GT (-3.5) at USF

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
surprised since we're on the road. I guess they didn't exactly impress in their season opener though. thought it would be pick em or like USF -1

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I think if we can rattle Barnett and our defense play like they did yesterday I think we'll win!Our kickers need to step it up this coming weekend,i hope it doesnt come by 3 points id rather see us up by 7-14 points on this team,we can win if us and the team believes!#Beatusf

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
So 3.5 pt fave on the road would be a 6.5 pt fave on a neutral field or about 9.5 pt fave at home. When you think about it like that it seems a touch high. Wouldn't be surprised to see this drop a little

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Vegas didn't think our game on Sat was as bad as the folks here do?

Maybe or it may be that Vegas oddsmakers have a hard time with GT games, historically. They nailed the Alcorn State game though...we were 42 point favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Maybe or it may be that Vegas oddsmakers have a hard time with GT games, historically. They nailed the Alcorn State game though...we were 42 point favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah I believe we were the last team to lose against the spread last year. beat it in the first 6 or so games

GT03&05

Georgia Tech Fan
-3.5 sounds about right. Sagarin has us at about a 6.5 higher rating than USF not counting week 1, so, with home field, lines up with Vegas.

The big question mark is that USF hasn't played much equivalent Power 5 conference opponents in the prior few years. Since 2016, they are 3-1 with wins over Cuse twice, Texas Tech in a bowl, and loss to FSU. Generally speaking, I'd say we're better than Cuse and TT and not as good as FSU. So, again, -3.5 feels right.

As with much of football, it all depends on which team shows up. If we play to our ability, we'll be tough to beat; same for them.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
How can we be favorites?!?!?! Our defense hasn’t improved, TaQuon has gotten worse, our ST’s stink, CPJ doesn’t know how to recruit and alienates the players and fan base, and our fan base is too old? (there, did I cover everything from the past 24 hours of postings?).

Seriously, I think this shows Vegas thinks more highly of our team than some of our fans do. I hope that spread turns out to be significantly too low.