GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Very fortunate to win with such pathetic free throw shooting tonight. Less than 50% for the game and could have lost it at the end. The girls are not putting much touch on the ball and it either goes in or they brick it. Need to shoot a bunch in pregame tomorrow. Glad they won even with bad FT's. Cubaj probably needs stitches to even have a chance to play tomorrow.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
This was an ugly win. Anyone know if Cubaj is OK for tomorrow?
In the post game presser Coach Nell said Cubaj is fine but in order to play tomorrow she needs to pass protocols. That tells me the laceration on her chin won't stop her from playing as long as she makes it through the night ok and passes concussion protocols tomorrow. I would love to see her come out on the court with a mask like Michael Myers and scare the hell out of Notre Dame with both that look and her play on the court.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Very rough offensively. Everybody knows we don't have a creator, we need our new guards and quick. Its a shame about Fletcher and McQueen. If those two were integrated into this team, I really believe we would be on the NC State, Louisville level.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Very rough offensively. Everybody knows we don't have a creator, we need our new guards and quick. Its a shame about Fletcher and McQueen. If those two were integrated into this team, I really believe we would be on the NC State, Louisville level.

Can Melious come next year instead of year after? ;)

slugboy

Staff member
Georgia Tech women knocked out of ACC tournament

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...of-acc-tournament/AU65RAW4HVC7BLKT4O5QWPGYQI/

(Via AJC News)
The AJC has a decent writeup.

9C57F2F0-06A3-49C1-B05A-14B455AA5AF5.jpeg

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We went 9 and 2 in the ACC and then collapse? What happened?
Too many minutes for the Iron 6 in the lineup. Not much depth. CNF made that choice to “go thin.” Teams figured out how to attack our defense. We overload the ball side. On offense, the 1-3-1 became extremely effective vs. most G.T. sets, particularly the “horns.” Attack our PG, where we really only had one true ball handler in Lahtinen and wear her down. Chemistry became unglued somewhat as Tech suffered the mental game on the court, or if you will oblige me- the confidence and pressure within the regular players.

Let us hope Maj makes a good decision on coming back or moving on for that coronageddon extra year allotted.

SowegaSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Too many minutes for the Iron 6 in the lineup. Not much depth. CNF made that choice to “go thin.” Teams figured out how to attack our defense. We overload the ball side. On offense, the 1-3-1 became extremely effective vs. most G.T. sets, particularly the “horns.” Attack our PG, where we really only had one true ball handler in Lahtinen and wear her down. Chemistry became unglued somewhat as Tech suffered the mental game on the court, or if you will oblige me- the confidence and pressure within the regular players.

Let us hope Maj makes a good decision on coming back or moving on for that coronageddon extra year allotted.
Good analysis…I hope Maj comes back. Did K Fletcher enter the transfer portal?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

This is a good explanation. I would add to it.

Maj is not a PG and her play suffered having that responsibility. It says a lot about her character that she accepted the role and did her best to succeed. Bates is a skilled 3-point shooter, but I was disappointed in her overall play. Those are the only guards with the talent and experience to compete in what was the best ACC competition I have ever seen.

Teams learned during the season that our guards might score some points, but they were not going to be the winning factor. So, they concentrated on making life difficult for our forwards. We are not a good shooting team and depended on getiing points in the paint. Late in the season that became much more difficult.

If Maj returns we will have more talent outside than this year. But we will be very young in either case.