Golf team starting strong

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
What is going on with the golf team this week? Last week they tied for the lead with #1 Vandy at a prestigious tournament. This week we are playing out in Vegas and are near the bottom of the field. Some really strange scores coming from top players. Is the Las Vegas course just not suited for our long ball hitters? I can't imagine the guys are tired from being on the road for 2 weeks.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently something lit a fire under their ***. Low score of the day at -16. If they could have just done half as good the first two days they would be in contention for the title.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Golf team playing right now and has edged ahead of No1 Vanderbilt. Unfortunately were chasing the Dwags who are in first but not too far ahead if we play lights out over the last holes

We have pulled ahead of the Dwags at the moment and stand in second behind Alabama. Both teams are 6 under on the day with a few holes left.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Did we win it today? -15
Losing by 1 stroke with about 5 holes left. Need to get Tai going. I think we dropped his score all three rounds this weekend. Conditions must be tougher today. We are one of only three teams with a score below par today.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Losing by 1 stroke with about 5 holes left. Need to get Tai going. I think we dropped his score all three rounds this weekend. Conditions must be tougher today. We are one of only three teams with a score below par today.
I guess I wasn’t reading the website right. Dang phone!!!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like we have to settle for 2nd place. One hole left and down 4 to #13 Oklahoma. On the plus side we beat #8 Stanford in their backyard by 10 strokes.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple single matches before ACC Championships yesterday.

We tied Charlotte 3-3 and beat Ohio State 5-3.

Team is ranked #12 in the country, which puts us at 3rd in the ACC behind #2 UNC and #6 FSU

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A couple single matches before ACC Championships yesterday.

We tied Charlotte 3-3 and beat Ohio State 5-3.

Team is ranked #12 in the country, which puts us at 3rd in the ACC behind #2 UNC and #6 FSU
UNC should be favored. CCNC is only an hour south of Chapel Hill and gets a lot of play. I am sure they have been there for lots of practice rounds. I am going to try to get down there for at least one day of play.