Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Do you honestly think he has to win 7, bowl included, or 8 in any fashion to retain his job? Or is this your preference?
Both.

If he only wins 6 and either doesn’t make a bowl or loses a bowl then the fan base will be even more divided and apathetic than they are now. A smart AD will know that and not deepen the wound.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Both.

If he only wins 6 and either doesn’t make a bowl or loses a bowl then the fan base will be even more divided and apathetic than they are now. A smart AD will know that and not deepen the wound.

Fair enough. I disagree with you and think 6 wins buys him a 5th season, but I doubt he wins 6.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. I disagree with you and think 6 wins buys him a 5th season, but I doubt he wins 6.
I think we are too thin with experienced linemen and lots of newbies in the defensive backfield to win more than 5. A few injuries and we will struggle. Our big play RB's are gone except for Dontae. Who are the playmakers this year? Can Sims stay healthy for the season? Too many ifs? Offense execution should be better under Long. This is Collins swan song.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Both.

If he wins 6 and we go to a bowl (regardless of whether we win or lose), he'll be back. I doubt he gets an extension, so that's another year towards lowering the pay out, but he'll survive another year. It may be a year-to-year evaluation at that point where marked improvement in performance is what keeps him his job. (just my opinion)

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
That the powers that be feel that four years is more than enough time to effect the greatest transition in the history of college football history and produce a product on the field that is better than merely mediocre?

We are rarely ever more than mediocre. If Collins can get us to mediocre he stays.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That the powers that be feel that four years is more than enough time to effect the greatest transition in the history of college football history and produce a product on the field that is better than merely mediocre?
Yeah, I think that’s it. We were promised championship caliber teams. After four years if we haven’t even reached the winning percentage of previous Tech coaches then this year is not the upgrade the AD promised and he will need to act. Rewriting history about what was promised, and lowering the bar for “success” will not fly with a majority of Tech fans.

But I continue to hope we win 8 games this year.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I am by no means advocating keeping Collins. But the world is dramatically different than when he started at GT with the transfer portal requiring no year to sit out and NIL. It dramatically strengthen the teams with money to cherry pick talent who is successful at the college level. For example, do you think Ole Miss would be have been a preferred destination over GT if you had to sit out a year or no NIL money was in play?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Just a reminder, this thread is NOT about how many CGC needs to win in order to keep his job. It's not about how many you WANT to win next year.

This thread is about YOUR prediction for our win total next season. Thanks.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just a reminder, this thread is NOT about how many CGC needs to win in order to keep his job. It's not about how many you WANT to win next year.

LOL! As with most threads in this forum, it's about whatever the fonts want to post about. Titles are merely there to initiate the discussion. Where it meanders from there is anyone's guess.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Well, to keep his job Collins has to sweep the season and win two bowl games. Then we will talk;