1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Great Pat Swilling article. Challenging the fans

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Gold1, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

2. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Nice write up

3. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

Bruce would be the best running back in the Coastal.

Adadu, GTonTop88 and Jacket4Life like this.
  4. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Pat hit the nail on the head the way he used to hit QBs. With authority.

BuzzThePlumber likes this.
  5. RickStromFan

RickStromFan Helluva Engineer

Exactly! Positivism rather than shoulder-shrugging. A welcome change.

6. deeeznutz

deeeznutz Helluva Engineer

I don’t even know that he’d be the best RB on the team...KirVonte is still around and was a 1K rusher in just his sophomore season, and very likely would be coming off a second straight 1K season if it weren’t for the injury. Plus, Bruce hasn’t played RB at all the past 2 seasons. I think he could be a very good RB, but that’s a position where we already have some good players who have proven to be good ball carriers and they shouldn’t have much problem transitioning to the new system. If he proves me wrong and is in fact the best RB on our roster, I’ll be ecstatic because that means he’s damn good.
    Btw, I’m expecting his athleticism to be very well utilized on defense under the new regime, and think he’s probably more needed on D anyway.

gt69hjcollins and GT_05 like this.
  7. Backstreetbuzz

Backstreetbuzz Helluva Engineer

You can talk all day about 3O, entrance requirements, lack of majors, lack of money, etc., but our biggest problem is lack of fans. We have to get more people, including students, interested in GT sports.

8. TVan

TVan Jolly Good Fellow

Tight jeans?

9. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

Being open to letting players play both sides of the ball could make a difference in some recruiting battles for us.

If it helps the team and helps land elite talent why not?

GT14 and GT_05 like this.
  10. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Because by the middle of the third quarter, said two way player will be gassed.
    Also....ever hear the phrase...hack of all trades, master of none?

11. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

I wasn't when I played both ways ( But I was on the bench )

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  12. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

I wouldn’t say start both ways but help out in certain packages on both sides.

☠CaptainBuzz☠ likes this.
  13. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    When I played in H.S., I was 1st string center, 3rd string DT......we we're that deep.....we played teams (same sizes schools) that had 9+ kids playing both ways. 3rd and 4th quarters were always fun

14. Vespidae

Vespidae Helluva Engineer

You want better attendance? Play better opponents. No (new fan) one wants to watch Gardner Webb.

Vespidie likes this.
  15. 33jacket

33jacket Helluva Engineer

Not trying to be rude. But where the hell has HE been before his son came here? Its not like he has been some gt staple and involved in any fashion for 20 years. So spare me. Haul ***.

16. ranjar

ranjar Georgia Tech Fan

I would think Bruce will be more valuable on defense. We should have plenty of depth at running back.

17. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

I disagree. We have numbers but the quality isn't where it needs to be.

okiemon, Boaty1 and SteamWhistle like this.
  18. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Why
    Drive 5 hrs each way, get hotel 2 days , zero gt going on night before , watch players walk up 2.5 hrs before game, a little band stuff, then sit in heat == TO watch non game. ??

Move them to Thanksgiving and move uga to heat and I am good

19. swampsting

swampsting Helluva Engineer

You would have to be very selective
    You couldn’t do that for extended stretchesagainst the likes of Clemson, Miami, Va Tech, Georgia

Reading that article just made me think maybe Swilling was in TStan’s ear about getting away from the option

20. RickStromFan

RickStromFan Helluva Engineer

And why do we play so many noon games? Is that something we can control? Nobody wants to sit in any football stands in September watching a blowout when it's 95 deg. outside. Why can't we play those early blowouts at 7pm? Plenty of other teams do.

NtTomNtPhilGCollins likes this.