Georgia wants to switch Tech for Clemson

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Come to think of it in recent years we have had transfer athletes from both Morris Brown (before it closed) and Shorter. Seems like the one from Morris Brown was in the 90s and played corner back for Coach O'Leary and the one from Shorter was pretty recent and played for Coach Johnson. A pity I cannot remember their names.
The player who transferred from Shorter was WR Kevin Cone who was a Senior in 2010

http://www.ramblingwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kevin_cone_349455.html

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I would do u of h , memphis, or tcu - all talent rich major metropolitan areas.
Since we are going to recruit a wider area, this is a good start.

To many BOR like watching ugag in bds so the series will remain.
Because of GT recruiting in Tennessee a home and home with Vanderbilt or Tennessee wouldn't be a bad thing if UGAG dumps GT. I'm like you however and think the GT-UGAG rivalry probably will keep being played because of big money guys in Georgia like the series.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm like you however and think the GT-UGAG rivalry probably will keep being played because of big money guys in Georgia like the series.

As do most of the fans of either team.Honestly, this is a topic (dropping the series) that is only discussed on the internet. Most of my wife's family are Uga grads and fans. I have never heard them broach the topic. Ever. And I have known them for longer than I care to admit.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Adams has played this card twice now. I guess he is struggling for material. Personally, it wouldn't bother me much, assuming we can find a quality opponent for home and aways every year.

I think it's this kind of stuff, the clickbait and trolling, on dawgnation.com (a Cox Media site) that led Seth Emerson to leave the AJC and the dawgnation site for The Athletic.
What this Brandon Adams' jackhammer is doing is nothing short of the digital version of sports talk radio - throw s@@@ on the wall, see what sticks to generate callers (or in this case clicks), rinse and repeat. Or in the Mutts' case, just repeat. No rinsing from rolling around in the s@@@.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The only possible and at least semi-meaningful option would be for the mutts to drop us and play Clemson, who would drop USCe, who would then play us. But USCe is not a very good replacement for the mutts, even if they would consider it.

South Carolina state legislature ain't gonna let a Clemson-USC Columbia series end. They'd get involved in a heart beat.
Georgia can pound its chest all it wants to now. They got to the NCG (and lost in delicious and heartwarming fashion), beat an overrated ND team on the road, waltzed through a moribund SEC East and had 30 something seniors. Let's not forget they barely escaped one of the worst FCS teams for a win at home in '16.
Looking forward to a road three peat the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

South Carolina state legislature ain't gonna let a Clemson-USC Columbia series end. They'd get involved in a heart beat.
Georgia can pound its chest all it wants to now. They got to the NCG (and lost in delicious and heartwarming fashion), beat an overrated ND team on the road, waltzed through a moribund SEC East and had 30 something seniors. Let's not forget they barely escaped one of the worst FCS teams for a win at home in '16.
Looking forward to a road three peat the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
I don't think the Georgia legislature would let COFH come to an end either.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They used to play Clemson every year but when Clemson started beating them they dropped them from their schedule. So they played Clemson and us and that may have been back in the 10 game schedule time frame.

They used to play Clemson every year but when Clemson started beating them they dropped them from their schedule. So they played Clemson and us and that may have been back in the 10 game schedule time frame.
Far be it from me to defend the mutts, but Clemson has seldom beat the mutts over the years. The overall record is 42-18 in Georgia's favor.

Thats because like us georgia played them when they sucked but unlike us geoegia cut them as soon as clemson started getting good
That's not quite true either. We played them more or less continuously over the years, even when they were good. The most recent period of our not playing them was between 1977 and 1983, after which we have played them every year. There were a few (very few) other periods of time over which we did not play. Our record against them is 51-30-2, with a 14-1 streak against them in the 50s and 60s. The longest streak of games between the mutts and Clemson was from 1962 to 1987 (minus a couple of years), and Clemson only won 3 times in that period. Since 1987, they have played 8 times, and Clemson has only won 2 of them. I don't know why the mutts dropped them from the schedule, but I don't think it was because Clemson "started getting good." Now if they were to have played regularly over the past 10 years, I'm pretty sure Clemson would have won most of them. But they have only played twice in that period and split the two games. Again, I'm not trying to defend the mutts, but let's get our fact straight.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
That's not quite true either. We played them more or less continuously over the years, even when they were good. The most recent period of our not playing them was between 1977 and 1983, after which we have played them every year. There were a few (very few) other periods of time over which we did not play. Our record against them is 51-30-2, with a 14-1 streak against them in the 50s and 60s. The longest streak of games between the mutts and Clemson was from 1962 to 1987 (minus a couple of years), and Clemson only won 3 times in that period. Since 1987, they have played 8 times, and Clemson has only won 2 of them. I don't know why the mutts dropped them from the schedule, but I don't think it was because Clemson "started getting good." Now if they were to have played regularly over the past 10 years, I'm pretty sure Clemson would have won most of them. But they have only played twice in that period and split the two games. Again, I'm not trying to defend the mutts, but let's get our fact straight.

It was more a feeling of being able to compete. Win one game they shouldnt and the georgia boosters get ansy. Georgia was pretty mediocre i. The 60s and 70s as well