Great read and I agree

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The stream video of the 3-10 when safety is back 15 yards and at snap breaks away from line of scrimage. I guess the fear of a long pass is the overriding reasoning.

Imo this type of passive defense is not fun to watch and would not be as fun to play.

Gxxh also did this too. What roof has done is tightn up when in the red zone. Gxxh had safety stand 5 yds deep in end zone run to back of the end zone. This caused me to yell at tv .

Hope we occasionally let the corners jump some routes or bring the safety up when with coaches detect a tendency.

This thread is a joke and so is the rumble seat article. Roof had ZERO talent when he got here. Recruiting has elevated since he got here. They are ranked in the top 35 in overall defense in the country. Offense is in 100's as far as rankings. Defense has not cost this team in any of losses. Offense can't say that.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@up state jacket you have some points. I would say the defense did not lose the Clemson or Miami Game. They did not win it either (although they kept the Clemson game from getting ugly, and gave GT a chance against Miami). I would say the defense could not stop Pitt, let Mercer and GSU score more points than they should, and they need more turnovers in general.

You have to keep in mind the abilities of the teams we played. Some have weak offense and some have weak defense or vice versus. We have played more strong defences and week offenses.

I think the O has improved and the D is performing about the same. I also think our D could be better if we took a few more chances, disguised our intent, and get the safeties in the game.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Everyone is making such a big deal about the JT slide. I get it was the wrong decision, but he just overthought the situation. Nothing more, nothing less. To me it seemed he just wanted to burn more clock. It was a poor decision, but wasn't any more of a poor decision than a bad playcall from CPJ or a missed read by JT.

@up state jacket you have some points. I would say the defense did not lose the Clemson or Miami Game. They did not win it either (although they kept the Clemson game from getting ugly, and gave GT a chance against Miami). I would say the defense could not stop Pitt, let Mercer and GSU score more points than they should, and they need more turnovers in general.

You have to keep in mind the abilities of the teams we played. Some have weak offense and some have weak defense or vice versus. We have played more strong defences and week offenses.

I think the O has improved and the D is performing about the same. I also think our D could be better if we took a few more chances, disguised our intent, and get the safeties in the game.
The defense is much better than it was last year and the three previous. When was the last time this late into the season techs defense was ranked 70 spots higher than the offense? 99% of the members on this board yelled and screamed if we could get a few stops a game we'd be unstoppable. We aren't are we. 9 years of wishful thinking down the drain.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am not willing to agree that the defense is better than the offense. The numbers that matter just don't support that argument. Points per game for offenses are so skewed to a hurry up and double hurt GT because GT runs a slower pace and the defense has given up the time of possession battle due to the many 3rd down conversions. I'll do a post to help everyone understand.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am not willing to agree that the defense is better than the offense. The numbers that matter just don't support that argument. Points per game for offenses are so skewed to a hurry up and double hurt GT because GT runs a slower pace and the defense has given up the time of possession battle due to the many 3rd down conversions. I'll do a post to help everyone understand.

By this time, anyone using stats per game ranking must be willfully ignorant or trolling imo.

By this time, anyone using stats per game ranking must be willfully ignorant or trolling imo.
not really, all the pro paulies use stats to prove how great his offense is. Why is wrong or trolling when the stats show the shortcomings of the offense? Points allowed and points scored are the most important stats and I believe the offense is having a hard time holding its end of the bargin. At the end of the last 8 years "our defense is ranked what ever it was, and our offense is top 5 in country only if the d could help a little." Well you are getting your wish, but the great offense is SUCKING. Yeah they are ranked outside of 100 in the nation. Remember there are only 124 ranked teams. By this time anyone that can't see this offense is not getting any better than 08 is either ignorant or not willing to see facts aka ostrich. IMO

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
not really, all the pro paulies use stats to prove how great his offense is. Why is wrong or trolling when the stats show the shortcomings of the offense? Points allowed and points scored are the most important stats and I believe the offense is having a hard time holding its end of the bargin. At the end of the last 8 years "our defense is ranked what ever it was, and our offense is top 5 in country only if the d could help a little." Well you are getting your wish, but the great offense is SUCKING. Yeah they are ranked outside of 100 in the nation. Remember there are only 124 ranked teams. By this time anyone that can't see this offense is not getting any better than 08 is either ignorant or not willing to see facts aka ostrich. IMO

I suggest you read the new thread from @Longestday. It explains AGAIN more slowly why the per game stats don't show what you think.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
The 2 biggest problems we've had over the past two years have been both lines and more recently the linebackers. I think there's enough blame to go around both sides of the ball.