Great Pat Swilling article. Challenging the fans

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
“We both had a smile on our face,” Swilling said “He was glad to see me and I was very glad to see him, just for what he’s going to bring to us – NFL-style offense, NFL-style defense. Just by saying that, with our academics, with what he’s going to bring, downtown Atlanta, Atlanta, Ga., job market, all that. Any kid that wouldn’t want to play at Georgia Tech would be crazy now. You can get it all.”

Exactly! Positivism rather than shoulder-shrugging. A welcome change.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Bruce would be the best running back in the Coastal.

I don’t even know that he’d be the best RB on the team...KirVonte is still around and was a 1K rusher in just his sophomore season, and very likely would be coming off a second straight 1K season if it weren’t for the injury. Plus, Bruce hasn’t played RB at all the past 2 seasons. I think he could be a very good RB, but that’s a position where we already have some good players who have proven to be good ball carriers and they shouldn’t have much problem transitioning to the new system. If he proves me wrong and is in fact the best RB on our roster, I’ll be ecstatic because that means he’s damn good.
Btw, I’m expecting his athleticism to be very well utilized on defense under the new regime, and think he’s probably more needed on D anyway.

Animal02

Banned
Being open to letting players play both sides of the ball could make a difference in some recruiting battles for us.

If it helps the team and helps land elite talent why not?
Because by the middle of the third quarter, said two way player will be gassed.
Also....ever hear the phrase...hack of all trades, master of none?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You can talk all day about 3O, entrance requirements, lack of majors, lack of money, etc., but our biggest problem is lack of fans. We have to get more people, including students, interested in GT sports.

You want better attendance? Play better opponents. No (new fan) one wants to watch Gardner Webb.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You want better attendance? Play better opponents. No (new fan) one wants to watch Gardner Webb.
Why
Drive 5 hrs each way, get hotel 2 days , zero gt going on night before , watch players walk up 2.5 hrs before game, a little band stuff, then sit in heat == TO watch non game. ??

Move them to Thanksgiving and move uga to heat and I am good

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn’t say start both ways but help out in certain packages on both sides.

You would have to be very selective
You couldn’t do that for extended stretchesagainst the likes of Clemson, Miami, Va Tech, Georgia

Reading that article just made me think maybe Swilling was in TStan’s ear about getting away from the option

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

And why do we play so many noon games? Is that something we can control? Nobody wants to sit in any football stands in September watching a blowout when it's 95 deg. outside. Why can't we play those early blowouts at 7pm? Plenty of other teams do.