Gold Koolaid

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yes, it seems we hit our S&C nadir in 2018 and 2019, but looked stronger last year and will be looking for further improvement this season. Add to that the bigger bodies we're bringing in on the lines for Caralla to mold and the future is brighter still. Can't wait for toe to meet leather.
Gotta love our board. You don’t find nadir anywhere else! Let’s hope we’re on a steady climb for a good long while.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
2022 so far...BC 21 Uva 57 Tech 38
2021 BC 26 UVA 24 Tech 49

My point is that we historically cannot out recruit the teams listed with the exception of Duke. UVA is Virginia's UGA.
And recruiting is not going to get it any way, as I pointed out.
So, your ranking is for quantity not quality.

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
No what I am pointing out is the state of recruiting, early signing, and the transfer portal has caused a lot of issues and the Temple coach is not the first one I heard saying that many programs will move this direction. He said he had to double his recruiting staff due to the portal. Not all teams are Alabama and have 100 coaches.
And Temple is closer to us than you think.....as I remember they beat us last time we played.

"...I heard saying..." / "...many programs..." again this is backed up by what other than what you claim to have heard and how again does this relate to GT? And which programs have you heard this about other than Temple? A bunch of G-5 and FCS programs? Please show me where there is any shred of evidence that Collins is going to start taking only 12-15 guys per class and then rely on the transfer portal to fill that out. That is again purely conjecture by you.

And yes Temple beat us so I guess they are a better program than us...please tell me how we are also a worse program than the Citadel, or Syracuse, or Air Force for that matter because they beat us the last time we played. I guess we are a better program than Florida St, Southern Cal, but only 3 points better of a program than Gardner-Webb I guess? Thank god we beat Kansas the last time we played them or else we would have been a worse program than them. Is that how your ranking system works?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Opening line has us -14.5 it’s now up to 17.5 vs NIU. They went 0-11 last year but bring in a decent qb transfer from Michigan St. Decent, not great. He does have reps in big games but I see no reason why we can’t win by at least 3 td’s.
Edit: we’re -18 as of now.
I can get in at 17.5 now. You think it’ll go back down, or should I go ahead and get in?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
As Silk said, it’ll probably go up. I’d assume it’ll be closer to 20 by game day.
Thanks guys. Is that because more people will continue to put money on Tech until the game starts? If so, is that how it normally works for the favorites (barring pre-game injuries, suspensions, etc.?) Sorry don’t wanna derail the thread, but I’m just curious in this kinda stuff.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Thanks guys. Is that because more people will continue to put money on Tech until the game starts? If so, is that how it normally works for the favorites (barring pre-game injuries, suspensions, etc.?) Sorry don’t wanna derail the thread, but I’m just curious in this kinda stuff.
All good man. I’m a degenerate gambler and I’m here to share my wealth of knowledge on how to lose money on your favorite team. Lol.

slugboy

Staff member
Gotta love our board. You don’t find nadir anywhere else! Let’s hope we’re on a steady climb for a good long while.
It’s rough when you hit the depths of the rock-bottom of the low-water-mark of the nadir.

Reasons for optimism:
  • We are cross-training linemen in an attempt to get the best 5 on the field. At some positions, we have to choose between two really good choices.
  • WR corps has potential this year
  • Our third QB is a grad student, and effectively an extra QB coach. The QB room should be getting more coaching and hopefully a better understanding of the offense than previous years
  • Moving Tre Swilling to NB indicates we have a deep secondary
  • DEs look good this year
  • We have a real off-season of practice

Looking forward to purchasing beer at every home game! It was a successful experiment last year
We should have whiskey (whisky) at games, since it’s in the fight song 🎶
Beer is a reason for optimism

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Not necessarily. It can go up or down, but in this case some believe (I among them) that it will continue to go up. Opening line at -14.5 was a steal.