GT (-3.5) at USF

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
-3.5 sounds about right. Sagarin has us at about a 6.5 higher rating than USF not counting week 1, so, with home field, lines up with Vegas.

The big question mark is that USF hasn't played much equivalent Power 5 conference opponents in the prior few years. Since 2016, they are 3-1 with wins over Cuse twice, Texas Tech in a bowl, and loss to FSU. Generally speaking, I'd say we're better than Cuse and TT and not as good as FSU. So, again, -3.5 feels right.

As with much of football, it all depends on which team shows up. If we play to our ability, we'll be tough to beat; same for them.

Actually we have beat South Carolina and Illinois(I know, so what?) As well

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m flying down Friday and going to the game Saturday. So hoping for a win! I do feel good about winning this game and think we will run the BBack dive down their throat all game.

But I’m nervous to see how the D holds up against a better offense.
Note here even with hair you scalp can get sunburned. I know this as a fact after yesterday.

GT03&05

Georgia Tech Fan
Actually we have beat South Carolina and Illinois(I know, so what?) As well

Oops, my bad. But, it still fits the question. Don't know if we are "good" (we'll find out this season). But we are different for sure!

Welcome! Want to share any wisdom on USF with the board?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
How do you know he is out? Is there an article out there or something that confirms this? Just curious.

Per Kelly Q on Twitter:
Paul Johnson Sunday teleconference quick quotes, says Kenny Cooper a no-go for USF this weekend, but will practice this week and more. #GaTech

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Vegas didn't think our game on Sat was as bad as the folks here do?

Maybe Vegas said, “Hey, TM had a 37% completion rate last year and he had a 50% completion rate on Saturday! He must be better! Let’s make Tech a 3.5 point favorite!”

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Oops, my bad. But, it still fits the question. Don't know if we are "good" (we'll find out this season). But we are different for sure!

Welcome! Want to share any wisdom on USF with the board?

Of course! What do you want to know? This team is very new to us with the biggest change from the previous QB Flowers(athletic freak) to the new QB Barnett(poised pocket passer)

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I'd take the over on that bet (if I were a betting man). Our offense is just really tough to stop for teams we don't play on a regular basis and USF's run defense is proving to be a concern for a lot of their fans. We'll score at minimum 28 points on offense just based on our history against opponents we don't usually play (average of something like 35+ pts/gm for the last 6 seasons from my cursory math). I'll also put trust in our defense to cause enough havoc that USF doesn't get settled into a groove offensively.

That being said, I am very concerned about the high potential of rain. Our record in the rain is not great. But it affects both teams.