GT fan attitude toward ND

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I really dislike ND for several reasons bUT most of all for them running up the score when they had a 40+ lead on us. When Parsegans (sp) was coach they had a big lead on us and he kept his first string D in the game through to the end just to elevate them in the national ranking. That movie Rudy embellishes them as well. It was not like the movie portrayed it.
I want the ACC to get a real commissioner that will tell ND either to join the league in all sports or kick them out. They get all the benefits of the conference but are not full members. Kick them out and let them struggle to find decent opponents to put on their tv network that anyone would want to watch.

In the good old days, students were seated in the lower West, from the 50yd line to the ens zone on a first come gets the best seat basis. Gates opened 2 hours before game and all seats were gone before kickoff. The empty Club Seats messed up that idea.
Lower EAST, not lower WEST. Students have never sat anywhere on the west side.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wait...you are JEALOUS that our program won’t do things you consider “classless”? Shouldn’t you be rooting for the dwags?
I am jealous about the academic stuff...which I don't consider classless unless you choose to ignore all of college football above Div II.

I consider ND to be classless for things like running up the score with their first string late in the game.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I am jealous about the academic stuff...which I don't consider classless unless you choose to ignore all of college football above Div II.

I consider ND to be classless for things like running up the score with their first string late in the game.
Whew! That sounds much more reasonable...(y)

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I have come to truly respect Notre Dame. I like what they represent for the most part. And, their president had a ton more sense than ours in recent political-nonsense events.
I'd say they line up with GT in general in a lot of ways, and at least in regard to a few particular issues, their leadership lines up more with me personally than our own institutional leadership.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'd say they line up with GT in general in a lot of ways, and at least in regard to a few particular issues, their leadership lines up more with me personally than our own institutional leadership.

Interesting. I am curious as to what you might be referring to. I have been dissatisfied with GT President over a number of issues he has handled where I saw him as buckling to social/peer pressure. I am curious if you saw the same. Or maybe you are seeing something else....

I have come to truly respect Notre Dame. I like what they represent for the most part. And, their president had a ton more sense than ours in recent political-nonsense events.
Is this the same ND president who agreed to cover up "Touchdown Jesus" when Obama spoke there? I don't think that showed much sense.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. I am curious as to what you might be referring to. I have been dissatisfied with GT President over a number of issues he has handled where I saw him as buckling to social/peer pressure. I am curious if you saw the same. Or maybe you are seeing something else....

He sided with ACC against Carolina's bathroom law iirc.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Not only did he side with the ACC, he was (is?) the chairman of the committee that made that decision.
He also did not do anything to oppose the DOJ's guidelines which did away with due process in sexual assault cases (iirc, the taxpayers had to pay out because of this at least once) and looked the other way in some black activist situations.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
1977 ND w/ 62 points on the board puts Joe Montana back in the game in the 4th quarter on 4th down to convert to get a first down and eventually scored their 69th point. A pointless exercise. They literally kicked the yellow jacket nest that day ( I was at that game) and they have been on my list ever since...
It was 63-0 and they lined up for 2. The ND players apologized for their coach and told us where the play was going.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It should read that the score was 63-14 and they scored another TD when the exchange took place between players. Devine was a huge step down after the era of Ara.
Ara Parseghian ran the score up on his share of teams;)

1965: Won 68-13 over Pitt
1966: Won 64-0 over Duke
1966: Won 55-0 over USC
1968 Won 58-8 over Iowa
1970: Won 56-7 over Navy
1973: Won 62-3 over Army

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Ara Parseghian ran the score up on his share of teams;)

1965: Won 68-13 over Pitt
1966: Won 64-0 over Duke
1966: Won 55-0 over USC
1968 Won 58-8 over Iowa
1970: Won 56-7 over Navy
1973: Won 62-3 over Army

I think he was signing books in the ND bookstore on the day of the GT vs ND game in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk