GT Clemson 2/25 9 pm EST McCamish Pavilion

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Couple of things here.. You're talking about a group that gets excited about raiding a gas station for snacks.

The possibility of traveling to Madison Square Garden might be something that is big to them.

Participating in the ACC Tourney would make us ineligible for the postseason next year (assuming we lose the appeal).

Hahaha ok you got me on the snacks, college kids are excited easily. I guess I'm talking about excitement relative to what their excitement level would be to make it to the NCAAs. Yeah Madison would be cool but Mercedes was the goal everyone really strives for.

I've asked about the possibility of not showing up to the ACC tournament to self impose but it looks like we aren't considering it. I hope we don't come to regret that (if it is even an option at this point, I know the appeal makes it complicated).

MISSOURIJACKET

Georgia Tech Fan
C878D374-6852-4171-85C3-E569FAED04D4.jpeg
FEBRUARY 25, 2020
VIDEO: MEN'S BASKETBALL UNVEILS CLASSIC UNIFORMS

Georgia Tech unveils 2020 Classic Uniforms for tonight's game against Clemson

Georgia Tech’s men’s basketball team will be decked out in classic uniforms for tonight’s game against Clemson, reminiscent of the style the Yellow Jackets wore during the early- to mid-1990s, when Tech captured an Atlantic Coast Conference tournament title in 1993, led by James Forrest and Travis Best, and a regular-season title in 1996, led by Drew Barry and Stephon Marbury.

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think Dr Hyde shows up tonight. Big GT beatdown but we still out-foul them 30-18. I know that’s not over 1 foul a minute for us, but the refs swallow their whistle a lot tonight.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Couple of things here.. You're talking about a group that gets excited about raiding a gas station for snacks.

The possibility of traveling to Madison Square Garden might be something that is big to them.

Participating in the ACC Tourney would make us ineligible for the postseason next year (assuming we lose the appeal).
If I’m JP and ADTS, knowing how the NCAA works I’d sit the ACCT out and roll the dice on making the tournament next year. No reason to kill next year if we **** the bed game 1 in Greensboro....

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
If I’m JP and ADTS, knowing how the NCAA works I’d sit the ACCT out and roll the dice on making the tournament next year. No reason to kill next year if we **** the bed game 1 in Greensboro....
The NCAA operates all post season basketball tournaments. They do not operate the ACC Tournament as it is not post season and we do not face a ban.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Biggest concern is simply if we fail to do much this year, and then get the post-season ban enforced on us next year, and then (nightmare scenario) lose a couple of our top players to the transfer portal because of it.

There, I have stated my fear out loud...

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Biggest concern is simply if we fail to do much this year, and then get the post-season ban enforced on us next year, and then (nightmare scenario) lose a couple of our top players to the transfer portal because of it.

There, I have stated my fear out loud...

I feel like most of us are expecting this at this point, it's just too much of a GT thing to not happen.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
The NCAA operates all post season basketball tournaments. They do not operate the ACC Tournament as it is not post season and we do not face a ban.
Because they don’t operate it doesn’t mean they can’t ban GT from participating. From the AJC article when sanctions were announced:
“The postseason ban is particularly punitive, as Pastner has repeatedly spoken of his intention to return the Yellow Jackets to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2010. The ban means that Tech’s season will end with the final regular-season game, March 6 at Clemson, with no opportunity to play in the ACC tournament.”

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Speaking of the ban, found this quote from Shembari in today's program very interesting.
IMG_20200225_211235.jpg

I thought it must be from before the season started but then you see the quote about Kobe. Makes me wonder what they are telling the players.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win and I'm playing an air guitar Mr. Alvarado. Sorry I missed the first half on TV due to Wake taking two OTs to beat the Hitler Youth.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Good win. Nice to see us put the game out of reach a bit at the end. Also really good to see Jose and Mike step up and take control of the game late. They combined for 33 points, 9 rebs, 11 assists, and just 3 turnovers.

Defense started out poor allowing Clemson to shoot 67% for a good chunk of the first half, but really clamped down and made things hard holding them to 41% for the game.