Great Pat Swilling article. Challenging the fans

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And why do we play so many noon games? Is that something we can control? Nobody wants to sit in any football stands in September watching a blowout when it's 95 deg. outside. Why can't we play those early blowouts at 7pm? Plenty of other teams do.
Because TV won't be interested, and we and the ACC want the TV money. TV calls the shots on starting times, not GT.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Because by the middle of the third quarter, said two way player will be gassed.
Also....ever hear the phrase...hack of all trades, master of none?
Ever hear the phrase "special situations"?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Ever hear the phrase "special situations"?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
It certainly worked out pretty well for Myles Jack at UCLA, which is probably a pretty good comparison with BJS. I'd be perfectly okay with BJS starting at MLB (or wherever they think he fits best) and having a package to use him on offense as well. Of course, if he's primarily on defense I would want to make sure he was fully versed in his responsibilities before I send him to practice with the offense.

It certainly worked out pretty well for Myles Jack at UCLA, which is probably a pretty good comparison with BJS. I'd be perfectly okay with BJS starting at MLB (or wherever they think he fits best) and having a package to use him on offense as well. Of course, if he's primarily on defense I would want to make sure he was fully versed in his responsibilities before I send him to practice with the offense.

I like Pat Swilling, had classes with him when he was at GT

I've never met you, but in the future, please do CFB a favor and never mention BJS in the same sentence as Myles Jack, comparing BJS to the player that Myles Jack was is very unfair

Very unfair to the greatness that Jack displayed when he was at UCLA

CFB thanks you

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Is there TStan money included to convert Grant Field into an air-conditioned, domed stadium? That would solve the noon/heat issues.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah the ACC network will help us get less noon games

Cpj being gone will help. We routinely put in requests to tv networks for the early games. Those who think tv controls everything they do, from the standpoint of making final decisions. Schools put in requests too. Under braine and rad we constantly put in evening games early in the season and 3:30 later. And were rewarded alot with that.

I'd like for the new administration to lobby the ACC HQ to move all our home games to night as part of a Marketing Strategy that will help both GT & the ACC

"Nighttime on the Flats" could help establish the ACC network and give the ACC a niche that could catch on with CFB fans

I know that every time GT plays at night the ESPN announcing crew always mentions what a great setting it is to have night CFB nestled among the skyscrapers in Downtown Atl and how picturesque it is

This could be our & the ACC's calling card to differentiate the ACC Network from the other Conferences

I think GT should pursue this and try to work with the ACC HQ rather than complaining about everything they do

It'd be great for our Recruiting to have 5-6 home night games each season

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'd like for the new administration to lobby the ACC HQ to move all our home games to night as part of a Marketing Strategy that will help both GT & the ACC

"Nighttime on the Flats" could help establish the ACC network and give the ACC a niche that could catch on with CFB fans

I know that every time GT plays at night the ESPN announcing crew always mentions what a great setting it is to have night CFB nestled among the skyscrapers in Downtown Atl and how picturesque it is

This could be our & the ACC's calling card to differentiate the ACC Network from the other Conferences

I think GT should pursue this and try to work with the ACC HQ rather than complaining about everything they do

It'd be great for our Recruiting to have 5-6 home night games each season
I only joke about sniffing glue

I only joke about sniffing glue

There's a new regime in town that isn't scared to go after elite recruits, therefore we shouldn't be scared to lobby the ACC-HQ for better start times for our home games and show them how it would benefit both entities

Better than sitting around butthurt & whining about Swofford not treating us right, and noon start times

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You can talk all day about 3O, entrance requirements, lack of majors, lack of money, etc., but our biggest problem is lack of fans. We have to get more people, including students, interested in GT sports.
Ah, there is this thing about the cart and the horse.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
And why do we play so many noon games? Is that something we can control? Nobody wants to sit in any football stands in September watching a blowout when it's 95 deg. outside. Why can't we play those early blowouts at 7pm? Plenty of other teams do.
play better, play later. Later = ESPN audience