GT Faces Indiana in the NIT

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Good think with the NIT is there's a pretty big gap between games. They tend to play around the NCAA tournament. We play Tuesday. Might not play again til Monday or Tuesday of the following week.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
This is a dream seeding. Play a historic Indiana program first round and if we win we have the chance to avenge our loss to our most hated rivals. This is literally the best case scenario if we were going to miss the ncaa tourney. The NIT committee hooked us up!!!
I think UGAG loses to Belmont and GT possibly gets two home games in a row;)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yea home game is gonna help big time. Indiana is such a storied program and their fans are wrestless so probably won't be interested in traveling for the NIT.

Also we will have had a week of rest where as Indiana played a game Friday so that also helps. I hope come out strong so we can get that rematch and revenge against UGA
There are plenty of Hoosiers in Metro Atlanta.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
im not counting any chickens just yet. from what i heard iu was talking about a trip to the final 4 before the season started so they must have a lot of talent on that club.

one game at a time.

i expect that our game will be part of the wrap around coverage on espn meaning we will only see bits and pieces of our game. will this game also be ''streamed'' in its entirety minus the wrap around coverage or are we stuck with it?

i hope that jordan tucker stuck around long enough on campus to celebrate with the team on our nit bid and pays us another visit on tuesday at the tit.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
im not counting any chickens just yet. from what i heard iu was talking about a trip to the final 4 before the season started so they must have a lot of talent on that club.

one game at a time.

i expect that our game will be part of the wrap around coverage on espn meaning we will only see bits and pieces of our game. will this game also be ''streamed'' in its entirety minus the wrap around coverage or are we stuck with it?

i hope that jordan tucker stuck around long enough on campus to celebrate with the team on our nit bid and pays us another visit on tuesday at the tit.
The bracket I see has GT a the only game on ESPN at 9.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We are a completely different team at home. I'd imagine it's gonna be loud Tuesday nite. I think we've gotten plenty of rest and should be ready to go. IU has talent and likes to run but they're not that good defensively. We will slow it down and throw a lot of different looks at the on D. I think we win by 7.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

one game at a time.

They do but....they lost OG Anunoby to a knee. Josh Newkirk (BG SWIIIING AAND A MISS) was not the answer at PG, James Blackmon is basically the Carmelo Anthony of college basketball and Troy Williams left for the draft early last year.

Now, Thomas Bryant is the real deal but he's trying to do the whole "I can shoot threes" audition for the league and it's not quite working. He was a potential first team AA before the season. Also didn't work out. They have talent but we matchup well and I think they may not be interested.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

They may cut in to a couple of other games coming in and out of timeouts but that is about it. If that bothers you then watch it on WatchESPN.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently there are some rule changes for the NIT including the lack of one and one free throws. Fouls will also be reset halfway thru the half and when the ball is inbounded in the front court the shot clock will be reset to 20 seconds instead of 30.