Georgia wants to switch Tech for Clemson

Good lord, I listened to this. Let's see, Georgia puts together a great year last year with 30 seniors and playing in one of the weakest subdivisions in the power 5 and now they are some powerhouse. Recruiting, they love to talk this but they have been in the top ten in recruiting for the last 20 years. Yes, based on their schedule they should win at least 9 games. Unless of course Florida makes some noise and LSU puts it together, but it may be year they lose 5 games, that being Auburn, Florida, LSU, us, and maybe South Carolina could snip em.
Don't leave the Jackets out there :)

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd rather we play Clemson, UGA, and another power program every year. Oregon made their jump by renovating everything, pouring a bunch of money in and then scheduling top 10 teams to start every year. No downside from our current position.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Adams has played this card twice now. I guess he is struggling for material. Personally, it wouldn't bother me much, assuming we can find a quality opponent for home and aways every year.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
UGA would be crazy to do this. They are what, 13-3 against us the past 16 years and the gap is widening. They would probably have been 8-8 against Clemson and on even terms now. 2 losses drops you out of the national championship race and with Auburn, Florida, Alabama or LSU some years, plus the SEC championship game, their schedule is already tough enough. GT is absolutely the perfect opponent for them. They probably would like to move it earlier in the season.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Despite all the bluster, this would hurt GT a ton more than ugag.

I also hate them. They is why I want to beat them on the field, not on the internet

But it will take some leader with balls at GT to make this start happening.

Now some think Auburn, ut, or others are going to give up a yearly slot to play us? After all the elitist B.S. since 64?

CPJ would use this slot to schedule gsu, GSU, or Spelman every year.

If anything like this were to ever become a possibility, I would hope state politicos would squash the hell out of it.

The only real choice for us is to man up, overcome the Dodd/Harrison disaster, and start beating them on the field.

Last edited:
Two wins out of the last four games, and we need a "leader with balls"? Give me a break. Also 3 out of the last 10, which certainly needs to be much better, but stacks up pretty good in comparison to what it's been like the past 50 years.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I’d be happy if they never came to BDS again. Their fans are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying (really I am) to think of a fan base with as bad a reputation for plain boorish behavior at Grant Field. Maybe Alabama years ago. NC State is not exactly the best either but no one is actually close to UGA. They are just awful. Once I went to a UGA - LSU game in Athens back in the 1980s and much to my astonishment the LSU fans were about as bad as the mutts. Don't tell me it is because of the huge number of fans either. I have been at Florida Field and their 90,000 plus fans are much better and don't trash the campus the way Georgia fans have been known to do. In more recent times, maybe Miami's collection of thugs but there just not near as many of them. I don't even think Virginia Tech's fans are nearly as bad.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Georgia football podcast: Clemson should be UGA’s ACC rival
Beginning of the show: Clemson coach Dabo Swinney wants his team to renew its rivalry with Georgia, and UGA athletic director Greg McGarity apparently thinks it’s a good idea, too. I’ll talk about that on the show and explain why a yearly series with the Tigers might be preferable to the Bulldogs’ traditional in-state showdown with Georgia Tech.

Link
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation-daily/georgia-football-podcast-05-03-2018
I don't think the Georgia AD said that at all. Somebody on that podcast might have, but not him. They want to play Clemson is what he is saying, and Clemson wouldn't mind going at them again either. But when did I miss the AD saying they should drop GT to do it? (And to face the brutal facts, a Ga.-Clemson game will put 82,000 people in the stands, every year. Vs., what, 52,000 max at BD?) Lot of money for both schools involved. Let's face facts: it ain't a rivalry game unless both teams compete, and we do not with any consistency. I love the upset when we win ... but it is always an upset.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Despite all the bluster, this would hurt GT a ton more than ugag.

I also hate them. They is why I want to beat them on the field, not on the internet

Now some think Auburn, ut, or others are going to give up a yearly slot to play us? After all the elitist B.S. since 64?

CPJ would use this slot to schedule gsu, GSU, or Spelman every year.

If anything like this were to ever become a possibility, I would hope state politicos would squash the hell out of it.

The only real choice for us is to man up, overcome the Dodd/Harrison disaster, and start beating them on the field.

I hope GT doesn’t play Spelman...