GT (-8.5) vs. Wake Forest

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Are my ears ringing or did the refs just call another foul on Tech? Some of the calls were ridiculous

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Yeah they were definitely giving Wake the "you're losing by a decent amount, here's a free And 1" treatment towards the end. I was getting nervous at the under 8 because we completely stopped playing defense. We had a possession or 2 against the press+double team that was awful and I figured we'd lose. But we beat the press, and Jose was unguarded with the ball inside the arc, looked around for a while to pull it back out and decided to attack the basket and tossed up an alley oop to James Banks. Was great to see Georgia Tech ice this game by scoring easy buckets rather than running 30 second possessions.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
#0 for Wake couldn't miss in the second half. Fortunately, Tech matched them with free throws down the stretch. Fans were not impressed with Danny Manning playing the foul game starting with over two minutes left in the half

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I will say: fans/students get an A- in the first half and a C in the second half. First half, everyone was really engaged and energy showed on the defensive side with some turnovers, buckets in transition, and some nice runs put together. In the second half, it was a lulled energy at times when I thought we needed to pick up our defense. You may laugh at me rating the crowd but it has a really big impact on these ACC games.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I will say: fans/students get an A- in the first half and a C in the second half. First half, everyone was really engaged and energy showed on the defensive side with some turnovers, buckets in transition, and some nice runs put together. In the second half, it was a lulled energy at times when I thought we needed to pick up our defense. You may laugh at me rating the crowd but it has a really big impact on these ACC games.
We won...that's all that matters.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow

Students need to be an A+ come Wednesday. Syllabus week, no rush yet. No excuses

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
#0 for Wake couldn't miss in the second half. Fortunately, Tech matched them with free throws down the stretch. Fans were not impressed with Danny Manning playing the foul game starting with over two minutes left in the half

Childress was ridiculous.

Fans may not have liked it, but Danny Manning was correct to put us on the line. Who knew we could hit 'em like that?

Probably our best overall effort of the season. Defense was consistently good (there's not much you can do about a guy like Childress), and our offensive ball movement looked a lot better than a few weeks ago.

/