Gold Club Seats

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
They should open that section to students. They say the game is sold out but the gold seats look bad on TV when most of them are empty.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I agree that something needs to be done to have those butts in their seats for TV, but I don't see anything changing, because those seats are purchased by alumni who spend lots and lots of $$, and no way anyone will take a chance of offending even one of them. Just one time though, I would love to see those seats at 99% capacity when the game starts......just once.....(maybe they are for UGAG, but nothing else that I have noticed)

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Just one time though, I would love to see those seats at 99% capacity when the game starts......just once.....(maybe they are for UGAG, but nothing else that I have noticed)

Cut off the AC in the Club Level. ;)

I hate seeing those seats empty but you got it correct: The Alumni that pay the big bucks would never stand for students invading the privilege that comes with buying those seats.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I would have the coaches and team ask for more support from those alumni! I wish I knew a way to re-energize a younger generation of fans.

Just don't know how we are going to ever be able to do this. The classes of students coming out of GT now have a very limited number of students attracted to American football. I know we are trying the "Football 101" class, but I just can't see this creating a multi-thousand fan base going forward. And, we have always had a very difficult time creating fans from outside of the Institute. (except before the 1970's, there was more of a southeastern following)

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
With that new "Buzz Memories" Program regular season ticketholders and such look like you can upgrade to club level seats around the 50 yard line. You can use credits based on athletic points or it looks like pay extra on top of your season ticket. For example, I think the ones for the Southern game, if they were available, were $25 added on for club level upgrade that included 2 free drinks and club is one of the levels they serve alcohol if I'm thinking correctly.

Don't know how easy it'd be to do upgrades for bigger games, but I definitely plan on looking into it for this game and especially Clemson.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
They should have the gold section sponsor students as designated seat warmers. Alumni gets up and a student immediately fills the empty seat until they return. The less cranky alums might actually enjoy having them to there to converse.

/snark

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
According to @gtathletics tweet, student section allotment is full! Any student that requested a free tickets must come by the ticket office to get a wristband to be admitted to student section.
Sounds like they are turning out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
According to @gtathletics tweet, student section allotment is full! Any student that requested a free tickets must come by the ticket office to get a wristband to be admitted to student section.
Sounds like they are turning out.
They all want that free storm trooper helmet.

1549_stormtrooper_helmet_alt.jpg

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Before the stadium realignment, I sat on the lower East as a student. Where 123 is now. Those seats are too valuable now to be given to students.

Maybe they could close the bar or whatever is in the lounge area during the game, and only take orders placed from the seats and delivered to the seats. Orders could be placed on cell phones, maybe using the GT App. That would keep some of them in their seats, although those who just want to stand around and socialize or watch the game on TV are probably going to continue doing that, no matter what.

Animal02

Banned
Before the stadium realignment, I sat on the lower East as a student. Where 123 is now. Those seats are too valuable now to be given to students.
Wasn't the band in there somewhere as well? Also there was a "flash card" section pretty close to mid field. (what were they thinking?) Sort of like having the tunnel at midcourt at the Tit.....what a waste of valuable (non) seats.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Hate to say this, but have you seen the student section (outside of the swarm) for the last few games? Not exactly packed. Not sure which is worse at this point.

This. Dont throw stones when u live in a glass house. If the students always showed out fine complain. But they are just as bad.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Just don't know how we are going to ever be able to do this. The classes of students coming out of GT now have a very limited number of students attracted to American football. I know we are trying the "Football 101" class, but I just can't see this creating a multi-thousand fan base going forward. And, we have always had a very difficult time creating fans from outside of the Institute. (except before the 1970's, there was more of a southeastern following)

Not sure where this is coming from. 13% of Tech is international. 68% is from the Southeast.

I blame a lack of acculturation brought on by leadership either directly out of or invested in a model of engineering schools from certain less awesome states.

Watching GT football is not for jocks. GT football is not U[sic]gA football. We do not (or, by God, at least ought not) try to be MIT 6 days a week and Auburn on Saturday. MIT doesn't have a football following because their nerds are too dumb, too cowardly, and too lazy to bring the nerdiness outside of spaces demarcated as 'safe' for the nerds (by the jocks of the world, for lack of a better term).

GT brings the nerdiness everywhere. We will not stop until everything is nerdy. We had to drag this state out of the stagnation of plantation agriculture kicking and screaming, and we didn't do that by keeping our slide rules in the mill office when the boss man told us to. The celebration of foolishness and derision for education that the traditional U[sic]gA fan embodies is a pernicious cancer that will roll back the prosperity that Georgia has built if we allow it to fester. We will allow no space to be a refuge. Even in the heart of that place in Athens, we have started to install a kind of student that more resembles the Tech man than the dwag. Soon we shall see the hour of total victory. But until that time, we will not concede even the smallest, most inconsequential thing. Not even collegiate football.

Fun story: Starting at the Duke game the IEEE student branch will be hosting a video game tournament tailgate. Since we've been screwed again by the TV planners, it will most likely be a post game event, where persons not showing proof that they were at the game must pay to enter. Depending on several factors (read: money) we'll do some away game watching parties along the same lines. Homecoming has a special event for our hundredth birthday, but we'll do it again for Klempsun. After that, well, I've always felt the basketball (especially women's) games need some stiffened attendance.

You say the battle for the soul of the Tech student is lost. I say we have not yet begun to fight.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where this is coming from. 13% of Tech is international. 68% is from the Southeast.

I blame a lack of acculturation brought on by leadership either directly out of or invested in a model of engineering schools from certain less awesome states.

Watching GT football is not for jocks. GT football is not U[sic]gA football. We do not (or, by God, at least ought not) try to be MIT 6 days a week and Auburn on Saturday. MIT doesn't have a football following because their nerds are too dumb, too cowardly, and too lazy to bring the nerdiness outside of spaces demarcated as 'safe' for the nerds (by the jocks of the world, for lack of a better term).

GT brings the nerdiness everywhere. We will not stop until everything is nerdy. We had to drag this state out of the stagnation of plantation agriculture kicking and screaming, and we didn't do that by keeping our slide rules in the mill office when the boss man told us to. The celebration of foolishness and derision for education that the traditional U[sic]gA fan embodies is a pernicious cancer that will roll back the prosperity that Georgia has built if we allow it to fester. We will allow no space to be a refuge. Even in the heart of that place in Athens, we have started to install a kind of student that more resembles the Tech man than the dwag. Soon we shall see the hour of total victory. But until that time, we will not concede even the smallest, most inconsequential thing. Not even collegiate football.

Fun story: Starting at the Duke game the IEEE student branch will be hosting a video game tournament tailgate. Since we've been screwed again by the TV planners, it will most likely be a post game event, where persons not showing proof that they were at the game must pay to enter. Depending on several factors (read: money) we'll do some away game watching parties along the same lines. Homecoming has a special event for our hundredth birthday, but we'll do it again for Klempsun. After that, well, I've always felt the basketball (especially women's) games need some stiffened attendance.

You say the battle for the soul of the Tech student is lost. I say we have not yet begun to fight.

This old alum loves your spirit. Go get 'em!!

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

We ARE Georgia Tech, we can do that!