GT favored over UVA

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Upper east, top row, between the 45s is the bomb if you like to see football. That's what I had before I moved. We loved it.

Those used to be Senior student section. They are great for watching plays unfold.

Staying off topic (forgive me), upper east is where I usually watched as a student between’97 and ‘01, but it wasn’t between the 45’s, it was more like the north end of upper east if my memory is correct.

I was there in 1973. Very close to midfield. In 1974 as a grad student we were one section over toward the end zone but still very good.

227 is where it’s at on the east side it’s upper but not upper

The upper deck east seats are some of the best stadium views anywhere.
Thinking we need to rename the thread. I, too, am an east upper sitter (at least when I go). Almost always sat there as a student in mid 80's and try to get tix there now when I come up - and of course in the first couple of rows. You just can't get closer to the action in an upper deck anywhere.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Thinking we need to rename the thread. I, too, am an east upper sitter (at least when I go). Almost always sat there as a student in mid 80's and try to get tix there now when I come up - and of course in the first couple of rows. You just can't get closer to the action in an upper deck anywhere.
Getting slightly back on topic, I will be at BDS Thursday night against the hoos. I’m a bball season ticket holder, but this will be my first football game in several seasons. I think my last game was about 4 or so years ago. I have no idea where I’ll be sitting, because I’m going with an uncle and 2 cousins that happen to be wahoo fans (uncle is uva alum), and they got the tickets. I feel kinda guilty that I’ll be outnumbered 3:1 in my own party… I apologize. Hopefully the rest of BDS will be full of yellow jackets.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Getting slightly back on topic, I will be at BDS Thursday night against the hoos. I’m a bball season ticket holder, but this will be my first football game in several seasons. I think my last game was about 4 or so years ago. I have no idea where I’ll be sitting, because I’m going with an uncle and 2 cousins that happen to be wahoo fans (uncle is uva alum), and they got the tickets. I feel kinda guilty that I’ll be outnumbered 3:1 in my own party… I apologize. Hopefully the rest of BDS will be full of yellow jackets.
I hope you enjoy the game more than your family.

Techastrophe

Jolly Good Fellow
It takes guts to win when the odds are against you and it takes discipline to win when the odds are in your favor. It's a special coach and a special team that can do both. I feel like GT has tended to show more guts than discipline, i.e., played played up or down to the level of the competition.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
You just need to come to the game with 3x as much GT swag as they have UVA swag…

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Is UVA the white out?
I haven't seen anything indicating that it is, so I doubt many people will know to wear white even if they make an announcement now. Also, even if people wear white it won't be long into the game before the white is covered with coats and blankets. Given those things I don't think the UVA game would end up working well as a whiteout.

If there is going to be one, they need to announce soon that the Miami game will be it.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Spread seems low. UVA is bad.
It's all about getting action. I think we probably win by about a touchdown, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we laid an egg. While we're definitely on the rise compared to the former guy, we haven't proven we can really show up and play a complete game.

The casual bettor probably still sees us as slightly better than the Georgia Tech of the past three years.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's all about getting action. I think we probably win by about a touchdown, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we laid an egg. While we're definitely on the rise compared to the former guy, we haven't proven we can really show up and play a complete game.

The casual bettor probably still sees us as slightly better than the Georgia Tech of the past three years.
Duke was favored by 1.5 over UVA and won by 21. Louisville was favored by 2.5 over UVA and won by 17. Now we are favored by 3.5 at home. UVA has only covered once in the last 6 games. It just feels like they are getting a little more credit week after week in Vegas than they are earning.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Duke was favored by 1.5 over UVA and won by 21. Louisville was favored by 2.5 over UVA and won by 17. Now we are favored by 3.5 at home. UVA has only covered once in the last 6 games. It just feels like they are getting a little more credit week after week in Vegas than they are earning.
If the trend holds we win by 13?

I think its more about UVA’s opponents. People expected Duke to be Duke... they weren’t.
Which Lville team will show up? The respectable one did.
GT may be living on emotion... Are they due to regress?
UVA sucks but their opponents had/ have enough question marks to keep the lines from getting too big.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
You just need to come to the game with 3x as much GT swag as they have UVA swag…
This image is of course the first thing that comes to mind. @gte447f - make us proud.

Waynes World Movie GIF

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The upper deck east seats are some of the best stadium views anywhere.
I agree, I've sat anywhere from the 15yl to 15yl and some of the best game watching I've ever experienced, I do prefer to be in lower half of upper east, but really anywhere is good. Contrast it with upper west, very different because you seem to be so far from the field.
I was told right after we finished the last BDS rebuild that the next phase would be a rebuild of the west stands. IMO at that time they need to steepen the stands and bring the uppers closer to the field, also put chairbacks in the lower west. But first we have to save GTFB financially!!