Good TV Shows?

slugboy

Staff member
I'm watching Peacemaker and think it is the best show currently on TV/Streaming.

Other things I'v watched recently or am watching...

Ted Lasso
Book of Boba Fett
Season 5 Ozark
Liked Timothy Oliphant as the Sheriff in Boba Fett.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Reacher is pretty good. I just finished it.
Minor Nits.
  • I hate how every writer thinks it is so important to try and educate how evil rural southerns are, So much of the rural white guy is bad and hates black people.
  • They served Peach Pie but it was actually apple pie twice and peach only the last time
  • The scene with the dog in the car. they removed the drivers seat head rest to get a better shot of the dog. But it was there in other scenes
  • Plus there were a bunch of other complete lack of detail effort by the directory. Very very sloppy work

But I am OCD sometimes an I can compartmentalize it
Doing that it was pretty good.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
just don't start mindlessly humming..

noise tv static GIF

Just finished it. Good show. Curious to see how season 2 plays out. Surely it'll have to have a season 2.

Also started Reacher based on all the recommendations. Good so far.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
A fun, lighthearted comedy is Murderville on Netflix,,,
Will Arnett is a big shot detective that takes a celebrity (as a rookie detective) on as a partner. They go on a murder case with him. Only thing is, there’s no script, and the celebrity is winging it throughout the show! There are 3 suspects, and based on clues presented, the celebrity has to pick out the killer!
Less than 30 minutes,,it’s fun to see the celebrity try to keep a straight face!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just finished it. Good show. Curious to see how season 2 plays out. Surely it'll have to have a season 2.

Also started Reacher based on all the recommendations. Good so far.
Yeah I hope they follow up with a strong second season..

I read all the Reacher books, strongly disliked Tom Cruise as him in the movie - complete miscast for a guy who is supposed to be six and a half feet and go for about 270 or so.

Excited for the series, will start this weekend.

My wife and I just finished Only murders in the building.. it was a pretty engaging light show, definitely enjoyable and a 180 from Archive.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Really Enjoyed Reacher. Also just finished Nine Perfect Strangers and whooo boy was it a trip.

Worth it and wild and really good.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Severance and Moon knight are both on my list.

Am watching Lisey’s story on AppleTv and it’s wild and really good.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yeah I hope they follow up with a strong second season..

I read all the Reacher books, strongly disliked Tom Cruise as him in the movie - complete miscast for a guy who is supposed to be six and a half feet and go for about 270 or so.

Excited for the series, will start this weekend.

My wife and I just finished Only murders in the building.. it was a pretty engaging light show, definitely enjoyable and a 180 from Archive.

We just finished watching it. Enjoyed it but Selena Gomez kinda' put me to sleep with her delivery.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Still in on Moon Knight but last episode threw me.

Better call Saul is back, still weird as ever. The Michael storyline is better. Saul's stuff takes soooo long to develop. I know, I should be more high brow. Sue me.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Better call Saul is back, still weird as ever. The Michael storyline is better. Saul's stuff takes soooo long to develop. I know, I should be more high brow. Sue me.
I’m a big fan of Better Call Saul but the new season has not been quite as tight to me. I’m hoping it’s that kind of “water treading” that almost every tv series goes through when it is getting ready to go in a new direction. I’ll keep watching.

slugboy

Staff member

I’m enjoying Moon Knight. I’m now a Khonshu stan. I liked Hawkeye and really liked Loki.

I’m sad that Netflix hammered their animation division. They had some Roald Dahl and other items in the hopper. It has been some of their best and worst content.
Overall Netflix has worked very hard on delivering the minimum possible to keep viewers engaged, and people are finding greener grass next door.