GT +8.5 @ NC State

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Banks and Devoe were absolute beats tonight, especially in the second half. Two things that I think bode well for us going forward is that when we got down we came back with pretty much just consistently outplaying NCSU for the last 35 minutes of the game. Honestly, if it wasn't for that transfer going off the first 10 minutes, this is a comfortable win imo. I also loved that when Jose picked up his 4th foul we pretty much maintained what we were doing. That would have not been possible the last two years.

Overall, we're lucky they were missing their two best players, but a road win is a road win. Also, while we hunkered down and fought back very well, there is still plenty of room for improvement. We got nothing from Parham and Jose didn't have his best game. We don't have Usher and I don't think we have fully adjusted to have a backcourt trio like Jose, Mike, and Bubba yet. The second half really showed how we should approach offense with having our guards handle the ball a ton and letting Moses roam inside the arc getting dump downs and put backs, while feeding Banks some. Also looking for opportunities to push tempo some was very nice to see.

Once we settle in and get Usher added to the lineup we could be real dangerous in ACC play. Will need a couple of games like this one against better teams where we hand around and hope to win it late. But we have the experience to get it done.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Covered +7 for 100$ and hit the money line too! Great start to the season. That was a game we lose last year. I was completely shocked we pulled that out. Banks was an absolute beast tonite. Devoe, although he’s a bit soft at finishing at the rim, the kid just has that IT factor to his game. Smooth and under control. I can’t wait to see this team with Usher in the lineup!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Reveno earned his promotion. Banks is an amazing talent but he, Khalid, and Moses have unreal fundamentals. It was really fun to watch them when our back court was in a slump. Does anyone else think it's funny that every stadium plays the song Mo Bamba and that's the guy who Banks had to ride the pine at Texas for? They played it during our last timeout in OT, wonder if it pumps him up...

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
We always get one of these unexpected wins every year that get our hopes up. Let's just hope we beat the teams we should and grind and scrap with the teams that are better than us

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wins in the ACC are hard to come by. Winning on the road in the ACC is even harder.

We didn't lead the whole time in regulation...and we pulled out a win in OT.

Feels good to win. Period. If our entire season is made up of close, nail biting wins, I'll take it.

I still expect us to finish in the top half of the ACC and I'm sticking to that.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wins in the ACC are hard to come by. Winning on the road in the ACC is even harder.

We didn't lead the whole time in regulation...and we pulled out a win in OT.

Feels good to win. Period. If our entire season is made up of close, nail biting wins, I'll take it.

I still expect us to finish in the top half of the ACC and I'm sticking to that.

coming into the season I had a theory on this, I thought that due to the ACC kind of being “flatter” that home teams would have the edge in more contests this season. Last year, ACC home teams won 73.1% of their games. Last night, all 3 true road teams won. So there goes that...

Deleted member 2897

HELL. YES. BITCHES.

Lots to improve on, like spotting them 10 points off the bat. But what a gutsy win! WE made free throws at the end to win??????

UNDEFEATED IN ACC PLAY.

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
Khalid Moore was a beast, the unsung hero. He got a huge steal late in regulation, he hustled to get the loose ball on that play late in overtime, then ran all the way back and got the rebound on the last play of the game. His heart, length, and athleticism are impressive.
+1000

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great win. I went to sleep with game tied. Woke up at 3AM and checked score (and election results). Great day.

Helps having older more experienced players. Really glad for the team and Pastner to get off on a good note. As noted above, need to build on this. But it's something to build on as opposed to something to overcome.

Can't wait to talk to my NC State friends. Not what was expected :)