Other ACC games to note:
  • UNC (+3) vs. South Carolina - neutral field
  • Louisville (+11) vs. Auburn - neutral field
  • VT (+11) vs. Ohio State
  • UVA (+17) @ UCLA
  • Duke (-9) @ Tulane - playing Thursday night as well at 9:30pm ET

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Rats. Acc is underdog in 4 out of 5 and if we drop them all the storyline will be how bad the league is. Moreover, I am not at all certain that Tulane won't upset Duke (I am NOT sold on Duke, and think Tulane will be better than last year...not great, but better.)

We need to pick off one or two of these games...

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I know very little of Alcorn State, but that is a lot of points. Hopefully we can cover
USC is very young and has an inexperienced QB. If UNC can field any defense, they can win this one.
Not sure I'm buying the Auburn kool-aid. I despise Louisville's coaching staff, but they might be able to hang.
I think Bud's defense can keep it close against OSU, but can they score at all?
UVA is a dumpster fire. UCLA covers easily
Duke lost a lot from last year's team. Tulane should be better and it's a night game in N.O. Possible upset?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I would take UNC, Auburn, Ohio St, UVA, and Duke with the spreads above. A 17 point spread for the UCLA game seems pretty large with a true freshman QB starting. I wouldn't touch the 44 point spread at all. I hate trying to bet on spreads that large.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Not touching our game. Way to many points and I think CPJ pulls first string early. As for the others I'm taking UNCheat +3. L'ville +11. Tulane +9 and Ucla-17. As for the other Thursday games I like Utah -5. Western Ky +1. I may have a grambling problem and drink to much crown royal but you only live once.

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with RyanS. The coaches have a lot of people that they want to see on the field for the first time. I would like to see all of them succeed, but I am not sure I would bet on it. It is not the coaches' objective to run up the score.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Paul Johnson doesn't run up the score unless it's against someone he really doesn't like. I think we will win comfortably, but I'm not sure of covering this one.

The only other one that gets my attention is Louisville - Auburn. I don't know who returns, but I'd say that's a toss up.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Look, all I ask is that if Alcorn State finds themselves in a third and long situation right before halftime at around the 8 yard line we not let them go 92 yards on one play. Other than that, get some reps for the guys and stay healthy and get the hell out of there.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I know very little of Alcorn State, but that is a lot of points. Hopefully we can cover
USC is very young and has an inexperienced QB. If UNC can field any defense, they can win this one.
Not sure I'm buying the Auburn kool-aid. I despise Louisville's coaching staff, but they might be able to hang.
I think Bud's defense can keep it close against OSU, but can they score at all?
UVA is a dumpster fire. UCLA covers easily
Duke lost a lot from last year's team. Tulane should be better and it's a night game in N.O. Possible upset?

Aside from the Gardner-Webb fiasco in PJ's first season, we've done very well in these games. Don't be surprised if it's something like 50-7. Honestly though, I don't really care if we cover as long as we win. Something like 31-7 would make me happier if it helps resonate with the players to keep improving...then again, blowouts are kind of fun.

I agree on the AU-Louisville matchup. Auburn is being hyped pretty hard...don't be surprised if Louisville wins that game

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about yesterday, but in the previous scrimmage, our #1 O scored in 3 straight series against our #1 D.

How much worse on D than last year do some of yall think we'll be that makes you think Alcorn State will stop us significantly and stay on the field while on O.

It should be 35+ to 7- at half.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Aside from the Gardner-Webb fiasco in PJ's first season, we've done very well in these games. Don't be surprised if it's something like 50-7. Honestly though, I don't really care if we cover as long as we win. Something like 31-7 would make me happier if it helps resonate with the players to keep improving...then again, blowouts are kind of fun.

I agree on the AU-Louisville matchup. Auburn is being hyped pretty hard...don't be surprised if Louisville wins that game

BTW, I do realize that a few weeks ago I noted that Alcorn State won their conference last year. But now that we're a week away, I don't care...we're going to dismantle them

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know about yesterday, but in the previous scrimmage, our #1 O scored in 3 straight series against our #1 D.

How much worse on D than last year do some of yall think we'll be that makes you think Alcorn State will stop us significantly and stay on the field while on O.

It should be 35+ to 7- at half.
That's a lot of possessions for our offense in a half.

And if it goes 21 - 7 in the second half they cover.