GT (+9) @ Temple

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ was worried about leaving TO in all game. He had to leave him in against VT and look what happened....

On the other hand, leaving TO in all game is not the secrete sauce to winning. GT does not have a break the game and win QB at this point.

CPJ was worried about leaving TO in all game. He had to leave him in against VT and look what happened....

On the other hand, leaving TO in all game is not the secrete sauce to winning. GT does not have a break the game and win QB at this point.
Well, we really don't know if we have a "break the game and win QB" or not, since we haven't left any one QB in there long enough to prove it one way or another.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They have a qb that has can pass ( every td is by pass) and we have not demonstrated any ability to pass except late in Clemson.
Therefore we will use a running qb .
Will we do a passive defense like in days past ( note - this is not a criticism of any past dc coaches who have been roundly given the praise they deserve ) or will we bring it.

If he wants to win i would say we play a mix w most being passive.

If he wants to lessen chance of victory but get the defense s mo jo back, he will play aggressively.

To make gtswarm errupt all that needs to happen is for us to go down with a couple of long passes on blown coverage.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@iceeater1969 I’d rather be aggressive and get burned periodically than die a death by a thousand cuts. Just my personal opinion.

That being said I’ll armchair QB all day long.

We pay coaches to deliver results. Ultimately CGC will amass a record like his predecessors and he will be judged by the record he had. An overall 57-61% winning percentage puts him in the company of many recent GT coaches. Better than that he’ll be a hero, below that he’ll be a goat. CGC’s challenge most likely will be the hill he will have to climb getting there by the path he has chosen.

My money’s on we will lose patience in year 3, put an immense amount of importance on year 4, and incredibly we will be more divided of a fan base in year 5 than we are right now. It’s in our DNA. If we’re happy dwag stomping fans instead we’ll be so intolerable a fan base we won’t even recognize ourselves anymore.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Practice
William lay getting serious reps at center w ones.

Defoor and ZQ doing counter tre kind of like braun and lee used to do.

Freshmen lb DKnight looks like an angry grown man

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Look guys take in from a drunk ( no not my beer my advice )
There are two ways to win. First you outscore your opponent. Well with our offensive coordinator lets skip over number 1 that ain't going to happen.
Second you hold your opponent to less points then you have. Now here is our chance .
Bet the under. And buy me a 6 pack when you win.

I like your conclusion, stech81, but the way you get there eludes me. Or maybe I should be drinking, too. If we hold them to fewer points than we have (#2), then will we not have outscored them (#1)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Good post Liberty, but by year 4, if we are divided, we be dumb. If by mid-season year 3, we don't see 1989ish progress, we are in so deep as to be 1980 ded.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member