Good TV Shows?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok, on your rec, next up
Watch some trailers first to make sure you're in to that type of show, but it's flat out excellent. They have numerous character threads and somehow develop them all reasonably well, which you almost never see.

Monster Rotten Tomatoes scores.

Way above average IMDB score

They announced Season 4 renewal about a week after Season 3 dropped.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don’t know whether to thank you or curse you. It is one f’ed up show

Haha, you can slug me then buy me a beer. How far have you gotten in it?

I just finished it and man oh man ...
Great, this one is up next for me once I finish the latest Sex Education shows.

I had high, high expectations and Squid Game exceeded them.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Haha, you can slug me then buy me a beer. How far have you gotten in it?

I just finished it and man oh man ...

I had high, high expectations and Squid Game exceeded them.
Two episodes. I have to wait until everyone is in bed to start. My son told me before I started watching that my wife would never make it through red light green light and he is probably right

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is amazing to me how different people's tastes are. This thread exemplifies it. Squid Game hold zero interest for me (and it looks like a redux of topics previously treated in years past).

I find myself more attracted to lesser known series. Clickbait was one. Midnight Mass is another. I thought Lupus was greta in Season 1 then lost interest in Season 2 when it became mundane. I think I may be the weird one, judging from the popularity of the titles you guys are mentioning.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It is amazing to me how different people's tastes are. This thread exemplifies it. Squid Game hold zero interest for me (and it looks like a redux of topics previously treated in years past).

I find myself more attracted to lesser known series. Clickbait was one. Midnight Mass is another. I thought Lupus was greta in Season 1 then lost interest in Season 2 when it became mundane. I think I may be the weird one, judging from the popularity of the titles you guys are mentioning.
My problem is that certain shows set the bar really high for me and of the hundreds of choices to choose from most are just ok. I don’t want to watch a show just to have something to watch. I want it to knock my socks off. I’ve been ruined by quality production and high standards. 😊

But certainly there is a wide range of taste. I don’t care about the genre as long as it’s good. Hence I can enjoy equally Breaking Bad and The Crown. I’m always looking for the next Mad Men or the first season of True Detective. Or the first season of Fargo. I hate that shows like Better Call Saul, Get Shorty and Mind Hunter run into production problems for different reasons.

But I hate even more investing time in a series only to find it’s turned to trash. Or having something highly recommended that ends up being very average. If we started a list of mediocre to bad series on here that list would be ten times as long.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
My problem is that certain shows set the bar really high for me and of the hundreds of choices to choose from most are just ok. I don’t want to watch a show just to have something to watch. I want it to knock my socks off. I’ve been ruined by quality production and high standards. 😊

But certainly there is a wide range of taste. I don’t care about the genre as long as it’s good. Hence I can enjoy equally Breaking Bad and The Crown. I’m always looking for the next Mad Men or the first season of True Detective. Or the first season of Fargo. I hate that shows like Better Call Saul, Get Shorty and Mind Hunter run into production problems for different reasons.

But I hate even more investing time in a series only to find it’s turned to trash. Or having something highly recommended that ends up being very average. If we started a list of mediocre to bad series on here that list would be ten times as long.
Then you probably dont want to watch Llamageddon. Probably just a very average show.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What do others think of “You?”

The first 3 episodes of season 1 are well produced with appropriately complex characters and an intriguing story line. But I have watched a lot of series that start off promising but then get predictable and mundane.