GT favored over UVA

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’ve already said it but will say it again, the next two games may very well tell us if Key is the man for the job.

Tech can revert to the mean against Virginia, and lose or barely scrape by, or solidify the progress the team has shown and demolish Virginia.

So much to clean up after the last coach and long term progress doesn’t happen over night but a blowout would be a very good sign that the team has bought into what Key is selling.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Agree that this game will be another barometer of the "new" team under Key. Am actually anxious about the game and see if there is upward momentum.

Am regretting moving down to the club level. The seats are not nearly as good for viewing as the east upper deck.
Upper east, top row, between the 45s is the bomb if you like to see football. That's what I had before I moved. We loved it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’ve already said it but will say it again, the next two games may very well tell us if Key is the man for the job.

Tech can revert to the mean against Virginia, and lose or barely scrape by, or solidify the progress the team has shown and demolish Virginia.

So much to clean up after the last coach and long term progress doesn’t happen over night but a blowout would be a very good sign that the team has bought into what Key is selling.
SIMS is no longer at very bottom of acc qbs.
Duke games 320 yds no interceptions. Good game for him to show out.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Son called me and called TFG a clown.
I see what you did there. 3rd party hearsay, harder to pin down, to avoid the hall monitor talk.

ronald mcdonald lol GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Those used to be Senior student section. They are great for watching plays unfold.
Staying off topic (forgive me), upper east is where I usually watched as a student between’97 and ‘01, but it wasn’t between the 45’s, it was more like the north end of upper east if my memory is correct.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Staying off topic (forgive me), upper east is where I usually watched as a student between’97 and ‘01, but it wasn’t between the 45’s, it was more like the north end of upper east if my memory is correct.
I was there in 1973. Very close to midfield. In 1974 as a grad student we were one section over toward the end zone but still very good.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I see what you did there. 3rd party hearsay, harder to pin down, to avoid the hall monitor talk.

ronald mcdonald lol GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK's CZ/SK
The first time i head clown show was in 19 when git a Text from former gt coach.

Changing before we had an inventory of potential players would gave been false move.
However sitting 23 rows up from players has been very hard. Had to watch TFG run after loose balls so he demonstrste relentless effort to help line judge. Like that was important.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was there in 1973. Very close to midfield. In 1974 as a grad student we were one section over toward the end zone but still very good.
In 65 cool thing that rats were right behind the opponents. We gave them hell.

Baylor line used to do that. Kids all in school colors line up across field in s w corner of field. Then they run acroos to get seats.

When they opened the new stadium, the president of the university ran in front of them. Hope our new energy in gtaa makes things fun

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree that this game will be another barometer of the "new" team under Key. Am actually anxious about the game and see if there is upward momentum.

Am regretting moving down to the club level. The seats are not nearly as good for viewing as the east upper deck.
The upper deck east seats are some of the best stadium views anywhere.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I sat Upper East for the first time against Ole Miss and agree that's where it's at. I sat club against Duke for $75 after fees which is about the max I would spend on that experience (disclaimer: I spent my 2 drink tickets on soft drinks and I didn't try the BBQ but the menu looked intriguing). Callaway Club for basketball is a much better overall red carpet experience. I did like how engaged fans were in Club but I don't know if that was a product of the different energy or just because of how low to the field we were. I can't remember the last time my section stood on 3rd downs.

I find it hard not to sit Upper West for night games. That one, sometimes two nights a year you get with sunset and the lit up Downtown/Midtown skyline is too special to waste on the East side.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The crazy part about GT tickets is that the worst ticket to an entire portion of the stadium can get you one of the best seats in the house. If you buy a corner ticket to the Upper North, Upper East, or Upper West you can find your way somewhere between the 35s very easily. Or in the case of the upper north sitting right between the goalposts less than 10 rows deep. It’s hard to get a premium seat like that to a P5 game for less than $100, and GT gives them away for $40. Upper deck on any side of BDS is a great seat because the stadium itself is so confined and close to the field you don’t even feel like you’re in an upper deck. An upper deck seat on the East or west is probably closer to the action than an upper deck seat to a Braves game. And Truist holds 10k fewer people than BDS does