Gold Club Seats

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
They$ are$ providing$ lot$$ of financial$ $upport$ to$ the$ GTAA$.

As a parent of a 4th year, I love getting the semi-annual letter from the Institute asking me to give money to the Parent's Fund.

As if I do not already send enough money to the Bursar's Office already!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
They could very well be doing so but those few thousand seats are not producing that much $$$. Please provide information on how much each gold seat cost each season per person.

Having had these for years the middle two sections cost 1000 a seat including the ticket. The side two cost about 800.

The avg bds seat costs 330 with psl. Essentially the middle sections are 3x the revenue.

Just don't know how we are going to ever be able to do this. The classes of students coming out of GT now have a very limited number of students attracted to American football. I know we are trying the "Football 101" class, but I just can't see this creating a multi-thousand fan base going forward. And, we have always had a very difficult time creating fans from outside of the Institute. (except before the 1970's, there was more of a southeastern following)
Yes, Slurpee Rafsahnjani is not big on the BleacherReport.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It just occurred to me that the people who complain about what the club seats look like on TV are watching the games on TV. I do not notice if people are sitting in those seats when I am in the stadium watching the game. Way too much going on to bother doing that.

I started to say more, but it wasn't very nice so I deleted it.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Having had these for years the middle two sections cost 1000 a seat including the ticket. The side two cost about 800.

The avg bds seat costs 330 with psl. Essentially the middle sections are 3x the revenue.

That doesn't include the A-T donation, correct? I would assume they are a good bit more with the required donation.

It just occurred to me that the people who complain about what the club seats look like on TV are watching the games on TV. I do not notice if people are sitting in those seats when I am in the stadium watching the game. Way too much going on to bother doing that.

LOL typical GT fan! Just scraping the problem under the rug and not addressing it. Other people agree there should be something done.

Animal02

Banned

Lots of people don't live in Atlanta or anywhere close. So TV is the only way to cheer on the Jackets. Lots of people unconnected with Tech will tune into the game....see empty seats and get the impression that Tech does not have a fan base. I think it was a mistake to put those seats on the visitors side.....they should have been in the west stands. There should be a cheering mob behind the visitors bench....not empty seats regardless of how much people paid for them.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Whoa, the donation requirement for Sections 105 and 107 are $450 and it is $525 for 106. Given the Center Club seats are $675 and the Outer Club seats are $525 how much incremental revenue could possibly be raised via the club seating.

My recommendations:

• Reseat the stadium as was supposed to happen when DRad implemented the Tech fund. Financially it worked for me as I now sit on the 45, lower west, on the aisle and ironically give less than I did under the old points system (there is no incentive to speak of).
  • Reestablish the points system for reseating the stadium.
  • Reseat the stadium every 5th season.
  • Convert the Lower East to the student section to add atmosphere and appearance for Television
  • If the student section doesn't take up all of the Lower East sidelines then let our alumni purchase the lower Northeast sections
  • Put our band where the opponents band is presently (for goodness sake, the opponents band sounds like the home team as they are presently aimed at the microphones)
  • Give the opponents fans the Northwest section of the upper deck and the south end zone
  • Terminate the arrangement with UGA where we give each other the same number of tickets, do it on a percentage of the stadium basis, if they don't like it, play hardball and tell them we are canceling the series if they do not agree to it
  • Institute ticket pricing that varies by section to make it more affordable for the Young Alums (How about $15 tickets in the Upper North ala Arthur Blank when he bought the Falcons). P
Not that I have spent any time thinking about this over the years......

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
LOL typical GT fan! Just scraping the problem under the rug and not addressing it. Other people agree there should be something done.
Ok you have proven to be a crank or troll in just a few posts here. . . . "LOL typical GT fan!" . . . I love it when a font makes that clear fast so I can ignore and move on.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I disagree that there is a problem. Would you please define the problem for me?

I disagree with your original post that students should be moved into premium seats. I believe that those seats should maximum revenue. You did not provide a reason why you would like to move the students there.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lots of people don't live in Atlanta or anywhere close. So TV is the only way to cheer on the Jackets. Lots of people unconnected with Tech will tune into the game....see empty seats and get the impression that Tech does not have a fan base. I think it was a mistake to put those seats on the visitors side.....they should have been in the west stands. There should be a cheering mob behind the visitors bench....not empty seats regardless of how much people paid for them.
I would love to see cheering fans in every seat. As would any fan of any team. I fail to see how putting students there would accomplish that purpose. With the exception of the band and the spirit club, the other student sections are no more full than the club seats.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Those seats are ther because that side of the stadium allows you to have a VIP area. There is nowhere in the west stands to do it.

The people that give the most, get the best seats. Not a hard thing to figure out. Students don't pay **** and that's why they're on the end.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe the ones that pay the most should DEFINITELY get the seats they desire, and the perks they deserve, but I don't think it is unreasonable to ask them to be in their seats (if they are at the game) 15 minutes before kick-off through kick-off. But with that said, I have been to many games (usually nooners) where the student section also is way too empty. The west side usually is best about filling up to a decent level before kick-off, but even that area is too sparse at times.....

I guess this is how TECH will always be. But, I do know that on TV, it looks crappy, and recruits do watch it on TV, and when they are visiting, they can see it live and in person.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Students don't pay **** and that's why they're on the end.
Students pay $100 in Athletic fees every semester, so let's not pretend the students aren't paying anything.

The simplest solution to the student problem is to release all student tickets that haven't been redeemed by kickoff. Reserved or no. Have a standby line and let every student in that line based on available seats. As it stands now, there is no way for a student to walk up on gameday and attend a football game when there are seats available.

Even though I've been piggybacking in a block for the past couple of years, I'd say get rid of block seating, too. When your seat is reserved, you have no incentive to show up early.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When I graduated the season tickets weren't free anymore either for block seating at least. Still wasn't really expensive but $42 on top of the athletic fee was more than $0 on top of the athletic fee.

Animal02

Banned
Those seats are ther because that side of the stadium allows you to have a VIP area. There is nowhere in the west stands to do it.

The people that give the most, get the best seats. Not a hard thing to figure out. Students don't pay **** and that's why they're on the end.

The VIP area used to be seats.......they could have easily created a VIP area in the concourse under the west stands upper deck. The lower east side is hardly the "best seats" You get the sun in your face all afternoon.
The reason they but it in the east side was they did not want to upset the season ticket holders already in the west stands. It was easier to relocate students, band etc.......the result of taking the easy wway out is that it looks horrible on TV.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Let the Gold seat ticket holders bring 1 extra per seat . Then their friends can sit in the seats while they watch TV in the AC ... Or move the club level into the South end zone , they can still walk around to the bar . Those seats need to be sold to people who actually want to watch the game .