GT @ BC

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I know everyone loves Alvarado but he throws up alot of crazy **** and drives in out of control alot what seems like he has predetermined he is going to shoot no matter how many people get in his way.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I know everyone loves Alvarado but he throws up alot of crazy **** and drives in out of control alot what seems like he has predetermined he is going to shoot no matter how many people get in his way.

Put it this way, I will be disappointed if Devoe isn't better than him by this time last year.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's just a micronism of who we are as a team. We either miss FT's all night or we make them but then fail when they really matter. Winning teams convert the one FT needed that would win the game.

It's also starting to get disgusting watching ACC basketball anymore. So many weak fouls get called. The one on Alston on the 3 was a horrible call. We're gonna get absolutely blasted in the tournament again. From my eyes, the SEC is a league above the ACC. Our conference plays like a bunch of pansies.

That Alston foul was complete horse ****. Plenty of room for Robinson to come down safely, but he kicked his legs out to try & draw a foul, so because he lands on Alston's foot, it's a foul on Alston? That's some garbage.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The 4th foul on Okogie was a makeup call from foul that took out their best player. It was too obvious. His 5th foul wasn't much of a foul either. No advantage gained. The ACC refs are the worst major college refs in the country. They actually will change the way they call games when they get into the NCAA. PATHETIC.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I find the college game becoming more unwatchable every year due to how bad the officiating is. They were horrendous today. Felt like they had a quota on bad offensive foul calls. And how often does the ref fall for the screener at the top of the key flopping to draw the foul. I definitely want to see the refs dictate the game when I tune into two mediocre teams playing on ESPNU on a Sunday at noon.

Plus I'm an Eagles fan so seeing those Boston knobs in their Brady jerseys was not welcomed today.

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What's frustrating isn't the loss. We're in the middle of a huge rebuild so losses should be expected. The frustrating thing is that these losses aren't building to anything. We're playing a 6 man rotation pretending that we're still in contention for anything. We're not, and haven't been since before ACC play started (no, not even when we were 3-1). When AD goes out with 4 fouls we need to be getting Cole and Wright experience. Yes, there will be learning pains, and it may cost us a game. Who cares? We'll either suffer those mistakes this year or next. Better this year when we aren't playing for anything than next year when we could be. "oh but what about the feelings of our seniors. We have a responsibility to try and win every game for them". No we don't. We need to be doing what's best for the program and that isn't going with a super short rotation win now at all costs mentality that is clearly NOT winning now.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
After looking at the stats, I have a question for y'all. How did a team that shot 23 3-pointers also shoot 21 free throws and the team that attempted 14 3-pointers (a few in desperation) only got to the line for 13 free throws? How? That is ridiculous and really unacceptable. The officials didn't decide the game, but they sure had an impact on it.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Totally forgot about this game happening until about 1:50. Decided to continue cleaning and watch a replay. Was thrilled with our first half but then was about to fast forward past halftime and saw we were only 1/3 through the game and my heart sank. Definite overtime. Just fast forwarded to the last minute of regulation to see how it went down...nothing surprising. Then I found out at tip of overtime Okogie had fouled out, knew we had no chance.

Ugh. Didn't expect to win this one anyway, but that sucks. I'd be more beside myself if I watched live though.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I also disagree that the end-of-game collapses are on Pastner.

I remember last year being in shock at the end of games with how well we closed out. A year removed from Gregory who gave up every late lead and could not win a close game to save his life. I wonder if we're missing Quinton's quiet leadership or Corey Heyward's defense or something.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
After looking at the stats, I have a question for y'all. How did a team that shot 23 3-pointers also shoot 21 free throws and the team that attempted 14 3-pointers (a few in desperation) only got to the line for 13 free throws? How? That is ridiculous and really unacceptable. The officials didn't decide the game, but they sure had an impact on it.
I actually thought the same thing. The two typically don't go together since it means they're not attacking the hoop.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There were a couple of calls I thought were questionable, but the refs didn’t cost us the game. Our guys were tired. CJP has got to find a way to play Cole or Wright a few minutes in both halves. If we can't win with six, let's lose with eight.