grand scheme, as we have about 6 or 7 starter-quality linemen that we can rotate to keep a fresh, aggressive OL.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Fully agree, but I really like our OL with Parker, Will, Kenny, and Shamire all in at the same time. Even though Will is better at G, I think the combo of him at OT and Devine at OG is better than Will at OG and Lee at OT. It's really picking nits when looked at in the grand scheme, as we have about 6 or 7 starter-quality linemen that we can rotate to keep a fresh, aggressive OL.

Assuming they are not injured, you mean.