GT (+7.5) vs. Miami

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
I would definitely take the Jackets at around +300 on the moneyline in this spot. Unfortunately none of my books are offering moneyline wagers on this game yet.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I would definitely take the Jackets at around +300 on the moneyline in this spot. Unfortunately none of my books are offering moneyline wagers on this game yet.
Mines not either. The line might be too high for some to offer a money line. I’m checking back when I wake up in a few hrs. And +7.5 feels like a lock for us to cover.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Line stuck at 7 and a 128 o/u. Hasn't been "pounded down". Pea you need to put some more cash on the table :p

Like y'all I am thinking 7 is a pretty good bet. Not as sure about the o/u. While that is right at the average offensive score for both squads combined, it is still a lot lower than the combined defensive stats. I am hoping we show more offensive juice as we did against Pitt and VT. I don't think Miami is all that long and athletic like FSU so I have hope we go over. But our zone and their desire to play slow most likely means a low number of possessions. So likely stay away from that one and stick with taking the 7.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I have a hard time seeing Miami as 3-10 bad because they've been so good for Larranega's time there. Chris Lykes is a baller too.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting stats?
  • Larranaga will be 4 for 8 getting to the NCAAT at Miami after this season
  • Hewitt was 5 for 11 at GT

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Line stuck at 7 and a 128 o/u. Hasn't been "pounded down". Pea you need to put some more cash on the table :p

Like y'all I am thinking 7 is a pretty good bet. Not as sure about the o/u. While that is right at the average offensive score for both squads combined, it is still a lot lower than the combined defensive stats. I am hoping we show more offensive juice as we did against Pitt and VT. I don't think Miami is all that long and athletic like FSU so I have hope we go over. But our zone and their desire to play slow most likely means a low number of possessions. So likely stay away from that one and stick with taking the 7.

I’m a mush. I don’t bet anymore. And now you see why

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
They were very well prepared for our zone. Not sure how much 6 days had to do with it. I do figure anyone else on our schedule is going to emulate today's film though.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
wah wah wah.... We mostly beat ourselves, so teams don't really need any time to prep for us. I don't think there is any sort of conspiracy at work.
Its not a conspiracy at all. Its known that the ACC office screws us every chance they get. CPJ called them out on it in football and it was true. The ACC does us no favors when it comes to playing preseason games in Atlanta opposite our home games and it has removed Atlanta from the BB tourney rotation. Conference hates us.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
They were very well prepared for our zone. Not sure how much 6 days had to do with it. I do figure anyone else on our schedule is going to emulate today's film though.

Pretty much this.

I appreciate that not everyone knows what they're watching during a game. For them it's made shots and missed shots, and everything else is excuses.

However, they took apart our zone better than anyone all year. I think the idea that having all week to focus on that had no impact is crazy.

Anyone who responds, "wah wah wah" to that observation seems to me like someone who'd be happier saying, "woof woof woof"

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Its not a conspiracy at all. Its known that the ACC office screws us every chance they get. CPJ called them out on it in football and it was true. The ACC does us no favors when it comes to playing preseason games in Atlanta opposite our home games and it has removed Atlanta from the BB tourney rotation. Conference hates us.
Yeah, just because we are paranoid doesn't mean they ain't trying to get us.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty much this.

I appreciate that not everyone knows what they're watching during a game. For them it's made shots and missed shots, and everything else is excuses.

However, they took apart our zone better than anyone all year. I think the idea that having all week to focus on that had no impact is crazy.

Anyone who responds, "wah wah wah" to that observation seems to me like someone who'd be happier saying, "woof woof woof"
Never seen anyone force us to go man. They were destroying us in those corners. They were hitting some crazy 3s today too