GT and Under Armour

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I still come back to the question of why Tech fans can't be like fans of every other major school and wear the PRIMARY color to games? This is not the 1950s when people wore coats and ties and dresses and stoles to games; it's the 21st century when a team is (or should be) known by the fans that support them. And too many Tech fans show nothing in public that would indicate support for the team. Like I said, if Clemson fans can wear that butt-ugly orange to games and virtually anywhere they go, why do Tech fans think they are above that? Don't you realize how it looks on TV when a stadium is filled with fans wearing the team's colors? Don't you think that the players would be fired up looking up in the stands and seeing solid gold (or yellow)? Hell, Tennessee's fans think so much of their colors that they fill alternating sections of the stadium with orange and white. Meanwhile BDS is filled with fans wearing a hodgepodge of nothing that would indicate support.
Tennessee's fans also wear their colors when they go hunting or when they are picking up trash on the side of the road.

Last edited:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee's fans also wear their colors when they go hunting or when they are picking up trash on the side of the road.
Man, just wait til our game at the new stadium to kickoff next season. It's going to look like a hunting, construction and county jail inmate trash pick up convention with all that damn orange....

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
From a very reliable source. Take this for what it's worth.....

* Russell is getting out of the sports apparel business, i.e. at least college uniforms
* We've been told that we may be able to get out of our contract a year early, i.e. by next football season
* Nike's Chief Technology Officer is a Tech grad
* Kevin Plank of Under Armour literally was down to his last dollar when Georgia Tech bought a big shipment of shirts from him. That is something that is reportedly remembered by the folks at UA.
* Likely comes down to Nike and UA and hopefully new uniform supplier by next football season.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
From a very reliable source. Take this for what it's worth.....

* Russell is getting out of the sports apparel business, i.e. at least college uniforms
* We've been told that we may be able to get out of our contract a year early, i.e. by next football season
* Nike's Chief Technology Officer is a Tech grad
* Kevin Plank of Under Armour literally was down to his last dollar when Georgia Tech bought a big shipment of shirts from him. That is something that is reportedly remembered by the folks at UA.
* Likely comes down to Nike and UA and hopefully new uniform supplier by next football season.

What you have heard is true, although the Georgia Tech "big shipment" to UA was really not very big. Of course when your company is broke any check coming in leaves quite an impression. There will likely be one other bidder, but I agree that UA and Nike are the front runners -- both with close ties to Tech as you pointed out.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
What you have heard is true, although the Georgia Tech "big shipment" to UA was really not very big. Of course when your company is broke any check coming in leaves quite an impression. There will likely be one other bidder, but I agree that UA and Nike are the front runners -- both with close ties to Tech as you pointed out.

I've heard it was around $7,500, but when you are down to nothing, that can keep the lights on and lead to bigger things.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer

All of this is true although the 3rd bidder is an afterthought so it seems. I am 100% certain that we have had discussions with UA and Nike despite what you want to believe but like I have said that was with MBob at the helm and I'm sure we will start over.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
:banghead: I'm not doubting it but I do lament the fact that we now may be in an era where big business decisions are affected by the whimsy of snot nosed 17 and unders.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
:banghead: I'm not doubting it but I do lament the fact that we now may be in an era where big business decisions are affected by the whimsy of snot nosed 17 and unders.

You gotta give the people what they want. What's the point of partnering with a company that has little to no demand? When you are in a business environment, money talks...no matter the consumer.