GT @ Clemson, Friday February 12th @ 8pm (ACCN)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We’ve had one full class run through under Pastner and we are better than we’ve been in ten years and fans want to cut him. AND we don’t even know if these guys are gone. We could end up with this while group back next year. Jesus

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
So if Jose makes the free throws and we win does Pastner get the credit for a great coaching job?
Yep that’s basically how it goes for a coach. He has so little margin for error due to his idiotic practice decision to start the year and then his inability to bring in a quality grad transfer this year

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
We’ve had one full class run through under Pastner and we are better than we’ve been in ten years and fans want to cut him. AND we don’t even know if these guys are gone. We could end up with this while group back next year. Jesus

that’s usually what happens in college sports. Again, he preaches get old, stay old and he still can’t win consistently.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not really sure why everyone is assuming Jose makes that layup with Simms right behind him.
There is no reason for all the seniors to come back. Maybe one of them does. If they really wanted to play another year of college, it'd probably make more sense to grad transfer to a place that's a lock to make the tournament.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yep that’s basically how it goes for a coach. He has so little margin for error due to his idiotic practice decision to start the year and then his inability to bring in a quality grad transfer this year
Well then you clearly don’t understand how leadership works and are just bound to be disappointed. Gregory and Hewitt had glaring schematic flaws. This guy has a solid plan and an incredibly undersized team. One solid big man and we are a legit conference title contender right now.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
No way should José and Moses return. I would love them to return but would be beyond stunned if they do. I don’t think a lot of major players will take advantage of the rule.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm not on the fire Pastner train but we should be realistic that none of our seniors will be returning for COVID exceptions. The sooner you realize that, the more you can celebrate their final games this season and what they've given to the program.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
that’s usually what happens in college sports. Again, he preaches get old, stay old and he still can’t win consistently.
He just got old. Can’t stay old without getting there. I’m mad, but the way we’ve been able to compete without a legit big body is impressive. Jose is the fall man tonight. Don’t blame Pastner

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Well then you clearly don’t understand how leadership works and are just bound to be disappointed. Gregory and Hewitt had glaring schematic flaws. This guy has a solid plan and an incredibly undersized team. One solid big man and we are a legit conference title contender right now.
And whose fault is it they don’t have a big man? Pastner knew Banks would be gone after last year and struck out badly.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I'm not on the fire Pastner train but we should be realistic that none of our seniors will be returning for COVID exceptions. The sooner you realize that, the more you can celebrate their final games this season and what they've given to the program.
Where are they going? I don’t think they’re NBA ready, do you? Overseas to play pro? Just tired of playing college ball?

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not really sure why everyone is assuming Jose makes that layup with Simms right behind him.

There is no reason for all the seniors to come back. Maybe one of them does. If they really wanted to play another year of college, it'd probably make more sense to grad transfer to a place that's a lock to make the tournament.
He may not have made it, but several more seconds would have run off the clock and they had no timeouts left. It would have been the same situation, one point lead, but fewer seconds.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
He may not have made it, but several more seconds would have run off the clock and they had no timeouts left. It would have been the same situation, one point lead, but fewer seconds.
Probably more time since he backed out. But likely a foul either way and maybe he make it

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m just disappointed in this team. Every time we lose two of our best three players are essentially absent on offense. I’ve said it over and over, but good teams go to the line and make free throws when the offense stalls. If there is any coaching flaw it’s that we don’t stress this point.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
What is that the third game we’ve lost recently where there was a banked three in the last minute? Clemson and Ga St this year, Arkansas last year
Not last minute, but in 2019, Virginia Tech banked in a three to take the lead and that was the last basket scored that evening.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I’m just disappointed in this team. Every time we lose two of our best three players are essentially absent on offense. I’ve said it over and over, but good teams go to the line and make free throws when the offense stalls. If there is any coaching flaw it’s that we don’t stress this point.

we miss someone like Tadric off the bench who can provide some scoring punch in spurts. Parham has just never found his shooting touch here.