GT @ BC

Deleted member 2897

Good team win today on planet earth. More shots made, significantly better FG%, etc. oh well. Teams just seem to ha e career days when they play us. We beat Clemson too, but that didn’t count for a Win either.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's absolutely disgusting watching us lose because we can't hit FT's.
Lammers should have hit at least one more, but our misses were from him & AD.

BC shot 21 FTs. We shot 13 FTs, hit 9. We've gotta get to shoot FTs, in the first place.

Refs called tick tack **** on us, which is fine if you call it both ways. They didn't. BC got away with a lot of bull****.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Frees and threes are the difference.
b0620d8d75da21797df8ae3e24b3857d.jpg

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw this coming. Our lead dwindled and I just got that feeling. Some of y'all on here are complainers. BC is not really bad. Great? No. But they won, beat us. I don't care how bad the refs are, scoring 3 points in OT is awful. Their strength was our weakness: shooting. They could shoot it. Yes, they were especially hot today. Maybe some better defense would have countered that. Okogie fouling out and FT misses did us in.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Well...that's one we could have and should have stole on the road. We made some nice plays on Off and Def to get a late lead, and then we let it go with a missed FT, giving them an open 3 for the tie, and then a TO on our last possession of regulation.

Nice balanced scoring, solid defensive effort (some things you just can't stop), 21 fouls vs. 14 for BC, a few too many TOs and not executing at the end killed us. Oh, well. Let's get em next time. Go Jackets!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I've been trying to tell folks this team is missing a little something at crunch time, and it showed again today. Many disagreed with my earlier comment, but it is still my view that this team either lacks confidence or is missing some key piece late in the game to get the win. We had a 4 point lead with 1:52 to go and failed to score another point...and then only scored 3 in OT. We had a 3 point lead over Grambling with 0.43 left, failed to score again and lost the game....we fought back and tied an excellent Clemson team with 0:42 left, then again had an inexplicable defensive assignment which allowed Clemson to score and we failed to tie it, so another crunch time loss. We had a 2 point lead over Wright State with 2:38 left and lost by 4 points, and we blew a 10 point lead over Wofford with just over 5 minutes left tin the game, and when we didi tie it late, we lost again in the final seconds.

That's 5 games where we either led or were tied late in the game and we lost them all. Whatever is causing this pattern, I don't know. Maybe we just aren't all that good. But we sure have come up short a lot in late game situations.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Lammers should have hit at least one more, but our misses were from him & AD.

BC shot 21 FTs. We shot 13 FTs, hit 9. We've gotta get to shoot FTs, in the first place.

Refs called tick tack **** on us, which is fine if you call it both ways. They didn't. BC got away with a lot of bull****.
It's just a micronism of who we are as a team. We either miss FT's all night or we make them but then fail when they really matter. Winning teams convert the one FT needed that would win the game.

It's also starting to get disgusting watching ACC basketball anymore. So many weak fouls get called. The one on Alston on the 3 was a horrible call. We're gonna get absolutely blasted in the tournament again. From my eyes, the SEC is a league above the ACC. Our conference plays like a bunch of pansies.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been trying to tell folks this team is missing a little something at crunch time, and it showed again today. Many disagreed with my earlier comment, but it is still my view that this team either lacks confidence or is missing some key piece late in the game to get the win. We had a 4 point lead with 1:52 to go and failed to score another point...and then only scored 3 in OT. We had a 3 point lead over Grambling with 0.43 left, failed to score again and lost the game....we fought back and tied an excellent Clemson team with 0:42 left, then again had an inexplicable defensive assignment which allowed Clemson to score and we failed to tie it, so another crunch time loss. We had a 2 point lead over Wright State with 2:38 left and lost by 4 points, and we blew a 10 point lead over Wofford with just over 5 minutes left tin the game, and when we didi tie it late, we lost again in the final seconds.

That's 5 games where we either led or were tied late in the game and we lost them all. Whatever is causing this pattern, I don't know. Maybe we just aren't all that good. But we sure have come up short a lot in late game situations.
Thats a pattern that speaks to coaching. Pastner is not very good at the end of games.