Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am going with a little bit of optimism and saying 5. I am really torn between 4-5 and decided to be optimistic since it is February.
The beginning and end of the schedule set up for a slow start and a slow finish. GT has one 1 road game each of the last 3 years and have 6 road games this year including 4 of its last 5 with the home game coming against what I feel has the potential to be one of the 2 best teams in the Coastal.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
I picked 5 due to the coaching changes. I would have picked 6 but it appears that our head coach remains an arrogant BSer that has not learned a thing. Hopefully I am wrong and we will qualify for post season play.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We have seven players left from each of the 18 and 19 signing classes, guys who, under normal circumstances, would be redshirt seniors and seniors. The guys from the 2017 class would be COVID redshirt seniors. But none of them are left.
That's not a lot of guys to call upon for senior leadership.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We have seven players left from each of the 18 and 19 signing classes, guys who, under normal circumstances, would be redshirt seniors and seniors. The guys from the 2017 class would be COVID redshirt seniors. But none of them are left.
That's not a lot of guys to call upon for senior leadership.
14 guys should be plenty to find 1 or 2 leaders.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Wish for 10, hope for 6, expect 2 or 3. Sorry, I don’t know what the new staff brings to the table, but I don’t think Collins can become a good enough head coach between now and then to move the needle.

georgytech

Georgia Tech Fan
I picked 3 wins ( hoping for 12) with the wins coming against WCU ,Duke , & either Virginia or VT but leaning heavily to the Cavaliers as our 3rd win. . 6 away games with one at a neutral( maybe but doubt it as Clemson fans will fill Mecedes Benz) leaves on;y 5 games at Bobby Dodd & we get the 3 teams I project a win over all at home. UNC could be a 4th win late in the year if they are having a disappointing season assuming our team has managed to hold together . Who really knows at this point , perhaps the Jackets come into the season with a chip on their shoulder .& want to prove all the doubters wrong

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am going with a little bit of optimism and saying 5. I am really torn between 4-5 and decided to be optimistic since it is February.
The beginning and end of the schedule set up for a slow start and a slow finish. GT has one 1 road game each of the last 3 years and have 6 road games this year including 4 of its last 5 with the home game coming against what I feel has the potential to be one of the 2 best teams in the Coastal.

Finish strong or be gone.

I will be tailgating at the FSU away game. Then will be at the Miami game. Gt fans will show up.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
After watching all the changes in the coaching staff and player roster and listening to the back and forth here in the forum, I'm ready to find out which forum members really know what they are talking about.

With bragging rights on the line, give us your "way too early" predictions for the upcoming season.

Please vote in the poll and post a comment in the thread explaining your rationale.

Thanks.
Like a lot of people, I voted for four wins. I predicted four wins last year in a similar poll. I cannot see how this year's team can be better than last year's team with the three best offensive linemen gone, and the three stalwarts from the defense. The only way to six or seven wins and a bowl game would be for Jeff to make improvements and really take control of this team. It is all on him and the receivers including the new tight end to play lights out because four TDs a game will not get it done. It would help matters considerably for the Coastal to be its usual, unpredictable, mediocre self with many of our opponents dealing with their own unknowns, new coaches, new quarterbacks, portal issues, etc.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wanted to say 5-6, but my logical side says 2-3 is more probable. I hope my logical side is wrong. CGC and CAT are still running the D, and although it can't get much worse, it can be terrible again, especially if our D Line and LB play is not much improved. I know a lot of folks were concerned with our DB play last year as well, but ultimately, to get stops, you must have stellar front 7 play, and I just don't see the experienced talent in this group that is needed, and even if we have some guys step up, I don't know if they will get the coaching and play calling they need.

On the O-side, I just don't know if there are enough "playmakers" to be special. I think this side of the ball can be improved for sure, but the O line is still a big question mark, as it has been the past 3 years.

So, heart would say let's get to 6 wins and turn the ship around, but I don't think this thing can come together under CGC in the first year after so many changes. Hope he proves me wrong, but he sure hasn't in the first 3 years.