Gold Koolaid

Should be but it isn't. Even given our academics, and other hurdles, we should be able to get far better players than any of those teams. I am mystified why UVA has been a thorn in our side going back decades. Now it is obvious that Bronco has done a good job with that program but still. Getting rid of Coach Beamer has helped us with Virginia Tech but it remains to be seen if we can capitalize on their ongoing circus. Duke and Coach Cut are just about to hit rock bottom, should be no worries there for a while. BC, when we play them, and Pitt should be easy wins every year. We can handily out recruit both of them or should be able to do so. Having difficulty with UNC and Miami is understandable given the recruiting prowess of both teams but we have had success against both of them. Some people believe UNC and Miami are about to dominate the Coastal but I am not so sure as both of them have long histories of underwhelming performance given the talent they have gotten over the years. I wonder if there is any way we can trade Clemson and Miami for, say Syracuse and BC?
Well, not sure we can out recruit VT, BC, UVA. They have higher classes every year than us. But even then, it still comes down to coaching and other than VT, I would put Duke, BC, UVA, and Pitt above us in coaching. That is probably why as it stands today we are only favored to win against Duke out of these games. I think what folks have said, our first two games will tell us a lot. If we don't show clear separation then it could be a very long year.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, not sure we can out recruit VT, BC, UVA. They have higher classes every year than us. But even then, it still comes down to coaching and other than VT, I would put Duke, BC, UVA, and Pitt above us in coaching. That is probably why as it stands today we are only favored to win against Duke out of these games. I think what folks have said, our first two games will tell us a lot. If we don't show clear separation then it could be a very long year.
What planet are you on saying that BC and UVA have higher ranked recruiting classes than GT every year?

What planet are you on saying that BC and UVA have higher ranked recruiting classes than GT every year?
2022 so far...BC 21 Uva 57 Tech 38
2021 BC 26 UVA 24 Tech 49

My point is that we historically cannot out recruit the teams listed with the exception of Duke. UVA is Virginia's UGA.
And recruiting is not going to get it any way, as I pointed out.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

My point is that we historically cannot out recruit the teams listed with the exception of Duke. UVA is Virginia's UGA.
Even in the evidence you provide GT is finishing ahead of UVA in 2022 so far. And while BC is ahead of GT currently a big reason is that they have 21 commits compared to GT's 12. And in their 21 commits they have two 4-stars compared to GT's 4.

And why'd you leave out the 2020 class? Is it because GT finished ahead of both of those schools and completely negates the point you're trying to make? Yeah, thought so.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Even in the evidence you provide GT is finishing ahead of UVA in 2022 so far. And while BC is ahead of GT currently a big reason is that they have 21 commits compared to GT's 12. And in their 21 commits they have two 4-stars compared to GT's 4.

And why'd you leave out the 2020 class? Is it because GT finished ahead of both of those schools and completely negates the point you're trying to make? Yeah, thought so.

Don’t waste your time. He isn’t going to put in the effort to understand how drastically recruiting has changed for us.

Don’t waste your time. He isn’t going to put in the effort to understand how drastically recruiting has changed for us.
Ok, so then I expect us to run the table on BC, UVA, VT, Pitt, and Duke...this year. Why not since we have all these better players. Any thing less, well then we need questions answered.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

That is most definitely not where our 2022 class is going to end up. We will have a top 25 class.

That is most definitely not where our 2022 class is going to end up. We will have a top 25 class.
Or we may only add a couple more recruits and stop. I was listening to XM College sports and they had the Temple coach on. He said, as far as recruiting we from now on are going to only fill a little over half our class. We will take no experiments and probably very few 2 stars if any. We look for those players to play FCS and develop skills then get into the portal. He plans on using the portal to fill out the rest of his team. Would not surprise me to see Collins do the same. Of course this means that coaching at D-1 for some schools is about getting ready made players and not developing players. If this had been done say the last 6 years, Tech would have never had
Jalen Camp
Ricky Jeune
Adam Gotsis
Clynton Lynch etc.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
In our case filling out the last 1/3 or so of our class with transfers makes lots of sense to me, maybe we end up with the kid from Columbus that committed to SC and a few others like that, who knows. Looks to me like the programs that get hurt by the transfer rules would be 'bama, clemson etc., sure would seem to equal out CFB imo which ain't all bad.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In our case filling out the last 1/3 or so of our class with transfers makes lots of sense to me, maybe we end up with the kid from Columbus that committed to SC and a few others like that, who knows. Looks to me like the programs that get hurt by the transfer rules would be 'bama, clemson etc., sure would seem to equal out CFB imo which ain't all bad.
It seems it will. I certainly hope so.

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
Or we may only add a couple more recruits and stop. I was listening to XM College sports and they had the Temple coach on. He said, as far as recruiting we from now on are going to only fill a little over half our class. We will take no experiments and probably very few 2 stars if any. We look for those players to play FCS and develop skills then get into the portal. He plans on using the portal to fill out the rest of his team. Would not surprise me to see Collins do the same. Of course this means that coaching at D-1 for some schools is about getting ready made players and not developing players. If this had been done say the last 6 years, Tech would have never had
Jalen Camp
Ricky Jeune
Adam Gotsis
Clynton Lynch etc.

LOL you expect us to do what the current Temple coach (whoever that is) does because....you heard it on the radio that Temple will be doing that?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I do not agree but that's all right. There is no harm in a diversity of opinions. I am sticking with my prediction of 4 wins this year. Whether I am right or you are right comes down to these games: Pitt, BC, Virginia Tech, UVA, and Duke. Win 4 of those and a 7 win season is likely. Lose 4 of those and its a calamity of a possible 3 win season. My reasoning is that we will win two of those, Duke and one more. The game that will set the tone, so to speak is Pitt in early October. Assuming we steamroll Northern Illinois and Kennesaw and then lose to Clemson and UNC that will have us at 2-2 facing the Panthers at home. Win that one and good things may be in the offing. Lose it and well, it could get bad. OTOH the next game after Pitt is Duke and it would be possible to salvage the season by winning that one and be at 3-3 but then it gets tougher.
Good thoughts --but look at Pitt schedule, no help to us

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
BC has the BEST OL in conf (3 guys all-conf pre-season)--guess where we are weakest? hmmm
BC regularly puts O lineman into the NFL. That is generally their strength. This year seems no different. They have a good QB as well. They will be a tough game.

LOL you expect us to do what the current Temple coach (whoever that is) does because....you heard it on the radio that Temple will be doing that?
No what I am pointing out is the state of recruiting, early signing, and the transfer portal has caused a lot of issues and the Temple coach is not the first one I heard saying that many programs will move this direction. He said he had to double his recruiting staff due to the portal. Not all teams are Alabama and have 100 coaches.
And Temple is closer to us than you think.....as I remember they beat us last time we played.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
And, we're back to our regularly scheduled programming: Gold Koolaid!

I'm ready to see how the difference an entire offseason with Coach Lew makes. 2019, we had a lot of changes going on and were probably not a full speed during the summer. 2020, everyone was severely hampered with COVID.
Yes, it seems we hit our S&C nadir in 2018 and 2019, but looked stronger last year and will be looking for further improvement this season. Add to that the bigger bodies we're bringing in on the lines for Caralla to mold and the future is brighter still. Can't wait for toe to meet leather.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow ain’t this thread a ray of sunshine. The way you all are talking makes me feel like this is the Jonestown Kool aid.

Listen, we all know we have a top 5 SOS season coming up. We know we should and need to win in weeks 1 and 2. We know that we will need to fight and see improvement this season.

But this thread is about getting Hype for another season on the flats! Let’s have some spirit!!!! Let’s get excited to see what is happening in the Heart of Atlanta!!!!! This is the oldest field in College football and we get to see another season. Let’s go!