GT (+7) vs. Miss St.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure this sounds right to the guys in Vegas and, if we were playing in Starkville, I'd agree with the line.

But we aren't. I don't expect this to last. Since it's on a neutral site, I would call the game dead even and pick 'em myself. I don't see a TDs worth of difference between us and MSU. Like I said before, this looks like it could be another ACCCG to me. Just hope we end up with the ball last and about 3 minutes to do something with it.

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
We are not the same team we were for those other bowls. Our O line has developed to the point where I believe we can move the ball on anyone, regardless of how much time they have to prepare. As we have seen week after week, it's a game of adjustments during the game that make the difference . Our D gets a chance to look at their O for a month, too.

Animal02

Banned
I'm sure this sounds right to the guys in Vegas and, if we were playing in Starkville, I'd agree with the line.

But we aren't. I don't expect this to last. Since it's on a neutral site, I would call the game dead even and pick 'em myself. I don't see a TDs worth of difference between us and MSU. Like I said before, this looks like it could be another ACCCG to me. Just hope we end up with the ball last and about 3 minutes to do something with it.
You have to remember the "line" is not about predicting who will win but about generating bets on both sides.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think MSU is a good football team, however, I also feel that the ENTIRETY of the SEC, even the west, is grossly overrated and has been all year. This doesn't mean I think they are bad, far from it. There just isn't a huge gap between them and the rest of the CFB playing world. At this point, MSU has done next to nothing to prove their lofty status. Their OOC record is meaningless and pitiful in terms of quality of competition. They might be really good, but there is no way to know it by their resume. They will have their shot to prove it in a few weeks.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
I think 7's a little high, but Mississippi State's definitely a really, really good team. Either the best or the second best we've faced this year. We definitely deserve to be the underdog and a win over them would be very impressive. I liked our chances a lot better against Michigan State for sure.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
I think MSU is a good football team, however, I also feel that the ENTIRETY of the SEC, even the west, is grossly overrated and has been all year. This doesn't mean I think they are bad, far from it. There just isn't a huge gap between them and the rest of the CFB playing world. At this point, MSU has done next to nothing to prove their lofty status. Their OOC record is meaningless and pitiful in terms of quality of competition. They might be really good, but there is no way to know it by their resume. They will have their shot to prove it in a few weeks.

SEC West has been grossly underrated. People act like it's similar to other divisions, when it's actually the best division in the history of football. Didn't lose a game all season long except to Missouri and Georgia and Missouri didn't beat any of their Top 5 teams. I'd take Mississippi State or Auburn over Ohio State in a heartbeat.