GT (-10.5) vs. UVA

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
No they do not. But he has a lot of experience as the DC and Head coach while at BYU vs. the spread based option that Air Force runs. He had to prep for it pretty much every year from 2000-2010.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
After our win, I made the quick-ish trip to Charlottesville to see UVA begin the Mendenhall era. TWO dominant thoughts as the game played out:
1) UVA is a bad football team in every phase.
2) I wish we were playing UVA next.

We'll see if Mendenhall can salvage some bright spots as season goes on.
It's been over 2 months since I posted this after Week 1. At that point, I really thought UVA could fail to win a single game. They've managed to win 2; but been in position to win a few more. We should beat them; but VT just demonstrated (last weekend) that anything can happen in a college football game.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Win this one and I think we've 'met' expectations for this year, getting to 7 wins and .500 in ACC. Then we can go on to 'exceed' expectations by beating UGA or winning the bowl game. I'd take 8-5 and be quite happy with it after going 3-9 last year. 9-4 would just be icing on the cake.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Win this one and I think we've 'met' expectations for this year, getting to 7 wins and .500 in ACC. Then we can go on to 'exceed' expectations by beating UGA or winning the bowl game. I'd take 8-5 and be quite happy with it after going 3-9 last year. 9-4 would just be icing on the cake.

Yeah i pretty much agree. Expect was 7-5. Win the last two and because the 8-4 includes a uga win then it is better than what I expected

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Yeah i pretty much agree. Expect was 7-5. Win the last two and because the 8-4 includes a uga win then it is better than what I expected

For all the hemming and hawing during the season, before the season began, I predicted:
50% 7-5
20% 8-4
20% 6-6
5% 9-3
5% 5-7

If we can win one of the next two, I will be pleased. Beat UGA (even if we lose to UVA), and I will be very pleased. Win both of the next two, and I will be happy. (Lose the next two, and I will consider the season a slight disappointment.)

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
If Pitt plays nearly as well as it did against Clemson it will e a blowout. Duke is a good team. Pitt is an outstanding team this late in the season. I don't know who does the game planning at Pitt, but their offense took advantage of every tendency and weakness in a heretofore strong Clemson defense, and Conners is as good as anybody in the ACC.
They've scored 58 more points in conference than we have, in one less game... they've also given up 19 more points than we have in one less game.
Duke can beat them

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
They've scored 58 more points in conference than we have, in one less game... they've also given up 19 more points than we have in one less game.
Duke can beat them
Not sure how to interpret this and I am not a numbers guy, but in simpleton terms, if those numbers are correct, is Pitt not a +39 in comparison, scoring at 3 to 1? I agree Duke can win as they are no longer the patsy of the South, which is too bad because I love to root against them. But Pitt was really looking strong Saturday and beating Clemson has to have the juices flowing.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For all the hemming and hawing during the season, before the season began, I predicted:
50% 7-5
20% 8-4
20% 6-6
5% 9-3
5% 5-7

If we can win one of the next two, I will be pleased. Beat UGA (even if we lose to UVA), and I will be very pleased. Win both of the next two, and I will be happy. (Lose the next two, and I will consider the season a slight disappointment.)
You gave us zero chance to get to 10 or beyond? Interesting. Well, you were right on that, so I can't complain. Also, zero chance to win 4 or less? Interesting as well. Once again you were right. Personally, I want us to get to 7-4 this weekend. After that, I can focus on COFH.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how to interpret this and I am not a numbers guy, but in simpleton terms, if those numbers are correct, is Pitt not a +39 in comparison, scoring at 3 to 1? I agree Duke can win as they are no longer the patsy of the South, which is too bad because I love to root against them. But Pitt was really looking strong Saturday and beating Clemson has to have the juices flowing.
Pitt- 225 points for, 234 against=-9
Duke- 132 points for, 171 against=-39
Pitts offense has been 93 points better than Duke.
Duke's D is 63 points better than Pitt's.

The best unit is Pitt on offense, but Duke has been a lot better on D. Pitt coming off upsetting Clemson means let down possibility is high.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what to make of the VT win. And I don't know which GT team shows up on Saturday. I'm hoping it's the one that came out against VT with a huge chip on its shoulder....but I have some fear after an emotional win we may come out flat vs UVA.

I hope not. I hope we built confidence and recognition of the kind of intensity it takes to be a good team, and we can go out and give great effort again. We will see. I love our guys and I hope they come out HUNGRY.