GT final record (poll)

What will be the final regular season record ?

• 11-1

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • 10-2

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 9-3

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • 8-4

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • 7-5

Votes: 50 27.9%
  • 6-6

Votes: 37 20.7%
  • Below .500

Votes: 28 15.6%

• Total voters

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The thing is Louisville is no better than a 5-6 win team this season. I think Kentucky will beat them and Bobby Petrino could leave for another job or get fired outright
I am not convinced Louisville is that bad. They looked to me like they had some athletes in that Bama game. They were getting pressure on the Alabama QB with their defense...he was still completing passes because he's an excellent QB, but they definitely were hurrying him. We simply will NOT be able to throw the ball against them, and the only way we win is if we get way ahead and run, run, run. If they can stack the box and stop our run game, we are toast against them. Or we have to win with special teams (ha-ha) or defense (I have not given up on them just yet)

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I had us at 7-5 preseason, but I had USF as a win. So I'm going to downgrade to 6-6. I thought about swapping the UL game to a win, but I can't imagine Petrino not finding a way to absolutely torch this defense.

I agree with you. Concerned about Duke too if their QB comes back for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It is amazing to me that so many still think that "everything's still ok". We come out of the first real game with as many questions as we had going in.
1. Can the DEF stop anybody running (er, without giving up the air bigtime). Look for Pitt to put their TB behind the 250 lb FB and dare us to stop them. btw-the QB can run also.
2.Can the STs function AT ALL. Even our blessed punter screwed up last wk with shanked punt.
3.Can the Off quit turning the ball over? also improve the 3rd down efficiency from 3-12. (that just might be related to the on-going question of how well we can pass on any given day. )btw--losing Benson is not going to help at all.
Make no mistake , Pitt is not a good team so losing to them signals that probably a bunch of the 8-4 record guys are going to have maybe re-evaluate.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It is amazing to me that so many still think that "everything's still ok". We come out of the first real game with as many questions as we had going in.
1. Can the DEF stop anybody running (er, without giving up the air bigtime). Look for Pitt to put their TB behind the 250 lb FB and dare us to stop them. btw-the QB can run also.
2.Can the STs function AT ALL. Even our blessed punter screwed up last wk with shanked punt.
3.Can the Off quit turning the ball over? also improve the 3rd down efficiency from 3-12. (that just might be related to the on-going question of how well we can pass on any given day. )btw--losing Benson is not going to help at all.
Make no mistake , Pitt is not a good team so losing to them signals that probably a bunch of the 8-4 record guys are going to have maybe re-evaluate.
It’s amazing to me that some still think we have no shot at having a good year at all.

1) the D HAS show improvement from last year (although a small sample size)

2) the kicking has actually been better than last year, we need to get all the freshman off the field for KO. We really have only had two bad issues on KO and although big, the rest of the time has been much better. Last year seemed as if every KO was being returned to the 40 no matter what.

3) the offense even with the turnovers is not not an issue. The turnovers are an issue and need to be cleaned up, but the offense should be perfectly fine.

People seem to forget about the 2014 season. I’m not saying we are for sure going to win every game. We are closer than what most people think to have a really good season though. The mistakes should and can be fixed pretty easily.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The whole key is whether this group can get their act together and eliminate mistakes. So far, GT has been beating GT more than anyone else......

IF (and that is a big IF) they eliminate mistakes, it could get interesting.....

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The whole key is whether this group can get their act together and eliminate mistakes. So far, GT has been beating GT more than anyone else......

IF (and that is a big IF) they eliminate mistakes, it could get interesting.....
Exactly how I see it.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It seems Tech always slips up against a less superior coastal foe, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tech played sloppy and lost the UNC game on the road.

Most of us wouldn’t surprised if we lost to anyone on our schedule now, with, maybe, the exception of Bowling Green. Similarly, we wouldn’t be surprised if this team rose to the occasion to beat anyone on our schedule. It always comes down to which Tech shows up - good Tech or bad Tech.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Most of us wouldn’t surprised if we lost to anyone on our schedule now, with, maybe, the exception of Bowling Green. Similarly, we wouldn’t be surprised if this team rose to the occasion to beat anyone on our schedule. It always comes down to which Tech shows up - good Tech or bad Tech.

Well said, sir. Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Anyone here remember losing to Boston College in the opener in 98? They went 4-7...we went 10-2...

Crazy stuff happens man. That team had an awful defense, but started generating turnovers at an incredible rate to make up for it.

I think the special teams stays the same, defense slowly improves and we get much better. 8 wins before December is my call. Might be enough for the division if we win a tiebreaker...could end up 9 or 10 after that...

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It’s amazing to me that some still think we have no shot at having a good year at all.

1) the D HAS show improvement from last year (although a small sample size)

2) the kicking has actually been better than last year, we need to get all the freshman off the field for KO. We really have only had two bad issues on KO and although big, the rest of the time has been much better. Last year seemed as if every KO was being returned to the 40 no matter what.

3) the offense even with the turnovers is not not an issue. The turnovers are an issue and need to be cleaned up, but the offense should be perfectly fine.

People seem to forget about the 2014 season. I’m not saying we are for sure going to win every game. We are closer than what most people think to have a really good season though. The mistakes should and can be fixed pretty easily.

I didn't say ANYTHING about having NO chance for a good season.I did say a lot of folks expect 8 /9 wins .Anything is possible but a LOT has got to change QUICKLY for the better.(the only change is loss of Benson that I see.)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say ANYTHING about having NO chance for a good season.I did say a lot of folks expect 8 /9 wins .Anything is possible but a LOT has got to change QUICKLY for the better.(the only change is loss of Benson that I see.)
Sorry, I wasn’t making that statement directly to you. That’s just what some on this board have either said or acted like.