GSU game thread

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
M
The memories of MBob, The Former Prez, TStan, TFP are growing dimmer by the day.

Boy did that leadership vacuum pit us against each other. 100-0 & all red East Stands was the bottom

Shazam , we have a coach who can hire good assistants and a Prez that loves being with the tudents at the games. We will have hurddles, but boy is it going to be fun.
this. Feels good that the school is making athletics one of their PRIORITIES.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
There are plenty of coaches that build something good and stay, even for less money. Once established you also get more forgiveness after a few down years. The first 3-4 years are when you’re most at risk of losing your job.

I live in Davidson, NC and Bob McKillop could’ve taken other coaching jobs but he stayed at Davidson because he enjoyed being here and living here. He definitely left millions on the table, but I don’t think he has any regrets.
Bobby Dodd coached most of his years at Tech without a contract. He said if they dont want me here, I don't want to be here. Brent Key is built similar to Dodd plus loves his alma mater. Fans who think he will run off for the highest pay check are crazy. Treat him and his family fairly and provide resources within their power to compete at the highest level, he will coach a very long time at his beloved school.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
And i cant say for sure as I was living on JOL during that time but I do suspect the ones saying Key will leave for the highest check are ones who pushed for the hiring of Neon Deion a few years ago over the hiring of our own Brent Key. I do know their was a huge contingent of posters obnoxiously pushing that agenda on JOL so much so that KQ had to sticky that thread to take it off the main board.

Last edited:

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually like Chad Bishop and think he's done a really good job since he took over beat duties, but like...that headline. C'mon bro.
I thought the same thing. You could go with something like, "Georgia Tech staying focused on next test" that was positive and used exactly the same article.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
And I suspect, but don't know for sure, that the ones who argue that Key will leave for the highest check are ones who pushed for the hiring of Neon Deion a few years ago over the hiring of our own Brent Key.
The hiring of Prime would have been a massively different tact. Colorado got an immediate influx of cash, the energy around their program has soared. He's a 2-3 year hire and I'm sure Colorado is already planning/negotiating his replacement. Colorado needed something to resuscitate their program, just like we did. They took the poison pill, we went conservative. Colorado will be able to hire a decent HC next year or the year after & they will be in a much better place to do so.

Batt seems to be getting the money in, but not nearly as fast yet as Colorado is raking it in. We got a big win, they have not. We seem to be well coached, they do not. We seem to be recruiting well, they are iffy. If we start packing Bobby Dodd, it will all fall into place and we will have equalled them there.

We still have a bit to go to clean up our mess, but on almost every measure our choice for us was better. Colorado probably picked the bet choice for them, a coach like Key move would have been horrendous for them. They needed what they're getting.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Gold with white letters would have been the move, or just turf with white letters/gold trim. Can’t really do white background because goaline and endline are white.
The white background does not have to extend up to the lines. I would like to see what a white background with deep gold lettering would look like.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
And i cant say for sure as I was living on JOL during that time but I do suspect the ones saying Key will leave for the highest check are ones who pushed for the hiring of Neon Deion a few years ago over the hiring of our own Brent Key. I do know their was a huge contingent of posters obnoxiously pushing that agenda on JOL so much so that KQ had to sticky that thread to take it off the main board.
Thank god J. Batt made what is now indisputably the best decision.

For a laugh, I went over to another GT board that is basically dead now, and there was a pre-season post about Key being on the hot seat and how Deion is still working miracles at CU. No wonder it's dead.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I'll kick it off. Blue is better as an accent color.....

sexy adriana lima GIF