GT (+7.5) vs. Miami

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty much this.

I appreciate that not everyone knows what they're watching during a game. For them it's made shots and missed shots, and everything else is excuses.

However, they took apart our zone better than anyone all year. I think the idea that having all week to focus on that had no impact is crazy.

Anyone who responds, "wah wah wah" to that observation seems to me like someone who'd be happier saying, "woof woof woof"
Louisville was the only other team that did that to us, and they ran a similar offense. Nwora killed us in the corners like Vasiljevic did today.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC so-called conspiracy against us is moot. Who cares if Miami had 6 days off before us, they are a better team 6 days or not. I am trying to come to terms with how bad we have been for a decade now.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty much this.

I appreciate that not everyone knows what they're watching during a game. For them it's made shots and missed shots, and everything else is excuses.

However, they took apart our zone better than anyone all year. I think the idea that having all week to focus on that had no impact is crazy.

Anyone who responds, "wah wah wah" to that observation seems to me like someone who'd be happier saying, "woof woof woof"

Please don't call me a "woof woof woof" heathen... I would rather jump off a building than be associated with those mouth breathers. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but I get tired of the old arguments about the ACC having it our for us. To me, it's garbage.

I know what I am watching during a basketball game, and I agree that our defense was exposed early in the game. I think some of it was scheme on their part, but I also think some of it was their guys making plays and our guys falling asleep.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the most frustrating thing this year (aside from coaching) is that our guys have yet to be ‘on’ at the same time. If we could get everyone to be consistently ‘on’ life would be so much easier. I guess that is something that only comes from experience?

Deleted member 2897

Well to me the data (especially in football) says it’s both - the ACC doesn’t give 2 craps about us and we just plain get beat.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't someone on this board saying he was going to be a 1st round pick in this year's draft? Come on now.
I was just about to type this! No way in hell this kid is ready (yet) He’s got length and he’s athletic but needs a this entire off season in the weight room and his hands and constant foul trouble are serious issues. If he declares for the draft I am too!

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line is we have not been relevant in basketball in a long time and don't see that changing anytime soon. It is very disappointing but don't see anything changing unless GT can make a big time hire.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Bottom line is we have not been relevant in basketball in a long time and don't see that changing anytime soon. It is very disappointing but don't see anything changing unless GT can make a big time hire.
+1

Would love to see CJP start to pull some rabbits (4 or 5 star players) out of the hat, but I am not going to hold my breath.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We have some good players, but there are just not enough of them. We had some lapses yesterday, but there were times when we looked like a decent team.

But, this leads to a question I have about the last 5-6 games. AD and Alston have just about disappeared relative their minutes earlier in the season. I watch games with the sound muted most of the time, so I may have missed something. Why are they not playing more? Also, Phillips and Ves almost never play. If those four are not on the roster next season we might not even notice their absence.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
We have some good players, but there are just not enough of them. We had some lapses yesterday, but there were times when we looked like a decent team.

But, this leads to a question I have about the last 5-6 games. AD and Alston have just about disappeared relative their minutes earlier in the season. I watch games with the sound muted most of the time, so I may have missed something. Why are they not playing more? Also, Phillips and Ves almost never play. If those four are not on the roster next season we might not even notice their absence.

AD has, by far, the best post moves of anyone on our team. I have to say he’s come a long way. Reveno seems to be good. Not sure about other 2 assistants.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Is this worse than the Morrison / Dodd a.d. days?

We are in a great recruiting area, great facilities, great conference, our instate rival is a mbb wasteland, play a great schedule for potential fans.

Of all our teams - MBB should be the one consistently competing for greatness.