GT (-10.5) vs. UVA

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what to make of the VT win. And I don't know which GT team shows up on Saturday. I'm hoping it's the one that came out against VT with a huge chip on its shoulder....but I have some fear after an emotional win we may come out flat vs UVA.

I hope not. I hope we built confidence and recognition of the kind of intensity it takes to be a good team, and we can go out and give great effort again. We will see. I love our guys and I hope they come out HUNGRY.
You know, with all the gnashing of teeth, me included, and with two straight absolutely embarrassing defensive performances, Tech still has a chance of a respectable 8-win season. True, nothing to build a lasting reputation on, but after a 3-9 and with so much inexperience on the O team, to come out 8-4 shows some mental toughness and determination. So, one game at a time -- and my concern is more looking ahead to Georgia than a letdown; sometimes those blood rivalries get in the way -- let's put Virginia down Saturday.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Getting those turnovers vs VT made a huge difference...on the outcome of the game and our perceptions of the performance of the D. We have been oh so close in several picks all year but failed to get the takeaway by a smidge.

It wasn't only turnovers, the D played pretty good overall. But those turnovers were huge and if we hadn't gotten them....maybe VT scores on those drives....maybe VT wins and we have a much different take on performance.

Just play hard....good things will happen.