GT (-5) vs. VT

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The spread doesn't seem that bad to me. VT hasn't been any good this year either and we tend to play a little better at home.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The injuries have been a killer this year but there is still something intagible missing. That extra something, chemistry, comraderarie, that teams have, that make a difference in a one score loss or win. If we can find that this Thursday we may still make a bowl. But we are so beat up. Loss of Gotsis major reason for two losses IMO.
Navy looked great against Memphis but so did we against Tulane. I hope we click Thursday night. Our ability to pass last year made the O go IMO. We need to have a more balanced attack and not be afraid to throw on first or 2nd downs. Foster is going to crowd the box until we burn them.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
We were favored vs ND, Duke, UNC, Pitt, and UVA and went 0-5.

We are 1-1 in games we were the underjackets.

I'm thinking we go 0-6 vs teams with a pulse against which we're favored.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My guess is we will play focused and with high energy on offense. We will look like a totally different team than we did against Virginia. We still may not win, though. Without Gotsis and Hunt still suspended, we may give up points faster than we can get them. I also predict the next week we will stink it up again when we have to go on the road to Miami. This year's team must be at home to play their best.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
With Gotsis out, I look for VT to line-up, smack us in the mouth and attempt to run it down our throats !

And I can honestly say, I would do the same thing ... we'll see who steps-up (or doesn't) for GT.

This is why I am surprised. Losing Gotsis is, in my mind, HUGE. I would have thought we'd be a 5 point fave with Gotsis playing, but without him, VPI&SU will ram it down our throats and then let their QB get some easy passing practice against our "no rush" defense.

I don't think it will be a blow-out but I also think it is decided by midway through the 4th quarter with VPI&SU winning by at least two cores.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
The injuries have been a killer this year but there is still something intagible missing. That extra something, chemistry, comraderarie, that teams have, that make a difference in a one score loss or win. If we can find that this Thursday we may still make a bowl. But we are so beat up. Loss of Gotsis major reason for two losses IMO.
Navy looked great against Memphis but so did we against Tulane. I hope we click Thursday night. Our ability to pass last year made the O go IMO. We need to have a more balanced attack and not be afraid to throw on first or 2nd downs. Foster is going to crowd the box until we burn them.
IMO, that "something missing" is coaching!!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is why I am surprised. Losing Gotsis is, in my mind, HUGE. I would have thought we'd be a 5 point fave with Gotsis playing, but without him, VPI&SU will ram it down our throats and then let their QB get some easy passing practice against our "no rush" defense.

I don't think it will be a blow-out but I also think it is decided by midway through the 4th quarter with VPI&SU winning by at least two cores.

It's odd, but lines don't move much in Vegas because of a single player. I think they are 3 points or less most of the time...even in the NFL for someone like Brady

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It's odd, but lines don't move much in Vegas because of a single player. I think they are 3 points or less most of the time...even in the NFL for someone like Brady
The lines only move when more money is being placed on one side than the other. The odds makers don't really care what the chances are that any team will win. They only care that the money is evenly split between the two teams.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I think the 10 day break gives the players and coaches time to get aligned. Ee sure could have used a bye mid year
ice,
Off the break---THIS next period is could be one of the most telling in PJ era. Can he win ANY of the next games?.His team is down,His best blocking WR quits (and others want to).If he could win 2 of 3 ,he shows REAL coaching .We'll see.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yea I know.
1.For the ashes an ember of team glows
Or
2. Its a train.

I am going to be there and our little griup of crazy ild folks behind the bench will be loud.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
ice,
Off the break---THIS next period is could be one of the most telling in PJ era. Can he win ANY of the next games?.His team is down,His best blocking WR quits (and others want to).If he could win 2 of 3 ,he shows REAL coaching .We'll see.

If you quit and go away we will all understand and forgive you. :rolleyes:
I apologize, a little, for being smarmy but that part of your post seems like ill placed conjecture at best.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm Suprised they have us as the favorite. I guess they figure if they keep picking us they will eventually get it right.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
ice,

Seriously? I agree that if we win 2 of 3 he will have worked miracles. I think we will go 0-3 myself, and that will be sad, but it does not really change my view of CPJ. Not without understanding better what has happened to the team this year, which we as outsiders have NO idea about.