GT (+6) vs. Miami

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We will need to control the time of possession and get an interception or two to have a good chance to win. Time to tighten up corner coverages or we will get burned on the short 5 to 10 yard passes all night. This year, like last year, we are not getting key interceptions like we did in 2014 which was why we won the VT, Clemson, and UGA games. Of course Watson's injury sure did change the Clemson game. We need some breaks to go our way again this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no idea about whether this line makes sense or not. Last week, I figured we'd lose by 14. This week ..... idk enough about our team or Miami.

For other games against the spread, I'd take Fluke, L'Ville, FSU and Tenn.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee at -4 seems like pretty easy money. As for our line, I have no idea how good GT or Miami are. I wouldn't touch it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami is good i think. And before richt they owned us....so the line makes sense. I think golden only lost once to paul???

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Miami wins by 7-10 points over GT at this point. I think Tennessee will crush a Georgia team without a defense and offensive line by 21 or more.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We need to find a crack in the armor, so to speak, vs the Miami D. We need to exploit it and force them to adjust. When they do, we adjust off of it and so on. Hence the chess match. Normally, a defense will have some weakness which makes this process doable. Unfortunately, Clem's had no weakness. They challenged us to pass but our guys couldn't get open in single coverage and even if they could, our qb had no time. Let's hope Miami is not so much like Clem.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We need to find a crack in the armor, so to speak, vs the Miami D. We need to exploit it and force them to adjust. When they do, we adjust off of it and so on. Hence the chess match. Normally, a defense will have some weakness which makes this process doable. Unfortunately, Clem's had no weakness. They challenged us to pass but our guys couldn't get open in single coverage and even if they could, our qb had no time. Let's hope Miami is not so much like Clem.
Miami will be a tough nut to crack. I think they go 9-3 and play Louisville in the ACCCG

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Miami will be a tough nut to crack. I think they go 9-3 and play Louisville in the ACCCG
Hopefully their interior DL aren't as good as Clem's and we can get some solid production (3 to 4 yds a pop) between the tackles, early. That really is the recipe for success in this O. If we can't establish the dive, or at least make their LB's hesitant, we're behind the 8 ball from the get go.

In addition, they have to have some semblance of respect for our passing game. We must be able to make them pay when they shoot corners and bring down safeties. That crap is really tough to run against.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully their interior DL aren't as good as Clem's and we can get some solid production (3 to 4 yds a pop) between the tackles, early. That really is the recipe for success in this O. If we can't establish the dive, or at least make their LB's hesitant, we're behind the 8 ball from the get go.

In addition, they have to have some semblance of respect for our passing game. We must be able to make them pay when they shoot corners and bring down safeties. That crap is really tough to run against.
I agree with you. GT needs to run that clock and keep the ball away from Brad Kaaya and the Miami offense

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Once again, I feel this game is more about us than our opponent. I want to see us start executing our offense, FIRST, before discussing whether we can or can't beat them, or what their talent level is. We would have had a real tough time with Climpsum anyway, but we just didn't execute. I would be shocked tonight at the radio show if CPJ comments that we executed well but Climpsum was just that much better. If we play like we did Thursday, it will be a tough ride this Saturday, no matter who the opponent is.

Clemmons IS the better team. Don't get me wrong. BUT, we didn't show who we are either.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Watched a quarter of Miami...Theo Look Different . .Richter seems to have them playing well but we can play with them if we start off good...they are physical and it's clear there are many teams left that can whip us....we need a win but canes are tuff

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think our team is wide eyed at the start of the game. Maybe too jacked up. I would just like us to come out and run some inside runs with Mills and maybe some toss plays (depending on how they line up), and work our way up to the option stuff. We seem to start slow in every game because we can't get settled down. Run some plays that are the easiest to execute and build some confidence. They are probably going to be geared up for the option anyway.

We need to take control of the game at the start, and not shoot ourselves in the foot coming out of the gate.

Urban Meyer was the master of this at Florida. He knew his guys were good, but he was usually very vanilla on his first possession, and then he turned up the heat.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think, if the offense can get it going, we can upset them. The defense, by all means, won't shut them down. The offense has to control the clock and the ball. If they cannot, our defense is in no way good enough to hold Miami to within 6 points. It would be more like 20 points. However; if the punt less than 3 times and score 20 or so points, I think we can give them a run for the money. We'll see. Right now, I have Miami beating us... really bad. 33-17. But, I seriously hope I am wrong. Depends if Roof comes out with his DB giving free breaks on their WRs, like he did to start the Clemson game. Which, by the way, is why they scored so easily in the first quarter. He did not run a bump and run to throw the timing off. He HAS to do that against Miami.