Going on the Record

How many games does Tech win next season?

• 0-3

• 7+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Mack made some coaching changes as a result.
Yes he did but will he ever have as gifted a quarterback as Sam Howell? A cautionary tale for fans that jump to the conclusion that having skill position stars is the only thing that matters. When we played them, they were ranked, I think, number 10 in the country. It may very well be that the high water mark for Mack's return to Carolina has already been reached.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
64.4% of all the votes think we are going to win 4 games or less. And they call GT fans pessimistic..

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Dump the water, fill the glass halfway with ice, add 4 ounces of black rum and a twist of lime, then top it off with ginger beer—and you have a tall Dark and Stormy.
Actually, GTpdm, you cannot legally call it a Dark and Stormy unless you use Gosling’s Black Seal Rum,, the name is patented! ( In reality, any dark rum will work )
The Dark &Stormy is the national cocktail of Bermuda,,
(Not sure what this has to do with GT football!)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

With coaching changes, roster changes due to the portal, and just the usual Coastal craziness it is hard to put much credence on this or any other predictions about win totals including mine which was for Tech to win 4. Personally, I do not think Pitt will win 9 games with the number of starters they lost especially Pickett. I am skeptical of UNC, Virginia Tech, FSU, and Syracuse as well. The only "good" teams I see in that list are Clemson, Miami, and NC State and I would not bet the house on any of them either. IIWII

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Honestly seems about right to me, but I had originally predicted 4 wins when this post first came out. I realize spring is the time when we should feel
more optimistic, but I fear we are going to hear another season of excuses: " New coaches at so many positions"; "basically installing a new offense- it will
take time"; " our OL is so young "; "our DBs are so inexperienced"; " we have the toughest schedule in the country";............
I am soooo hoping I , and this latest prediction from Bud Elliott, are wrong.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Honestly seems about right to me, but I had originally predicted 4 wins when this post first came out. I realize spring is the time when we should feel
more optimistic, but I fear we are going to hear another season of excuses: " New coaches at so many positions"; "basically installing a new offense- it will
take time"; " our OL is so young "; "our DBs are so inexperienced"; " we have the toughest schedule in the country";............
I am soooo hoping I , and this latest prediction from Bud Elliott, are wrong.
Don’t forget “the greatest transition in the history of college football” excuse. That one served the HC well for 3 years and still may have some legs!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Don’t forget “the greatest transition in the history of college football” excuse. That one served the HC well for 3 years and still may have some legs!
I don’t want to encourage this type of talk because so many of us are trying to be positive about this season. But you are certainly correct about the last three seasons. The “transition” argument was a convenient way to deflect away from one horrendous loss after another.

Let us hope that argument is dead and buried. Resurrecting it one more time will pretty much tell us the experiment is over and it’s time to go a different direction.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see this poll opened up again for a re-vote, for those who would like to change theirs.
It would be interesting to see how perceptions have altered since the vote was taken.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If this coach can win 4 games next yr with this team and this schedule, he will be a miracle worker or just crazy lucky (with every semi-even opponent's QB getting injured somehow).

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see this poll opened up again for a re-vote, for those who would like to change theirs.
It would be interesting to see how perceptions have altered since the vote was taken.
Yeah it is interesting. I had not planned on the level of transfers of good talent. So that is going to hurt the W/L, but I am very happy with the coach additions so that will help the W/L. Overall I would drop by 1 win and still think we go to a bowl game. But I am afraid that CGC has already ran out of runway from the recruiting momentum that he was building. This is now a restart sadly. Or a pause under the best case scenario. So sad how dense he is. If he had only recognized this before last season he could have really built something.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it is interesting. I had not planned on the level of transfers of good talent. So that is going to hurt the W/L, but I am very happy with the coach additions so that will help the W/L. Overall I would drop by 1 win and still think we go to a bowl game. But I am afraid that CGC has already ran out of runway from the recruiting momentum that he was building. This is now a restart sadly. Or a pause under the best case scenario. So sad how dense he is. If he had only recognized this before last season he could have really built something.
I wish I were as optimistic as you, and certainly hope you're right. I would lower my W total from 5 to 3, based mainly on a waning of optimism about the OL.

But college football, like all sports, can pack some amazing surprises sometimes. I'm hoping against hope for one of those on the Flats this year.
We see what we see, catch what glimpses we can, but what we see is far from the complete picture. You never know...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The biggest challenge facing Tstan and CGC WAS getting cheap ga tech millionaire alums to donate/ buy ticksts at a unc or vt level.
Fail.

This week CGC has the top 24 QB recruit visit and they had nice talk , kid like the campus and Collins and coaches.

Now the challenge for Tstan and CGC is how to raise additional money from the cheap gt millionaire alum to play in the NIL arena as college football splits between real football programs and the big fcs programs.
Call Paul says the top HS QB is 5-7$mm and we have a few years before the spilt
Baylor of all places may make the step up while we become Bucknell in the Patriot Conference
Money talks and Bullxxx walks.
Deflect blame on others to continue.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I wish I were as optimistic as you, and certainly hope you're right. I would lower my W total from 5 to 3, based mainly on a waning of optimism about the OL.

But college football, like all sports, can pack some amazing surprises sometimes. I'm hoping against hope for one of those on the Flats this year.
We see what we see, catch what glimpses we can, but what we see is far from the complete picture. You never know...
I agree. At this point I think a bowl game - even if there are so many - is not realistic for this team, this year. Even though we have an experienced QB, we have an inexperienced OL, and no (truly) elite RB, as plusses on O. Honestly, I thought the backup QB looked more game ready in the spring game. The No. 1 QB seemed to struggle with quick decisions on where to pass the ball ( and accurately) after the snap- which will be vital in the new uptempo offense. I anticipate a mistake filled- self inflicted wounds- start to the season. I would not be surprised to see 2 QBs being tried early in the season. As always, I am praying to be surprised. But based on years 1 through 3, I am not holding my breath on that.

JacketFan137

Banned
I agree. At this point I think a bowl game - even if there are so many - is not realistic for this team, this year. Even though we have an experienced QB, we have an inexperienced OL, and no (truly) elite RB, as plusses on O. Honestly, I thought the backup QB looked more game ready in the spring game. The No. 1 QB seemed to struggle with quick decisions on where to pass the ball ( and accurately) after the snap- which will be vital in the new uptempo offense. I anticipate a mistake filled- self inflicted wounds- start to the season. I would not be surprised to see 2 QBs being tried early in the season. As always, I am praying to be surprised. But based on years 1 through 3, I am not holding my breath on that.
gibson was basically throwing to WRs covered by nothing but air. to take away anything from that spring game based on the qb position is a bit of a stretch for me. sims definitely needs to cut down on turnovers and can improve greatly but if we start gibson then my optimism of a bowl game will quickly dwindle and i don’t see us winning more than 2 games with him