GT Football Awards 2017 Season

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Assuming they are not injured, you mean.
Yeah, I think Jahaziel should be back (puts us at 6) and Andrew Marshall (whenever he gets healthy) is our 7th. When they're all healthy, that's a dynamite line to be able to rotate players around to keep them all fresh.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow

herb

Helluva Engineer
Sorry I made a separate post about Shamire, you can delete it if it was supposed to go here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sham is no longer diving at legs. He simply steps to his block, grabs the guy with one arm and then the other, and with him legally held, sham runs over him.
When he was uncovered in second half ,we had him block left or pull.

They over adjusted tho cover the run left and they got this play. Shamwall and will midfield block lb.
20171022_173715_resized.jpg

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110817aac.html

FREEMAN NAMED JASON WITTEN MAN OF THE YEAR SEMIFINALIST

Georgia Tech football co-captain tabbed as one of the nation's top leaders in college football

Georgia Tech senior defensive end KeShun Freeman has been tabbed as one of 20 semifinalists for the inaugural Jason Witten Collegiate Man of the Year Award, the award's selection committee announced this week.

The Jason Witten Collegiate Man of the Year, named in honor of the Dallas Cowboys tight end and 2012 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year recipient, is the first college football honor to focus primarily on a student-athlete's leadership, both on and off the field. The 20 semifinalists were selected based on their record of leadership, as displayed by exhibiting exceptional courage, integrity and sportsmanship.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to Brant Mitchell on ACC Co-Linebacker of the Week

CO-LINEBACKER – Brant Mitchell, Georgia Tech, Jr., LB, 6-2, 236, Knoxville, Tenn.
After missing the majority of the past four games due to injury, Mitchell returned to the lineup and led Georgia Tech with nine tackles in a 28-22 win over No. 17 Virginia Tech. Mitchell’s nine stops included a sack and 1.5 tackles for loss, and he also broke up a pass. Mitchell led a defensive effort that limited the Hokies to 16 offensive points and 258 yards, well below their season averages of 32.6 points and 430.1 yards per game entering the contest.

http://theacc.com/news/2017/11/13/acc-announces-football-players-of-the-week.aspx

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don’t recall ever calling for someone else to start over Brant and I’ve been very complimentary of how he’s played all year but he was terrible last year. Big props to him for turning it around. He’s actually done pretty damn well protecting the middle of the field in pass coverage all year too.