GT Clemson 2/25 9 pm EST McCamish Pavilion

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win!!! Coach really likes to play Bubba over Jordan in the second half. Good to see Khalid get some ministers again tonight. JA and Devoe played a great game!

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Great all around game, everyone contributed tonight. Let's close out the regular season on a 4 game win streak!

Deleted member 2897

Honest to Pete to not have Jose for half the game, that was a great game. That guy is just a warrior. If I’m ever unlucky enough to find myself in a fox hole in a war, and I’m only allowed to pick one person to be in there with me, and I can’t pick Pamela Anderson, I want Jose. He has the heart of a lion!

Deleted member 2897

OK, some constructive criticism. I think we are really close to being a really good team. There is a few key things I noticed that would make a world of difference.

It’s basically situational awareness. Moses doesn’t need to be dribbling like a point guard. Do the things you’re good at - don’t do the things you’re not good at. That would have saved 5 turnovers tonight. Don’t shoot 3s if it’s not an emergency.

Turnovers with Cole and Usher. Same thing but different method - they get out of control trying to do too much - I think Cole had a couple and Usher had like 3 or 4 - and none of those were from defense.

God bless Moses and his ambition, but he continues to miss dunks where if he just eased up and dropped it in if he could recognize when he can’t reach the basket, that would help. It’s like he’s still learning his body.

And my final comment is that TV Teddy V is the most miserable Ref on the planet. He’s a pompous ******* and was talking trash or both coaches. A Ref should be like a judge or an Ump - call balls and strikes. Don’t be a prosecutor and try and debate people and start arguments. He’s a big idiot.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Because they don’t operate it doesn’t mean they can’t ban GT from participating. From the AJC article when sanctions were announced:
“The postseason ban is particularly punitive, as Pastner has repeatedly spoken of his intention to return the Yellow Jackets to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2010. The ban means that Tech’s season will end with the final regular-season game, March 6 at Clemson, with no opportunity to play in the ACC tournament.”
Thanks. Do you know when this change was made?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Jose is a tremendous competitor. Devoe is very under-appreciated by our fans. Banks played hard. Bubba was tenacious on D.

Holy Moses! What was going on out there? That guy could be such a good back cutter/second chance points guy. Please show him film of him dribbling in the open court. It is a level of bad that has to embarrass anyone out of trying that again.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The ACC does not allow any team that is banned from the post-season to play in its conference tournament. Has been that way for years. That is so you don't have a situation arise where an ineligible team wins the conferece's auto-bid.

Nothing personal, but i'd take a ban this year to not have one next year. This team should have been better than it is. Should have been at least a bubble NCAA team. Just lost a couple too many close games.

I wish Usher would play more under control. He tends to play too fast. He was credited with 5 of the team's 16 TO's.

A healthy Alvarado and Devoe is one of the best backcourts in the conference. it feels like Bubba is finally starting to settle into a role.
I can see why Pastner would play bubba over Usher in crunch time. He's more careful with the ball.

slugboy

Staff member
It’s a weird feeling for me to be this close to the ACC tournament and not know if we’re going to play in it.

The last few years, Clemson has pushed us around under the basket and gotten pretty physical. The last four games of this season for us , James Banks has fouled out. Between the two of those facts, I would have expected trouble rebounding and Banks in foul trouble again, but we won the rebounding battle and Banks only had two fouls.

Clemson also went ice cold in 3 point shooting

Game summary from ESPN: http://www.espn.com/ncb/recap/_/gameId/401168563

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The ACC does not allow any team that is banned from the post-season to play in its conference tournament. Has been that way for years. That is so you don't have a situation arise where an ineligible team wins the conferece's auto-bid.

Nothing personal, but i'd take a ban this year to not have one next year. This team should have been better than it is. Should have been at least a bubble NCAA team. Just lost a couple too many close games.

I wish Usher would play more under control. He tends to play too fast. He was credited with 5 of the team's 16 TO's.

A healthy Alvarado and Devoe is one of the best backcourts in the conference. it feels like Bubba is finally starting to settle into a role.
I can see why Pastner would play bubba over Usher in crunch time. He's more careful with the ball.
As far as Usher goes, I really would like to see him in a limited/6th man type roll. He brings great energy and effort and come do some good things but when given too many minutes he becomes a liability, especially on offense. If he can take it down a notch he’s going to be pretty good. His turnovers last night were bad. Especially the rocket he threw at Bubba in the corner.