Article Georgia Tech vs Northwestern

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2017-11-28_21-13-26.png

upload_2017-11-28_21-13-40.png

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow
One of my "bold predictions" ... Tadric Jackson wins 2 games for us this year at the buzzer. That was #1! :)

- GT makes it into the sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament
- Coach Pastner wins NCAA coach of the year, and Nassir Little regrets decision
- Moses Wright surprises everyone, and plays mins in all games
- Jose Alvarado becomes the starting PG, and GT becomes PG U again!
- Lammers named ACC defensive player of the year, 1st team all ACC, and is select in 2nd round of NBA draft.
- Tadric averages 16 points/game, and wins 2 games at the buzzer
- Josh averages 18 points/game, but decides to come back for 2018/2019 season

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wow! One basket made in the last 8 minutes for GT? What a way to make it Thrilling! Granted I'd preferred we muddled with the 10 point lead until the end of the game. [emoji41]

Go Jackets!

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Man I needed that. I’ve been so down on our football team that it was nice to see something good come from GT Athletics. I have to admit I lost my composure a bit with that meltdown at the 8-min mark...especially when Tadric turned it over. I need to put my expectations back to where they were last year and that shouldn’t happen again.

That’s going to be a good win come March.

Yeah, it seemed like let off the gas a little after Tax hit that 3 to put us 10. Great to see the team pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat. Building blocks.

Man I needed that. I’ve been so down on our football team that it was nice to see something good come from GT Athletics. I have to admit I lost my composure a bit with that meltdown at the 8-min mark...especially when Tadric turned it over. I need to put my expectations back to where they were last year and that shouldn’t happen again.

That’s going to be a good win come March.
It is a good today. You're right tho this will be nice to have a ooc win from a tourney bound team come selection sunday.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll take a win any way they come. 1 pt or 50 pt margin.

Jose had a few questionable decisions, but overall had a nice game with 9pts 4assists and 3 rebs. Said this in chat, but if he can develop a shot off the screen, he will be DEADLY. He's so quick off the screen that defenders don't turn the corner fast enough to defend him. JA needs to look for a shot there.

Was hoping to see a more developed post game from Lammers this season. Still relying on the fadeway and jump shots from just inside the arc. He did have a nice up and under move under the basket early in the game.

AD is still raw, but he flashes every now and again and makes you think of how good he can be if he smooths out the rough edges. Seemed like he was in on every rebound. Need to rethink his 3 pt shots though. Stepped up and played solid minutes when Lammers was in foul trouble. I think it's something we'll see a lot of this year as the good teams will look to attack Lammers to get him in foul trouble.

After hearing all summer how Ogbonda was the most improved player overall, weird not seeing him play. Is he hurt?

CGB's line tonight: 11 pts on 3-3 shots, 2-2 free throw. Perfect night shooting. He really needs to look for his shot more, especially with Okogie out for the foreseeable future. Also chipped in with 6 rebounds.

JA and CGB are going to be GREAT foundation pieces for this team heading into the next few years. They're already very important players for us this year.

Lammers had a quiet night, Tad was inconsistent, and Okogie was on the sideline and we still pulled it out against a tourney team from last year.

This team has some frustrating moments, but it's still fun to watch them play overall.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game and kept expecting to make NW to make a run at us, but we pretty much kept a solid 6-10 point lead from early in the game until the final drought. Fueled entirely by our defense, which for the longest time was stifling and keeping NW shooting % in the 20's.

Then...we hit the drought. I thought it was fueled by a much improved defensive effort by NW in this last 8 minutes...they were slapping everything (ball, hands, everything) and the refs seemed to swallow their whistles unless it was egregious. I thought our guys panicked a bit...maybe they were tired, maybe NW's improved defense caught them by surprise, maybe they hadn't faced this type of pressure cooker....but was VERY pleased they pulled it out at the end! Learning experience (I hope)...

A bit disappointed with fan turnout. Even student section wasn't full. Other sections seemed even worse. Many of the GT fans who were there seemed to sit on their hands a lot (aside from the students...those who came were great!). Folks around me never jumped up or clapped when we scored or seemed to get "into it". Hopefully this will pick up once people realize football season is over and this team is (again) pretty solid.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TO ME HOW MUCH PROGRESS WE HAVE MADE UNDER PASTNER AND HIS STAFF IN JUST ONE SEASON AND FIVE GAMES. No way this team pulls this game out under prior coaching regimes.

Clearly this team is built on defense, and I just LOVE that. Defense played like we did tonight will keep us in a lot of games this year.

AD played a much better floor game, even if I still hate his jump shot. They were not guarding him thought, so I (sorta) understand why he shoots.

Looked to me like they were trying to double Ben and take him away form us, especially after his hot start. And they did.

But it was nice to see another solid game from CBG.....without his 3 point shooting, and his overall floor game, this team wouldn't be nearly as dangerous as it appears it might be.

I though Jose got a bit rattled down the stretch but he made a good decision with 4 seconds left, and it won us the game.

And, finally, it was nice to see Tadric win it and go from doghouse to penthouse after his TO on the previous possession. His game still seems a bit rough to me...hopefully still a bit rusty, as up until that last play I wasn't that impressed with his offense night (but he did rebound well).

Overall, an excellent night to be at the ThrillerDome!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
What a game and what a cliché sequence for Tadric Jackson. He makes an awful turnover that could of cost us the game, then comes back and hits the game winner. Tifton County made one clutch player!

Also s/o the the wigs....they were pretty funny. Now I'm just waiting on the Polo and Sweats giveaway.

p.s.
I just watched the replay and I made it onto ESPN when they showed Tadric giving me and the other students high fives (y)

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game and kept expecting to make NW to make a run at us, but we pretty much kept a solid 6-10 point lead from early in the game until the final drought. Fueled entirely by our defense, which for the longest time was stifling and keeping NW shooting % in the 20's.

Then...we hit the drought. I thought it was fueled by a much improved defensive effort by NW in this last 8 minutes...they were slapping everything (ball, hands, everything) and the refs seemed to swallow their whistles unless it was egregious. I thought our guys panicked a bit...maybe they were tired, maybe NW's improved defense caught them by surprise, maybe they hadn't faced this type of pressure cooker....but was VERY pleased they pulled it out at the end! Learning experience (I hope)...

A bit disappointed with fan turnout. Even student section wasn't full. Other sections seemed even worse. Many of the GT fans who were there seemed to sit on their hands a lot (aside from the students...those who came were great!). Folks around me never jumped up or clapped when we scored or seemed to get "into it". Hopefully this will pick up once people realize football season is over and this team is (again) pretty solid.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TO ME HOW MUCH PROGRESS WE HAVE MADE UNDER PASTNER AND HIS STAFF IN JUST ONE SEASON AND FIVE GAMES. No way this team pulls this game out under prior coaching regimes.

Clearly this team is built on defense, and I just LOVE that. Defense played like we did tonight will keep us in a lot of games this year.

AD played a much better floor game, even if I still hate his jump shot. They were not guarding him thought, so I (sorta) understand why he shoots.

Looked to me like they were trying to double Ben and take him away form us, especially after his hot start. And they did.

But it was nice to see another solid game from CBG.....without his 3 point shooting, and his overall floor game, this team wouldn't be nearly as dangerous as it appears it might be.

I though Jose got a bit rattled down the stretch but he made a good decision with 4 seconds left, and it won us the game.

And, finally, it was nice to see Tadric win it and go from doghouse to penthouse after his TO on the previous possession. His game still seems a bit rough to me...hopefully still a bit rusty, as up until that last play I wasn't that impressed with his offense night (but he did rebound well).

Overall, an excellent night to be at the ThrillerDome!
I thought AD played great tonight. His best game yet. I see why Red thinks he will take over for Ben at the 5 next year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What a game and what a cliché sequence for Tadric Jackson. He makes an awful turnover that could of cost us the game, then comes back and hits the game winner. Tifton County made one clutch player!

I said in chat was the definition of a boom or bust player. Last couple of possessions defined it. Turnover, and then follow it up by making a difficult layup over a defender to win the game.

Never know what you're going to get out of Tad, but when he's on, he's a VERY good player.