Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
After watching all the changes in the coaching staff and player roster and listening to the back and forth here in the forum, I'm ready to find out which forum members really know what they are talking about.

With bragging rights on the line, give us your "way too early" predictions for the upcoming season.

Please vote in the poll and post a comment in the thread explaining your rationale.

Thanks.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
We will perform better because of better coaching, more experienced players, and perhaps another impact transfer on the OL and/or DL before the fall starts. I think we will win 7 plus possibly a bowl win. Despite the improvement, many fans, including myself, will not yet be sold on whether or not Collins is the guy for the job. None of it will matter if we don't get a collective up and running to support NIL. This is in the works I am told by sources in the athletic department (who are not directly involved but in the know) and on the coaches committee with a target launch date in mid-to-late March.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I went with 4. I think we lose to 3 of 4 out of conference (UCF, Ole Miss, UGA). That means 3 and 5 in ACC which I think is about where we will be. I think we are favorite to beat Duke, not sure who else. Underdogs to Clemson, Miami, Pittsburgh, UNC. Maybe toss up with VA, VT and FSU. Even if we go 4-4 in ACC, that means 5 win at top end based on what I see.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I went out on a limb and said 5. WCU and Duke. I think we have a coaching change after a 1-4 start and then pull off four conference wins. To be honest, I only see that happening with a change. I don't see a CGC led team beating anyone but WCU and Duke. Maybe he turns it around but we have to see it, and there literally nothing to indicate it is likely to happen.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to lump 3 into a 0-3 choice. :sneaky:

I’m saying 3. We are nothing if not consistent! I see 9 bowl eligible teams on this schedule. Granted, 2 or 3 of them only get their 6th win with a win over us. So if we manage to win more than 3, it will be obvious that the schedule was weak and we still didn’t beat a P5 team with a winning record...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I went with 4. I think we lose to 3 of 4 out of conference (UCF, Ole Miss, UGA). That means 3 and 5 in ACC which I think is about where we will be. I think we are favorite to beat Duke, not sure who else. Underdogs to Clemson, Miami, Pittsburgh, UNC. Maybe toss up with VA, VT and FSU. Even if we go 4-4 in ACC, that means 5 win at top end based on what I see.
I completely agree.

Will add - we play FSU 10/29 and Mia 2 weeks later. I hope these games will be nationally televised. They would be nationally televised if FSU and Mia looking like the are returning to being top teams. I think gt will be showing signs of life after a tough season start.

If we win by hook or crook , we are on the way up with Collins for another year.
Or
We can be kicked to the curb.
I am getting some optimism that the team will get fired up for these games.

Deleted member 4558

I think we will win 2 games. Guess that makes me the lowest Tech fan on the totem pole? 4 wins , I would be surprised. 5-6 wins, shocked. 7 and above means I know absolutely nothing about college football. Here's hoping for the last ption.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We’d all love to be told “I told you so”.

But I don’t think that’s happening. I think we win 3 games again and we finally take out the trash.

My post was chum, bleed. Welcome to 'the list'.

What list? Oh ...... you'll see.

yves marie smile GIF by Charlie Mars

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Have to keep Sims vertical at least first few games to get our backups up to speed. He missed at least 4 last year. We have a shot at beating UCF and several toss ups with new coaches in the ACC but only at home.
The OL is the key to more winning and keeping key linemen without injury. We suddenly seem a little thin there. I expect the D to be about the same.
I think 4 wins but hope it is more.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I picked 7+. The talent level has been there for all three seasons to have way more than 3 wins. Increadbly poor coaching is the primary reasons for the 3 wins.

I picked 7 because big upgrade on the offense, Now that CGC is fighting for his life, backed into a corner and the fact that I think he is a decent Defense coach.
I think he spends a lot more time thinking about coaching instead of all the stuff that got us into this mess.

So overall big upgrade in coaching. I did waffle on 6 because I feel like CGC's terrible in game decision making could bite us for a game or even two.

I am looking to surprise a number of teams this year especially as we have seen when an offense is good (CPJ years) you can win a lot of games. The defense just needs to be serviceable. Top 40 kind of range. We have the talent to do that

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I picked 7+. The talent level has been there for all three seasons to have way more than 3 wins. Increadbly poor coaching is the primary reasons for the 3 wins.

I picked 7 because big upgrade on the offense, Now that CGC is fighting for his life, backed into a corner and the fact that I think he is a decent Defense coach.
I think he spends a lot more time thinking about coaching instead of all the stuff that got us into this mess.

So overall big upgrade in coaching. I did waffle on 6 because I feel like CGC's terrible in game decision making could bite us for a game or even two.

I am looking to surprise a number of teams this year especially as we have seen when an offense is good (CPJ years) you can win a lot of games. The defense just needs to be serviceable. Top 40 kind of range. We have the talent to do that
I agree with your post. Everything except the last sentence. We have lost a lot to the portal, and only have "possibles and maybes" coming in, IMO.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The Kg account went 6 to be conservative.

And we're gonna be an insufferable b*tch to the lot of you after each and every victory.

Get yer mines ready, fools.
I hope you're right. Honestly, I don't know how to gauge this season. On the one hand, we lost too many experienced players and too much depth. Our lines are depleted. But on the other, we gained some good coaches. I went with five wins, but I hope I'm wrong and we win more. I want to be wrong.