GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I thought the very same thing today. Coincidence.
However for next season, it’s a super trade in theory.
PG-Lahtinen, Morgan
2G-Fletcher, Boswell
SF-Love, Dunn
PF-Blackshear, Carter
C-Hermosa, Aranaz

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
PG-Lahtinen, Morgan
2G-Fletcher, Boswell
SF-Love, Dunn
PF-Blackshear, Carter
C-Hermosa, Aranaz
Cubaj will be missed. She is a generational athlete and competitor. But, the future looks good.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Amy Baum (5-7 SR guard, Melbourne, Australia) has entered her name into the portal, out of D-II Hawai'i Pacific WBB; started the first 7 games this season: 12.6 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 6.6 APG; PacWest player of the year the last two seasons.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
PG-Lahtinen, Morgan
2G-Fletcher, Boswell
SF-Love, Dunn
PF-Blackshear, Carter
C-Hermosa, Aranaz
I think Bulane plays a major role next season. To me she shows a lot of promise as a point guard. You can see she comes so close to making a lot of super passes. She sees the court very well but being a freshman she underestimates the speed and quickness of her opponents at this level compared to what she dealt with in Europe. I think next season her growth will be exponential as it is for many making the transition from year one to year two. This frees Lahtinen up to play the two spot which I think is more natural for her. Should that be the case we could mix and match with a three guard lineup when needed while still having the size to put out a big lineup as well. Obviously not having Cubaj back is a huge loss but if Hermosa improves as much next year as she has this year it will mitigate it somewhat. I don't think we will be near as physical next year but I believe we will be a much better shooting team.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@78pike -Wasn’t omitting Bulane out of the equation, just a starting two deep.
Harrison, Ines and the 15th schollie(which could be a Post Player?), could break through. Especially with attrition or injuries. Clark, seems to have accepted her role like others have before her with getting that 40 year degree.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
LOL @ the dog collars.

/
DAWG Pound!!

2022 Commits & Signees:
-Paris Miller PG 5-9 Johns Creek(HS), Ga.(did not sign in Nov.)
-Raeven Boswell G 5-11 Lake Travis High School | Austin, Tx.(Signed, Nov. 10, 2021)
-Tonie Morgan PG 5-10 Florida H.S./ Tallahassee, Fla.(Signed, Nov. 10, 2021)
- Inés Noguero Outeiral 2G 6-0 Siglo/ Pedreguer-Gijon, Spain(Signed, Nov. 13)
- Kara Dunn 2G-SF 6-1 Mt. Paran School/ Kennesaw, Ga.(Signed, Nov. 11, 2021)
-Kayla Blackshear F 6-2 Orlando, Florida(Lake Highland Prep.)Ala. Trf., Fall 2022

2023 Commits:
-Nicole Melious G 5-9 Susan Wagner H.S./ Staten Island, NY

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
WF won in Atlanta last year. They have the ACC leading scorer. Tech is coming off of exams. I like Strautmane taking open 3’s with her size over the Zone. It also opens up some stick backs from Cubaj. Hermosa needs to be more active on the offensive end. Try to take some of the pressure off the Point Guards.
https://ramblinwreck.com/womens-basketball-opens-acc-play-sunday/

Need a pick me up after men's basketball.

Wake is a bubble out team, so we should beat them at home?!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watching the UConn - UL game and the announcers are interesting in their dialog about UConn. All the comments are about how much they have improved since the 2nd half of the UCLA game. They have not mentioned the GT game at all.