Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Plus you can win 12 or less games in four years and keep your job.
With 9 wins in 3 years why do you think he can keep his job with 3or 2 wins this year?
you are way to generous

HE IS 50/50 with
6 WINS - ALL AGAINST CRAP TEAMS AND COASTAL MID MAJORS

5 WINS - 1 MAJOR UP SET AND 4 WINS AGAINST COASTAL MID MAJORS

4 WINS - 2 LATE SEASON SOLID WINS AGAINST MAJORS AND 2 WIN AGAINS COASTAL MID MAJORS

COLLINS IS
BIG "decisions" MADE LATE..

IN YEAR 2 HE SHOULD HAVE ADJUSTED THE STAFF.

SHUTTLE IN PLAYERS IN POSITONS WITH NO REAL DEPTH "SO THEY DONT GET TIRED" IS SILLY. IT WAS CLEARLY TO SEND A MESSAGE TO RECRUITES THAT IF YOU COME TO GT YOU WILL SEE THE FIELD. USING THE SPEED MEASRUING DEVICE TO MEASURE AND REPORT EFFORT ON THE FIELD WAS STUPID AND MOSTLY A WASTE OF TIME. IF YOU NEED THAT YOU AND YOUR STAFF ARE WELL .. - THE NEW STAFF ARE NOT YES MEN.

WHY WAIT TILL YEAR 4 AND ITS CODE RED AT BDS TO
CLEAN HOUSE ON STAFF?

WHY ADD A QB COACH IN YEAR 4. (THAT WOULD HAVE MADE SENSE IN YEAR 1 WHEN NONE OF THE PLAEYERS HAD ANY EXPIERICNE). NO OTHER TEAM IN ACC BESIDES CLEMSON HAS A QB COACH.

AT OL - WE ARE BASCIALLY STARTING OVER AGAIN. THE TEAM IS NOW IN AN PRECAROIUS POSTION THAT WE NEED OL STARTING OR READY TO GO BACKUPS FROM THE PORTAL. KEY HAS HAD TO PLAY THIN DUE TO CHANGE AND INJURIES.
WITH DEPTH THIN AT QB AND AN INJURY PRONE QB WE ARE ONE SNAP AWAY FROM START OVER AT QB AFTER 2 YEARS.

BECAUSE OF THE DTs SEEM TO BE STRONGER, AND AT LEAST TRY TO GET OF BLOCKS MUCH FASTER, WE CAN LOOK GOOD IN SECOND HALF OF YEAR. THE AL GROH , PELTON JUST BULL RUSH MAY HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING

HE STILL IS LIKELY GONE AT END OF 22 UNLESS HE DOES SOMETHING THAT SHOWS "HE CAN SEE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE SO WE ARE WAY WAY WAY BETTER IN 23",

ITS RABBIT OUT OF THE HAT TIME.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
With 9 wins in 3 years why do you think he can keep his job with 3or 2 wins this year?
you are way to generous

HE IS 50/50 with

4 WINS - 2 LATE SEASON SOLID WINS AGAINST MAJORS AND 2 WIN AGAINS COASTAL MID MAJORS

COLLINS IS

SHUTTLE IN PLAYERS IN POSITONS WITH NO REAL DEPTH "SO THEY DONT GET TIRED" IS SILLY. IT WAS CLEARLY TO SEND A MESSAGE TO RECRUITES THAT IF YOU COME TO GT YOU WILL SEE THE FIELD. USING THE SPEED MEASRUING DEVICE TO MEASURE AND REPORT EFFORT ON THE FIELD WAS STUPID AND MOSTLY A WASTE OF TIME. IF YOU NEED THAT YOU AND YOUR STAFF ARE WELL .. - THE NEW STAFF ARE NOT YES MEN.

CLEAN HOUSE ON STAFF?

WHY ADD A QB COACH IN YEAR 4. (THAT WOULD HAVE MADE SENSE IN YEAR 1 WHEN NONE OF THE PLAEYERS HAD ANY EXPIERICNE). NO OTHER TEAM IN ACC BESIDES CLEMSON HAS A QB COACH.

AT OL - WE ARE BASCIALLY STARTING OVER AGAIN. THE TEAM IS NOW IN AN PRECAROIUS POSTION THAT WE NEED OL STARTING OR READY TO GO BACKUPS FROM THE PORTAL. KEY HAS HAD TO PLAY THIN DUE TO CHANGE AND INJURIES.
WITH DEPTH THIN AT QB AND AN INJURY PRONE QB WE ARE ONE SNAP AWAY FROM START OVER AT QB AFTER 2 YEARS.

BECAUSE OF THE DTs SEEM TO BE STRONGER, AND AT LEAST TRY TO GET OF BLOCKS MUCH FASTER, WE CAN LOOK GOOD IN SECOND HALF OF YEAR. THE AL GROH , PELTON JUST BULL RUSH MAY HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING

HE STILL IS LIKELY GONE AT END OF 22 UNLESS HE DOES SOMETHING THAT SHOWS "HE CAN SEE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE SO WE ARE WAY WAY WAY BETTER IN 23",

Stop yelling at us, LOL!

Year 2 was Covid19 year. Couldn't really make changes that year because we never had any continuity in players, practice, or anything. Lost year in terms of growth, evaluation, training, etc. I think had we not had the Covid season, the changes we saw this year would have come last year and there wouldn't be so many butt-hurt fans. It is what it is.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Stop yelling at us, LOL!

Year 2 was Covid19 year. Couldn't really make changes that year because we never had any continuity in players, practice, or anything. Lost year in terms of growth, evaluation, training, etc. I think had we not had the Covid season, the changes we saw this year would have come last year and there wouldn't be so many butt-hurt fans. It is what it is.
Did no other teams make any improvements during the Covid-19 year?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
you are way to generous

HE IS 50/50 with

COLLINS IS

CLEAN HOUSE ON STAFF?

Read who I was quoting. The quote was what message are we sending if we fire or retain G***C*****.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
*Steps to the 🎙 *
*Taps it a few times, coughs and clears his throat*

Gary Vaynerchuk Hello GIF by GaryVee

I went 7+ and it’s not just gold colored glasses. Here we go, take a peek inside my optimism:

Week 1, feels like Weak 1: we get crushed. Clemson will be out for blood after a long offseason being told how poorly they performed last year. They’re bouncing at the gates to grab a w and we are the unfortunate sobs who play them.

Week 2, Mount the Catamounts: same but in reverse we let out the aggression from knowing we are a better team than last year and play with a sense of urgency. We show those cats from Western Carolina that dry rubbed pork > mustard BBQ and stomp the little guys. No longer shall we be beaten by the sisters of the poor teams. So hear me, we shan’t do that again. Also the OL situation starts to come together as the transfers gel (hopefully we will have picked up some more help in the portal but they missed the spring so are coming up to speed).

Week 3, us versus the rebellion: I believe we have to win this game to have a solid back half of the schedule. We grow up this week and beat the rebels, staving off our own rebelling fans and start to turn the corner. The team is bought in and ready to roll now, and since we are being optimistic we avoid the injury bug that has been lurking around for what feels like forever based on the changes in our conditioning staff.

Week 4, the Knights bend a knee: with some wind in our sails the guys rally to remember it’s go time. We cruise into the beach scene down south and remind those knights, they serve at the pleasure - and it pleasures us to snag another pelt. We leave with a win and play some lights out defense. I at this point will be privately snickering at @kg01 treating all the poor souls who have up till now lost hope to some Counting Crows ice cream, brought to you by Mayyfield’s™

Week 5, the Pitts: Regrettably just as poor Icarus crashed into the sea of despair by flying to far up; we see a road game at Pittsburg and lose this one. (I think it’s possible we win here and lose the following week with the same reason, but liked the pitts moniker so pit the L here).

Week 6, Split with Pitt the devils in the detail: as mentioned above we split these two games. I don’t think we have the ability to carry week to week to week consistency quite yet. Also until Chip and Brent get the hardnosed attitude more completely established we are too easily corrupted by the unbridled positivity of CGC so we will lose one or the other from lack of focus and reading too much of our own positive press.

Week 7, comes at a great time physically and mentally. We regroup and come out swinging.
Justin Timberlake Jt GIF by *NSYNC

Week 8, the horror of The Who’s:
Charlottesville is the first city I think of that I love being in every day save the ones we have a gameday during. We are just so unlucky up there, thankfully we get them at our house and they’re figuring out their new Elliott coaching situation so we beat them in a close one.

Week 9, ATL loses its tomahawk: we come in 5-2, but we leave 5-3 as a night game is too much pressure to overcome from the tribe.

Week 10, road woes continue: never like the odds of playing up at their house. We lose this one in a closeish game. Fans start getting restless again - someone repeats the “good teams don’t lose two in a row trope” and we hit the 10K mark on the bourbon thread about CGC.

Week 11, no place like home: we beat Miami and stop the skid. @kg01 has been blocked by the 8-10 blowhards on here that only kvetch about the program but can’t take the heat from our guy’s kitchen and there is some hilarity between people missing posts because of the blocked content. I start quoting @kg01 in an unholy alliance to make sure the haters have to read his katana like sharp wit and get the both of us put in the SinBin*.
no regrets GIF

*Just kidding mods, no posters were injured during the creation of this hypothetical- plus if we are 6-4 in the way I have described at this points wouldn’t I have enough time traveler cred to be unbannable? Like don’t mess with that MidtownJacketMagic™

Week 12, UNCheat gets taken to the woodshed: The coaches have our guys playing to their potential and there is talk of JS10 being a darkhorse Heisman candidate next year. Also someone tweets @Suddes about bad Mojo for leaving us and the board has an illogical and totally odd minibattle where the malcontents who have been silenced start throwing rocks at our staff for not having mad changes sooner. Because some of us just can’t be happy.

Week 13+, shudder, champagne shower and introspection: Jowja beats us but not nearly as badly as this past season. They make it a point to do a ceremony at the half honoring their previous natty. I drink a good half bottle of an even better bottle of bourbon and console the chat with a reminder we are at 7-5, going to a sweet bowl game (which we go on to win and I get to finish that good bottle under happier circumstances) to finish the season in spectacular form at 8-5 and having made positive signs across the board.

Recruiting picks up, donors have formed NIL slush funds and we start to open the next brave chapter of Georgia Tech Football.

Go jackets!

Boom Mic Drop GIF
Not gonna lie it felt like an espn article but better. Good job lol

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Wondered if someone would extrapolate that response. Thought of it myself, which is why I took so long to post. However, 6 wins is not a guaranteed bowl, so not a guaranteed losing record. Probably is not definitely.

This is an exercise in pedantry. I'm trying to remember the last time a 6 win team didn't go to a bowl that wasn't either sitting out bowls due to probation or was a casualty of COVID protocols. The reality is that 5 win teams can make bowls with the expanded bowl inventory these days, so a 6 win team will most assuredly make a bowl game. Sure, there are rare instances where a team with a 12 game schedule could end the season 6-6 and not go to a bowl, but they are exceptions, not the rule.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
*Steps to the 🎙 *
*Taps it a few times, coughs and clears his throat*

Gary Vaynerchuk Hello GIF by GaryVee

I went 7+ and it’s not just gold colored glasses. Here we go, take a peek inside my optimism:

Week 1, feels like Weak 1: we get crushed. Clemson will be out for blood after a long offseason being told how poorly they performed last year. They’re bouncing at the gates to grab a w and we are the unfortunate sobs who play them.

Week 2, Mount the Catamounts: same but in reverse we let out the aggression from knowing we are a better team than last year and play with a sense of urgency. We show those cats from Western Carolina that dry rubbed pork > mustard BBQ and stomp the little guys. No longer shall we be beaten by the sisters of the poor teams. So hear me, we shan’t do that again. Also the OL situation starts to come together as the transfers gel (hopefully we will have picked up some more help in the portal but they missed the spring so are coming up to speed).

Week 3, us versus the rebellion: I believe we have to win this game to have a solid back half of the schedule. We grow up this week and beat the rebels, staving off our own rebelling fans and start to turn the corner. The team is bought in and ready to roll now, and since we are being optimistic we avoid the injury bug that has been lurking around for what feels like forever based on the changes in our conditioning staff.

Week 4, the Knights bend a knee: with some wind in our sails the guys rally to remember it’s go time. We cruise into the beach scene down south and remind those knights, they serve at the pleasure - and it pleasures us to snag another pelt. We leave with a win and play some lights out defense. I at this point will be privately snickering at @kg01 treating all the poor souls who have up till now lost hope to some Counting Crows ice cream, brought to you by Mayyfield’s™

Week 5, the Pitts: Regrettably just as poor Icarus crashed into the sea of despair by flying to far up; we see a road game at Pittsburg and lose this one. (I think it’s possible we win here and lose the following week with the same reason, but liked the pitts moniker so pit the L here).

Week 6, Split with Pitt the devils in the detail: as mentioned above we split these two games. I don’t think we have the ability to carry week to week to week consistency quite yet. Also until Chip and Brent get the hardnosed attitude more completely established we are too easily corrupted by the unbridled positivity of CGC so we will lose one or the other from lack of focus and reading too much of our own positive press.

Week 7, comes at a great time physically and mentally. We regroup and come out swinging.
Justin Timberlake Jt GIF by *NSYNC

Week 8, the horror of The Who’s:
Charlottesville is the first city I think of that I love being in every day save the ones we have a gameday during. We are just so unlucky up there, thankfully we get them at our house and they’re figuring out their new Elliott coaching situation so we beat them in a close one.

Week 9, ATL loses its tomahawk: we come in 5-2, but we leave 5-3 as a night game is too much pressure to overcome from the tribe.

Week 10, road woes continue: never like the odds of playing up at their house. We lose this one in a closeish game. Fans start getting restless again - someone repeats the “good teams don’t lose two in a row trope” and we hit the 10K mark on the bourbon thread about CGC.

Week 11, no place like home: we beat Miami and stop the skid. @kg01 has been blocked by the 8-10 blowhards on here that only kvetch about the program but can’t take the heat from our guy’s kitchen and there is some hilarity between people missing posts because of the blocked content. I start quoting @kg01 in an unholy alliance to make sure the haters have to read his katana like sharp wit and get the both of us put in the SinBin*.
no regrets GIF

*Just kidding mods, no posters were injured during the creation of this hypothetical- plus if we are 6-4 in the way I have described at this points wouldn’t I have enough time traveler cred to be unbannable? Like don’t mess with that MidtownJacketMagic™

Week 12, UNCheat gets taken to the woodshed: The coaches have our guys playing to their potential and there is talk of JS10 being a darkhorse Heisman candidate next year. Also someone tweets @Suddes about bad Mojo for leaving us and the board has an illogical and totally odd minibattle where the malcontents who have been silenced start throwing rocks at our staff for not having mad changes sooner. Because some of us just can’t be happy.

Week 13+, shudder, champagne shower and introspection: Jowja beats us but not nearly as badly as this past season. They make it a point to do a ceremony at the half honoring their previous natty. I drink a good half bottle of an even better bottle of bourbon and console the chat with a reminder we are at 7-5, going to a sweet bowl game (which we go on to win and I get to finish that good bottle under happier circumstances) to finish the season in spectacular form at 8-5 and having made positive signs across the board.

Recruiting picks up, donors have formed NIL slush funds and we start to open the next brave chapter of Georgia Tech Football.

Go jackets!

Boom Mic Drop GIF
It's the off season.

Since you are being optimistic, I propose a w l series to expose the "peak negative cgc can not be good posters". We need to flip a few games.

We are 3-3 with a so so uva team at BDS. Their QB embarrasses us and it's peak fire cgc as we drop to 3-4 w 4 road games remaining.
This day is always remembered as "The day the the gt fans were booing at BDS".
some of the players flip off the fans.

At uva post game cgc is relentlessly optimistic about his love for the team, Sims, and he praises the DL. The SWARM melts down and set the "fire collins" thread sets a new record" when it triples the brad Stewart thread. No one has a clue about where the $$ come from to get us out of decades of last place in donations to gtaa, how to start a real nil, how to pay off cgc and staff, get money for long term hire of a good staff.
"We don't care, we just want to end this and start over"

BEING PEAK OPTIMISTIC
The light suddenly shines brightly in Sims head, the dl plays like grown men and we barely win at FSU and VT. We are 5-4 have to play the "nationally televised unbeatable Miami is back" game. The games starts off poorly with some fans behind the players bench wearing masks and ends a close win with several players flipping off the now cheering but bag less fans. One of the players is Sims. "GT football fans get fired by players" goes viral. We beat unc easily and play tough but lose to uga to go 7-5.

STAYING PEAK OPTIMISTIC
The posters on the Fire Collins thread repent and generously donate to gtaa, Collins welcomes everyone to bds - "even the doubters". Sims stays and in 23 we challenge for acc championship which we win in 24.
Everyone EVEN THE FAN Sims FLIPPED OF is happy. HE DONATES $1,000,000 TO GTA

or OMG

GT CANT HAVE NICE THINGS = Collins, Staff, and top players leave in offseason.
FOR 23 with limited money and a terrible reputation gtaa hires an fcs staff.
Gt Swarm starts at "fire the coach because he is overpaid thread".

That's was fun thought process to bracket the best and the worst

Now back to reality
We much beat FSU to have a chance of muddling thru till the reset.
God willing I plan to be in Tallahassee.
PART of PLAN
I will be driving over from Pensacola with my trailer mounted grill with 2 smokers.
Will Bryan's Dad did this for years.
We could go out in a blaze of glory.

like Will bryans dad used to do.

By 24 when the great ncaa football reset occurs gt moves to FCS.

gt just muddles along being on par w Duke and the other coastal teams that are having down year.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I am by no means advocating keeping Collins. But the world is dramatically different than when he started at GT with the transfer portal requiring no year to sit out and NIL. It dramatically strengthen the teams with money to cherry pick talent who is successful at the college level. For example, do you think Ole Miss would be have been a preferred destination over GT if you had to sit out a year or no NIL money was in play?
Right now ole miss has a draw we do not have and thats lane Kiffin. Kids want to play for him and they win. Hed still eb pulling recruits over us